KR Ex-Aid 30 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 21, 2017 11:38 am

☆☆☆☆☆
94%
☆☆☆☆
3%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
3%

Total votes: 31
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: KR Ex-Aid 30 released

Post by Zerato »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:How would that be "perfect"? You keep reviving characters, you risk killing any chances the show would have at drama and raising stakes. I mean, isn't that one of the big things a (vocal) majority of people were griping about all during Ghost? "Takeru keeps coming back to life, this is terrible!!" and such? What makes this show or more directly Kiriya so different that it gets excused from that?

Tl;dr: If you griped about Ghost or
Spoiler
Ryuki
or others doing it, shouldn't you also do that here?
I haven't seen Ryuki yet so there's nothing I can say about that. As for Ghost, Takeru coming back isn't what bothered me because we knew from the beginning it was gonna happen. I griped about Ghost because it was poorly written. I want Kiriya back because he and Dan are my favorites in this series and it'd be great to get some closure between the two.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Kurokage X wrote:And Poppy & Nico fight as their rider forms which is a plus, sorta once you see that they got curved stomped, somewhat expected.
FYI the term is "curb stomped" as in literally kicked to the curb. You know, the stone/concrete rim that edges roads. Not a curve.
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

Another excellent episode, and Dan came back through some kind of convoluted way. But hey, at least they can keep him inside a bugvisor so that he may not do anything crazy. XD
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele

Post by Ashki »

I think everyone's missing how basic Dan's backup plan really was...

The proto driver was "hidden" in a pretty easy-to-find place. In addition, I'm almost certaain Dan intended originally to uuse it in the event he became infected or the Bugster virus went out of control (which was pretty much stated). He didn't intend for Poppy to find it because Poppy didn't even exist yet when he built the driver and gashat. Dan may be a genius, but he was still a boy and focused on his rival, not on the billion possibilities that would only arise after the birth of Parado.

His plan: The Bugster become a threat to him, so he dons the driver, creating an anti-Bugster field around him. Then he can eliminate the threat without being harmed by the Bugster's special abilities.

What REALLY happened: Poppy had the manual, yet she couldn't figure out how the gashat worked. Nor could Nico, apparently. Instead, she tried to use the driver, but it didn't function because she lacks human DNA. So instead, she goes into the game world to try and extract the information which normally would have manifested dduring the henshin. Once there, she discovers Dan, whose human DNA was digitised (I used to have an official copy of the human genome on CD, which mapped the chromosomes in text files so huge they would freeze my system if I opened all but the smallest one). Since Dan was a digitised human he retains his human DNA. However, it is corrupted or incomplete, leaving him with some Bugster sequences in his genetic code. By placing the driver onto Dan and activating the Gashat, the Bugster coding was disruted, allowing Dan to regain control of himself. Think of it as a sort of debugging tool.

Now, had Dan not gone insane or been too busy trying to upstage Emu while infected, he would have simply retrieved the driver back then and used the proto gashat to eliminate Parado and his infecting Bugster. But instead, he went mad and when the gashat first neutralised the Bugster part of him, he reverted immediately to the point of his digitisation, as if time had simply stopped and restarted.

Another theory about Dan being a Bugster... It's entirely possible that Dan has been part Bugster for a LONG time. Remember, he intentionally gave himself a Game Over in order to activate dangerous Zombie, and those with a Game Over get digitised. Thus, Dan could have been a hybrid all this time and infecting himself worked because he still had human DNA. This could also partly explain why his data was corrupted when he died at Parado's hands, because Emu had reprogrammed is DNA but could't do a complete restoration without knowing the proper genetic sequences - hence Dan already had corrupted data when he died the second time. The Proto gashat should have restored the missing parts of his DNA, but from a younger point in his lifetime (our DNA becomes naturally corrupted during our lifetime, absorbing genes from our environment when we get an infection or are bitten by bugs, etc.). Thus he should be a little saner, but Emu only removed the vaccine, not the actual Dangerous Zombie DNA so far as we know. And even if he did, the gashat likely runs off of human code and not Bugster code (unlike the later gashats).

Normally, I hate the idea of a character being brought back to life in toku, but there are two timess when it's acceptable:

1. The character is brought back as a cyborg (Queen Hedonia, Kamen rider V3, etc.)
2. The character's death was under unusual circumstances that had a feasible cop-out
Spoiler
such as the generals in Fourze, who were sent to aanother dimension... which really isn't all that different from the plot device being used here, to be perfectly honest.

However, if a character dies a legitimate death (stabbing, explosion etc.), then bringing them back completely ruins the drama.

Also, one last note:
Spoiler
If they DO bring Kiriya back, he will have to be part Bugster, since he hada Game Over. This means there are potetial consequences, not the least of which is the fact that they cannot eliminate the Bugster completely without Emu reprogramming Kiriya's DNA - which could lead to additional problems if Kiriya's actual DNA isnt on file somewhere.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
Zerato wrote:Welcome back you beautiful, beautiful psycho you. Your presence has greatly been missed. I knew they would find some way to bring him back where he would become the final boss, but I didn't expect them to do it like this. I approve. Now just bring back Kiriya and all will be perfect.
How would that be "perfect"? You keep reviving characters, you risk killing any chances the show would have at drama and raising stakes. I mean, isn't that one of the big things a (vocal) majority of people were griping about all during Ghost? "Takeru keeps coming back to life, this is terrible!!" and such? What makes this show or more directly Kiriya so different that it gets excused from that?

Tl;dr: If you griped about Ghost or
Spoiler
Ryuki
or others doing it, shouldn't you also do that here?
Ryuki I haven't see yet so we'll see. Ghost Revived Takeru enough times to make me not give a damn, and the writer did not know when to stop. That not my only problem with Ghost.

After Dan's revival, Kiriya would make sense,and overall would be more interesting.
NOMarfo
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I'm not sure to feel about Dan being back. He went out on the top, so this could very well screw up the awesomeness that came from that. On the other hand, the series has been doing well so far, so I'm willing to give the writers the benefit of a doubt and see where this goes.

The whole Level 0 bit is very odd though. This had better get explained in detail in the next episode.
takenoko wrote:Honestly, I have mixed feelings about them fast tracking the Chronicle battles, but we've seen those guys get defeated at least 3-4 times already. It's probably the right decision in terms of pacing, it just feels weird.
I'd like to see one more, just to see how Nico is taking out some of the more unconventional Bugsters and how much "help" Taiga is actually providing. Given the level advantage, it would be easiest for him to just do everything or otherwise twink Nico. Which doesn't make for a very interesting setup.
Poppy and Nico transform only to get knocked down, some things never change.
That was the low point of the episode for sure. I had to roll my eyes at that. It's like there's someone at Toei who goes out of their way to make their shows mishandle female heroes.
But man, Nico, you are too young to be manipulating older men like that.
I don't know if that's really manipulation. It's more like creating an excuse for Taiga to go do what he really wants. Taiga isn't doing something he didn't already want to do.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Ho-Ly-Hell

Okay, after watching (yet never finishing) Ghost, you think I'd be pissed that they brought Dan back, but WOW!

Won't lie, I was a little disappointed that Poppy wasn't Gemm Level 0, but just the fact that he's back makes me giddy with joy. Despite being a God-Complex character, he was an enjoyable aspect of the series.

Parado being Parado is always interesting, especially with his lvl 99 form kicking everyone's ass (thought I don't really approve of the whole combo system he has going on with his axe. I can't put it into words, but it just irks me.) but I also can't help but point out that, out of all the characters in the show, he's the ONLY ONE THAT UTILIZES THE POWER UP SCATTERED AROUND THE DAMN FIELD! I just can't stand the fact that this is a show about video-game Kamen Riders, only one of them actively tries to use them

I also really, REALLY wish that the Gashats from the defeated Bugsters gave Nico a new form or weapon. I hate that she and Taiga go out of their way to complete Kamen Rider Chronicle with no real pay off for her. I get it that she's doing to because she's a stubborn gamer at heart, but she deserves something, ANYTHING to set her apart from the other Chronicle Riders besides a few stickers and a backpack.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I also really, REALLY wish that the Gashats from the defeated Bugsters gave Nico a new form or weapon. I hate that she and Taiga go out of their way to complete Kamen Rider Chronicle with no real pay off for her. I get it that she's doing to because she's a stubborn gamer at heart, but she deserves something, ANYTHING to set her apart from the other Chronicle Riders besides a few stickers and a backpack.
That's probably because Chronicle is supposed to be rigged against the humans, so they don't get any other reward.

Still doesn't stop Emu from giving her some of his low level Gashats to use the weapons considering he has a max level rider armour now though.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo

Post by VerusMaya II »

Do we know how far ahead episode scripts (or even the whole over-arching plot, if they write one) are written? I know they film at least several weeks ahead of airing, but I'm trying to grasp if they knew from episode 1 that Dan would be coming back, or if they saw his popularity and are flying by the seat of their pants.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by nanamarfo »

VerusMaya II wrote:Do we know how far ahead episode scripts (or even the whole over-arching plot, if they write one) are written? I know they film at least several weeks ahead of airing, but I'm trying to grasp if they knew from episode 1 that Dan would be coming back, or if they saw his popularity and are flying by the seat of their pants.
The actor didn't get flowers when he was killed off, so I would say this was planned.
NOMarfo
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by nanamarfo »

toni2212 wrote:Poppy still has the Gashacon Bugvisor 2.0? I thought she threw it away since she clearly states that she doesn't want to fight anyone.
Kamen Rider 101: Just because it is gone, does not mean it is gone.
NOMarfo
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

So some things came to mind today, partly from thinking over this episode while on the bus and from re-watching the series with a friend (Up to ep 12 again). First off Dan reminds me a hell of a lot like Enter, in terms of his long term scheming, focus on the main character and his ability to not die for good. 2nd thing is this. Parado is a complete bugster, and we know that only happens when they overtake their host, If you recall in the run up to Lazer's death he was exploring the surgery for Emu and his surgery data stated he was brought into the morgue 16 years ago, now when this first happened I didn't think much about it but as we progressed i started thinking on it more. So, what if Emu did die after being infected with the main bugster virus? the coding could have sustained him unexpectedly and as such Parado's name isn't just a random choice, but because his and emu's lives are in fact a paradox itself? I mean i could be just over thinking things but it's the best concept i have right now
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo

Post by VerusMaya II »

nanamarfo wrote:
VerusMaya II wrote:Do we know how far ahead episode scripts (or even the whole over-arching plot, if they write one) are written? I know they film at least several weeks ahead of airing, but I'm trying to grasp if they knew from episode 1 that Dan would be coming back, or if they saw his popularity and are flying by the seat of their pants.
The actor didn't get flowers when he was killed off, so I would say this was planned.
On the flip side: Graphite's actor did get flowers, and yet he's back.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I definitely think it was a planned return as the storyline doesn't feel awkward or forced in, more like a natural progression, and as pointed out, the actor didn't get flowers, so they probably had this in mind from the beginning.

And as for the similarities with Ghost - while it's true that both characters do die and are reborn a frankly shocking number of times, I think the main point here is that Ghost was the title character and thus could *not* die or else the show would be over. Making him die and then be revived (5? 6 times? I forget) always felt shallow because it was something that had happened before and we knew he'd just be revived within an episode, thus utterly negating any sense of drama.

However Dan is *not* the title character, and thus *can* die for realsies. Hell, I thought he was gone for good after the last time. It's never undeserved resurrection, he's always working behind the scenes to become immortal, so it has far more of an impact than Ghost.

And let's face it, the man is clearly hugely enjoying himself and chews the hell out of all the scenery. It's lots of fun watching him because he's just so over the top and dramatic that you can't help but laugh. If he wasn't such a good actor, I probably wouldn't like his resurrection but the right actor for the part really does make worlds of difference for how you feel about very similar stories.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

nanamarfo wrote:
toni2212 wrote:Poppy still has the Gashacon Bugvisor 2.0? I thought she threw it away since she clearly states that she doesn't want to fight anyone.
Kamen Rider 101: Just because it is gone, does not mean it is gone.
Really? I thought Kamen Rider 101 is: If a character gets thrown into a river, that means their transformation is cancelled and they will survive the fall. :lol:

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”