KR Ex-Aid 29 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon May 15, 2017 1:29 am

☆☆☆☆☆
94%
☆☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆☆
3%
☆☆
3%
No votes

Total votes: 31
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: KR Ex-Aid 29 released

Post by Catastrophe »

The only thing I can think of is that M is residual Parado left in Emu, but this then kind of stupid if he is also his own seperate being.
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

3/5

Genius Gamer M is Parad

Another episode that I don't like, another upgrade for a villain
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

That was a fantastic episode. Though in retrospect I do feel kind of dumb right now. All of the hints that Parado was Emu's bugster have been there the whole time and I didn't pick up on them. It make this for a genuinely surprising twist. But I should have seen it coming.

That said, I feel that this is the straightforward option. The Doctor Bugster theory was a lot more interesting because like Poppy, it meant there was another benevolent Bugster out there. Having the Bugster be the doctor, even if it was expected, I think would have made things very interesting down the line because at that point you'd be separating a fundamental part of present Emu's personality.

Besides the question of who or what is M, the other big question I'm struggling with right now is what game Parado is from. All of the other Bugsters come from games (even if we haven't yet been introduced to those games), but we still don't know what game Parado is attached to. He seems to be from two games given his Dual Gashat, neither of which we've properly seen yet. However if he was incubated in Emu, that means he's very old and hitchhiked over on Mighty Action C, yet he's not a Mighty Action Bugster. The game background of all of the Bugsters has been very significant to their personality so far, and I don't expect this is any different. And how does this mesh with the Father of all Bugsters theory, since it was implied that Dan infected Emu with the original Bugster that came from the Y2K bug?

Also, while we're at it, I'm going to be really surprised at this point if Parado's name doesn't have some kind of significance. It seems too deliberately picked to be random.

I'm not a huge fan of Perfect Knockout Fighter, but it's okay. The body of the suit looks good enough, but the helmet with its mane just looks weird. Dangerous Zombie is still the series' best evil Rider design. That said, it does look good in action. This week's quary fight was up to the usual standard of "major Rider introduction curbstomp fight", which is to say that there was plenty of stuff exploding and it did not disappoint.:)

Moving on, I'm a bit bummed with the resolution of the Nico/Emu rivalry. The fact that it was Parado who really beat her 6 years ago makes sense in context, however it means all of her one-sided hate of Emu was for nothing. The rivalry is over, but nothing has actually happened between those two characters to resolve it. It feels like there's a missed opportunity for Nico to grow a bit by getting over it. On the other hand, this adds even more urgency to her side story of beating Kamen Rider Chronicle and all of the Bugsters. Not only does she need to win the game, but now she needs to take down Parado to avenge her loss.

Nico's brief moment with Taiga when he asked if he was no longer needed was also touching. It wasn't a directed emotional response, per se, but when she told him that she still needed him and wanted to defeat Parado, it was a cute moment.

Finally we have Poppy, who is back and is now on her own mission. I am extremely happy they're giving her something to do here, as outside of her short stint was a brainwashed Bugster, she hasn't actually had much to do as part of the good guys, being solidly relegated to a supporting character. So having her off on a quest to save the guy who just saved her is a good way to keep her own development moving forward and not getting stuck in the old rut. Though as an interesting aside, it's curious to see Poppy undertaking something so serious, and not her more practical and straight-laced Asuna personality. It's now been several episodes since we've seen the latter. I kind of expected to see her by now, if only to (literally) allow the actress to let her hair down.
PHurricane wrote:Is it perfect writing? Nah, of course not. But it's the most I've enjoyed Rider since Gaim ended, so I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.
Of all of the theories pitched so far, this makes the most sense. I agree that "What is M" is now a massive question hanging over the story. If Parado was the old Gamer M, then conclusively establishing who or what is the ore-spouting gaming personality that makes up the Orange Mighty Brother and otherwise seems to be in charge when Emu is fighting is a huge deal. It really doesn't seem to be Parado. So having M just be the gaming half of Emu's natural personality makes some sense. Though I also agree that it runs perilously close to being indistinguishable from Parado.

Either way this needs to be quickly resolved within the series. It's too important to the story to leave hanging, and if unanswered does look like a plot hole.
PHurricane wrote:Fun stuff with Poppy hinting at future developments. The implication was strong that she was Dan's mom, but I'll guess an older sister just to be contrary. Rider loves giving its characters sister complexes, which more often than not become key to the plot's resolution.
Based on how Little Dan was talking to the camera, I suspect that the viewer would be a sister. However I'd really like to be wrong here. KR has a bad habit of ignoring mothers entirely, and it would be nice to see a mother be part of the backstory for once instead of the father (e.g. Ghost & Drive).
takenoko wrote:So two Level 50's add up to 99, eh? I guess 99 is the level cap, but still. That's bad math!
Agreed. In most games doubling your XP would only get you another 12-15 levels or so. He should be a level 65 at best. :lol:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>Also, while we're at it, I'm going to be really surprised at this point if Parado's name doesn't have some kind of significance. It seems too deliberately picked to be random.

Parodo + Mighty Action X = Paradox?
Izanagi_Izanami12345
Gao
Favorite series: Toqger + Shinkenger + Lupat + Gaim + Hibiki 1st Part
2nd Favorite Series: W + Build + Kyoryuger + Gobuster + GARO
Favorite Band: It changes over time, but the longest I like was Paramore
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by Izanagi_Izanami12345 »

Haha, my last week's theory is totally wrong about who's M and how Mighty Brothers xx works...

I still kinda think that M in Mighty Brothers xx is a manifestation from Emu instead of his own being or Parado, because the fight between the twins and Parado is make sense that way, since while M is Parado, he is also Emu, M is both of them in the middle..

But I also remember that the blank gashat that Emu used for Mighty Brothers xx was supposed to be Parado's, so M could also be a copy of Parado from the Gashat, probably...
Izanagi_Izanami12345
Gao
Favorite series: Toqger + Shinkenger + Lupat + Gaim + Hibiki 1st Part
2nd Favorite Series: W + Build + Kyoryuger + Gobuster + GARO
Favorite Band: It changes over time, but the longest I like was Paramore
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by Izanagi_Izanami12345 »

takenoko wrote:Parodo + Mighty Action X = Paradox?
I personally think his 'X' might came from by the Mighty Brothers xx :D
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

this episode feels like Metal Gear Solid 2 for me
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

takenoko wrote:I guess I'm just super confused, since it's hard to disentangle M from Parado. Both love games. I'm pretty sure from the conversation that he basically confesses to being the one who fought Nico in the past. If Orange Ex-Aid isn't Parado, then why does he use "ore" and love games? So does that mean there's two Emu's and Parado is a third guy? What happened to the Ore M when Parado took over the orange Ex-Aid? It just seems like they're supposed to be the same guy?
I would say that Emu + Parado = M. I guess it's possible Emu literally has split- or multiple-personality disorder, but I thought of it more like how people sometimes act one way when they're hanging out with their friends and another way around family. When Parado influenced Emu while they were "hanging out" playing games, M-Emu acted more confident and aggressive.
ViRGE wrote:Besides the question of who or what is M, the other big question I'm struggling with right now is what game Parado is from. All of the other Bugsters come from games (even if we haven't yet been introduced to those games), but we still don't know what game Parado is attached to. He seems to be from two games given his Dual Gashat, neither of which we've properly seen yet. However if he was incubated in Emu, that means he's very old and hitchhiked over on Mighty Action C, yet he's not a Mighty Action Bugster. The game background of all of the Bugsters has been very significant to their personality so far, and I don't expect this is any different. And how does this mesh with the Father of all Bugsters theory, since it was implied that Dan infected Emu with the original Bugster that came from the Y2K bug?

Also, while we're at it, I'm going to be really surprised at this point if Parado's name doesn't have some kind of significance. It seems too deliberately picked to be random.
I keep getting tripped up over that too. Mighty Brothers is a possibility, but it doesn't feel right for all the reasons brought up in the Emu/M/Parado discussion. Plus it would be weird for one of the gashats that Emu created to have a Bugster and not the other. Having re-watched parts of the episode where Dan talks about receiving Emu's letter with a new game idea - maybe Parado is from that game? Might even explain how he's a "paradox" - unlike the other Bugsters, his game never made it past the concept stage.

Or maybe it'll be a plot hole. :? Hopefully not. Seems like too big a question to leave unanswered.
PTM966666
Adventure
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Dreamy: Mikie Hara
Favorite Actor?: Tom Hanks
Favorite Band: Coldrain
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by PTM966666 »

to put it simple, M is a personality grew by Parado while he was infecting Emu, that personality grew so strong that even allowed Parado to control over Emu, after the separation, Emu still has bugster virus, M still remains in Emu but is weaker, and only triggered when Emu transform into Ex-Aid. That's why we always see Emu switches his personality when transform. This also create a bridge between Emu and Parado which allows Parado to go back to Emu body, because bascially his virus is still inside Emu. So when Emu uses Mighty Brothers XX, it's actually him and M fighting together. This episode just shows that M is easily controlled by Parado when he's in Emu body like what he did years ago.
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

To be on the safe side, I put most of my message in a spoiler.

Spoiler
So Parado is Emu's Nobody, seems legit.
Anyway, first bugster created was Parado and implanted inside of Emu. Born from the desire to play games with others, Parado grew and slowly developed into M.
Eventually gaining enough power to take over Emu to win all those game tournaments and what not. Zaizen abducts and operates on Emu, removing Parado. Emu wants to become a doctor again.
Even with separation, Parado grew so much that enough was leftover. This allows Emu to transform without the surgery, and why he still swapped to M when performing operations.
It also fills the criteria to be split as Mighty Brothers and still fight Parado.

This also has the reverse affect when Parado had feels for Burgermon. It wasn't just the whole Bugster to Bugster thing.
Maybe being the first Bugster, he did necessarily have to be associated with anything, that's why Dan created the Gashat Gear Dual with Perfect Puzzle (the situation in how he was part of, and controlled, Emu's fate) and Knock-out Fighter (Tekken was the last tourney won before he was separated from Emu).

All that said, glorious episode.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Almost everything in that spoiler tag has been mentioned more than once in this thread without spoilers. Aside from mentioning that Knock Out Fighter was the homage to Parado winning the Tekken tourney. Which was a nice subtle foreshadowing when he debut that form.

I don't think there's any more twists with this, didn't the sting before the episode started saying 'All questions will be answered'? I'm pretty sure they aren't going to go into more detail with the whole Parado is M deal. My prediction since we are nearing the 32-36th episode we are going to start getting some teasers for the final form for Ex-Aid and my prediction which hasn't been said before so I'll put it in the spoiler tab.

Spoiler
#inb4 the final form is actually a variation of XX but one body because Emu did some sappy thing to Parado making him good and making the two one, so it's XX that looks like Parado Lv.99 but seafoam and orange.
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

Loved it. Parado really shows how smart he is as a villain (aside from bad math that is).
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

I feel like something odd. Parado tricked emu to get human genes so he can level up. Why is that? He could do it when he first possessed Emu as he claimed to be the one who stopped Emu's stress. To begin with why do it like that if Emu was disappeared Parado would become a full bugster and he could use human driver anyway and Id on't buy we are destined to fight crap. You fought emu lost why still possess his body or leave him alive? I suspect Parado was not the only bugster that was separated from Emu and he does not want other bugster gain more power from Emu. Remember after 13 bugsters (which parado covers two spots actually one for perfect puzzle other for knock out fighter) there is still boss bugster. Also where is new CEO? I mean he was the one who brainwashed Poppy in the first place why he was not around in the episode they were getting Poppy back or in this one? I think there is more reveals going to happen some will be about new CEO (I wouldn't be surprised if he is a Dan Kuroto clone made for a time when Kuroto died)
hinomars19
Go Go!
Favorite Actor?: Kitagawa keiko
Favorite Band: Koda Kumi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: Yui Koike is like a kitten wrapped in cotton wool eating candyfloss. This cannot be disputed. You try, I flip your table (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Post by hinomars19 »

Maybe everyone being confused is the point? His name is Paradox, so;

'At the most basic level, a paradox is a statement that is self contradictory because it often contains two statements that are both true, but in general, cannot both be true at the same time.'

I dunno, just thought of throwing that out there. His existence, and the situations surrounding it, don't quite make sense, yet here he is regardless? We feel we are missing a piece of the puzzle, but the very fact there is a piece missing is the missing piece?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

hinomars19 wrote:I dunno, just thought of throwing that out there. His existence, and the situations surrounding it, don't quite make sense, yet here he is regardless? We feel we are missing a piece of the puzzle, but the very fact there is a piece missing is the missing piece?
I really like this explanation. It'd be wonderful and fitting if Parado was just taunting Emu (and the viewer) with this clue and just laughing as the joke goes over our heads.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”