KR Ex-Aid 32 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:09 am

☆☆☆☆☆
85%
☆☆☆☆
8%
☆☆☆
5%
☆☆
No votes
3%

Total votes: 40
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Ex-Aid 32 released

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Time Lord of the Speed. Or GameDeus-Ex Machina Stolen blatantly from nanamarfo

Last week's poll rating: 4.77 / 5 (31 votes)
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Ex-Aid 32 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Men's Warehouse gray suit and pants along with obsidian shirt + DX Bugvisor II+KR Chronicle + picket board that says "Better than Bobby Kotick" = an ideal con cosplay!

Yeah, I'm going Straizo over the new rider. Time manipulation is my favorite superpower.

Overall, a nice wham episode. Hope Masamune can emulate Banno's villainy without the insanity.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

So Kamen Rider Chronos wasn't the final boss but it was Gamdeus? I can't wait to see who Gamdeus is. Also, it seems like they're trying to pitch the son vs father thing again like they did in Drive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I dunno how I feel about Chronos or Masamune (that's his name?) or Gamdeus. I sort of like what we have here, and am afraid these new elements are going to ruin it. We've already had the main bad guy role flip from Kuroto to Parado, and now it's going to his dad? It just seems like 3 is a bit much.

Also, Chronos sure gives me Ryuki/Kabuto vibes. His time power is just a clock up that's not as cool.

That said, I guess something needs to be thrown in to keep the plot going.

It's nice to see Asuna back. I get so tired of her Poppy outfit. She looks way better as a normal human.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

what is it with Genm Presidents being evil, first there's Kuroto, then there's Lovrica, R.I.P Lovrica, and now Masamune, now revealed to be Cronus. Speaking of which, does every men in the Dan family have a penchant for convoluted plans that take years to work and have god complexes? Since it is revealed that Kuroto was played like a damn fiddle by his father as it's revealed that he was responsible for everything: getting Kuroto the idea to create Kamen Rider Chronicle, indirectly killing Kiriya, and more. but what is his end game
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So while we need more exposure to Masamune to fully understand his motives, I feel like he's a compelling character because his motivations do differ from the Bugsters and his son. While Kuroto is the programmer, Masamune has that executive feel and he wants to keep the game going for the glory of the company.

The only thing I don't like about Cronut is that the inside of his coattail is red (did they repaint a spare Wizard one?) and it clashes with the green and black of the suit. He does give off a Kabuto vibe with the time powers and the roundhouse kick, although I get the clock theme as well.

Why the hell do they shoehorn Graphite as Snipes rival when he killed Hiros girlfriend? I bet they'll explain it in the Snipe special (which they shouldn't). Also, Lovricas death I feel will impact Parad to some degree. Now that he knows Bugstars can die, he might have a change of heart.

Finally, kind of weak reintroduction of Hiros dad. But, with Lovrica dying, does that mean he is the only one that could become Cronut? As far as we know he's the only one with the Crisis antibody so he's the only one that could get them all.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Why not Poppy+Nico+Graphite Jojoposing?!
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Jojo memes are always the freshest.

I want to see Shin Dan get in on that.
Zenuku5
Infinity
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Kurenai Wataru
Favorite Actor?: Koji Seto
Quote: Let's make this showy!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Zenuku5 »

So...I feel better honestly. I hated Kuroto as the series main big villain. He was moron who tipped his hand far too early and paid the price by needing to needlessly complicate matters. In the end though it appears he was only a puppet, a tool by the true boss, the true CEO. So his stupidity somehow feels more forgivable if you understand? I mean I agree both of them clearly have way too much time on their hands and patience if they were willing to wait SO long for their plans to come to fruition but seriously. Least Cronos here was willing to wait until the perfect time to show his hand. So bravo for that. Also yay! Loverica is finally gone. I found him annoying and loved Cronos joke about Tokimeki Crisis being 'out of print'. I like a good smart villain with a sharp wit and plays the game expertly.

Parado as a villain as a note felt okay for me being he was clearly a personal rival for Emu. So I could have standed him being the final big bad. I actually have a feeling 'Gamedeus' is going to get taken out like a total punk and made to look like he was never really a big deal.

In the most BIZARRE way Cronos is a very fitting name for those who know the mythos of Kronos the titan who fathered the greek gods. Dan Kuroto equates himself TO a God and the Bugsters, or their games curiously happen to number twelve like the big twelve of the pantheon. As Poppy pointed out Parado technically is 2 for 1 so still 12. So a lot of curious things that add up in a strange way.
Catastrophe wrote:The only thing I don't like about Cronut is that the inside of his coattail is red (did they repaint a spare Wizard one?) and it clashes with the green and black of the suit.
And to answer your question the coat used for Cronos, according to the wiki, looks to be a redeco/paint of Genm's Wizard Gamer form from whatever. They should have fixed that too yes, as that does clash. Maybe if he had silver or gold instead of black it might work as a christmas theme?

So to sum up, I actually like Masamune as the villain and am eager to get more of him. In effect it brings his telling Kiriya the truth to prompt Genm into silencing him into a brand new light, as he had to have realized Kiriya would confront Kuroto about it, prompting him to kill him.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele

Post by Ashki »

Considering so many classic games are referenced in this show, I'm glad to see Chronos giving a few nods to Chrono Trigger. From the way Dan describes Gamdeus (and himself), it's pretty obvious hwho Gamdeus was meant to be. Of course, Masamune's revelation just changed all the rules, so it's very possible Gamdeus could be someone else entirely.

Parado's tasted death. He has Emu's memories and a connection with his rival/host. This means, he may finally understand the value of life. To that end, we could well see Emu and Parado becoming symbiotic.

I know the multiple developments this episode seem to be an excuse to stretch the storyline, but it really brings back a theme I loved in Faiz, they touched upon in Kabuto, and that they tried to do in Drive.. the idea that two competing species could set aside their differences and learn to coexist. In the end, who is the villain? Is it the humans who created a virus for the sake of entertainment? Is it the Bugster who evolve when defeated and (until now) have no true concept of death? Or is it the one who sees both species as mere tools to become the ruler over all? In the end, it could likely be none of the above, just as no wielder of the One Ring was truly evil but merely a pawn twisted by the Ring's influence.

The father/son dynamic isn't quite the same as most other instances. You may have father against son, but before that you had mother against son which ended in the roles being reversed. At this point, it's a two/three-generation family feud - Either you have Poppy, who's essentially Dan's "child", or her deceased host (Masamune's wife) in this picture. And I don't quite see Dan going up against his father directly. This experience has stripped him of his Gamemaster title, not to mention, he's now a Bugster and only Masamune's son via some genetic material merged into his programming.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

Catastrophe wrote:Why the hell do they shoehorn Graphite as Snipes rival when he killed Hiros girlfriend?
It isn't shoehorned when you look at all the context clues we've been given throughout the series. Graphite is the only Bugster that Taiga couldn't beat back when he was with CR. Because he couldn't beat him, Saki died. His failure to beat Graphite and save Saki is what caused the downward spiral that lead Taiga to be who he is now. Both Taiga and Hiiro have ties with Graphite, but in completely different ways. Hiiro wants justice for the death of his girlfriend, Taiga has a personal vendetta against the guy that ruined his life.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I mean, I've been saying the same thing as well. It sort of speaks to Taiga being an underdeveloped character (since his backstory appears to be sectioned off into his spin off series). We understand the basics of why he hates Graphite, but the emotional core of it isn't there, the way we're constantly reminded of Hiiro and his sadness over his dead girlfriend.

Is it a limitation of Hiiro's actor? Did they try to put him into some emotional scenes where he gets sad or angry and he just couldn't perform, so they gave the job of being Graphite's nemesis to Taiga's actor? It doesn't take a fancy writer to look at the scenario and go "Oh, this is the more compelling scenario. The guy avenging his dead girlfriend, over the guy whose career was ruined in a brief flashback."
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

So I have to say I'm a bit annoyed with this episode. We go into the back half of it with everyone setting up for an awesome brawl: all the Bugsters, all the Riders (including the girls!), a fight to the finish, all in a cool, picturesque location. And the fight is going great with a lot of action, flashy effects, Dan pulling off another one of his cornball ressurections, and Emu finally giving Lovelica the snipping he deserves.

And then Dan Sr. shows up, and the awesome brawl is brought to a screeching halt.:(

Back when we first saw Dan Sr. some 20 episodes ago, the fact that they cast someone for such a trivial role seemed like a pretty good tip-off that he was meant for something bigger. So I'm not surprised that he's back. However to see that he's the true mastermind behind all of this is very much surprising, as until now Dan's dickery has all come off as very intentional. It's for that reason that I don't know how to feel about this. Dan Sr. being the mastermind means that a lot of Dan's evil agency has been taken from him; he had to do all of those evil things, because that was the plan Dan Sr. set into motion. Which isn't to say that Dan is redeemed (he's still an S-rank dick), but I think it does make him a less impressive character? Now he's just somebody's tool, rather than being a big bad in his own right.

Meanwhile Hiiro's father is back... and immediately makes a pain of himself. I'm glad to have the actor back (it's kind of weird having the kids running the CR), but I am surprised to see that he was so fond of Saki. Since she primarily exists to give the characters backstories for Zero Day, her relationship with her boyfriend's father isn't something I was ever expecting to see expounded upon.

Though I am now very confused about KR Chronicle now. Dan wanted to make the ultimate game - a game that was real (and that he got to control). The Bugsters wanted to make a tool to exterminate the humans. But why did Dan Sr. want to make it? And who/what is Gamedeus? Also, I second Poppy's chagrin at Dan just having to go and make a game that's impossible to beat... :P

In any case, while I'm peeved that Chronos interrupted a very good fight, I must admit that he got a very cool introduction. This show doesn't film at night very often, so when they do it has an impact. And visually the crew knocked it out of the park there, as it looked amazing. However I'm disappointed that Chronos is an Ex-Aid body modification. For Genm it made sense, especially given the relationship between Dan and Emu. However for a game character that seems to have no relation to Mighty Action X, it just feels lazy. Either Chronos isn't meant to be around for very long or the costume department dropped the ball here.

In terms of production though, all of the cinematography for the episode was well done. The final fight, night shots leading to the final fight, the overhead shots on the first fight, and even a nice, subtle use of wire-fu early on when Brave and Snipe jumped to the top of the buildings to fight the Bugsters. I also really liked the intentional contrast when the 4 Riders were walking up for the final fight: the three doctors in white, and then Dan in black. Also, I believe this is the first time since Zero Day that Taiga has shown up to a fight in a lab coat? In which case I guess that's a flag that we're nearing the end of his redemption arc?

Finally, I noticed that one of the dials on Chronos's clock had what looked to be the symbols for all of the major weapons. There's no way in heck that's a coincidence, so now I'm left to wonder what it means. Does he have the power of all of the riders?

Unrelated: I like how they've subverted the usual "hero belt" and "villain belt" concepts. The Gamer Driver is the hero belt, but then Parado is running around using it as well. And the Bug Visor is the villain belt, but Poppy is running around using it for good. Which belt is which still matters, but it's an interesting departure from the usual straight-laced separation of the two.
Kurokage X wrote:what is it with Genm Presidents being evil, first there's Kuroto, then there's Lovrica, R.I.P Lovrica, and now Masamune, now revealed to be Cronus
I've said it once and I'll say it again: the Ministry of Health needs to shut down Genm Corp. It's so obviously evil that it's getting painful. :lol:
takenoko wrote:I dunno how I feel about Chronos or Masamune (that's his name?) or Gamdeus. I sort of like what we have here, and am afraid these new elements are going to ruin it. We've already had the main bad guy role flip from Kuroto to Parado, and now it's going to his dad? It just seems like 3 is a bit much.
Agreed in full. We'll see how it goes. But since we're not "done" with the Bugsters yet, bringing on another Big Bad feels premature.
It's nice to see Asuna back. I get so tired of her Poppy outfit. She looks way better as a normal human.
Also agreed. To the actress's credit, she plays the hell out of Poppy, completely nailing the genki girl aspects. However too much genki can be grating. Asuna is a nice break from the hyper aspects of Poppy, and because it lets the actress take things down a notch and play a more balanced, human role. And yeah, it outright lets us see more of her as well, as she's no longer under 5 pounds of makeup and clothes.
Zerato wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:Why the hell do they shoehorn Graphite as Snipes rival when he killed Hiros girlfriend?
It isn't shoehorned when you look at all the context clues we've been given throughout the series. Graphite is the only Bugster that Taiga couldn't beat back when he was with CR. Because he couldn't beat him, Saki died. His failure to beat Graphite and save Saki is what caused the downward spiral that lead Taiga to be who he is now. Both Taiga and Hiiro have ties with Graphite, but in completely different ways. Hiiro wants justice for the death of his girlfriend, Taiga has a personal vendetta against the guy that ruined his life.
Bingo. Graphite killed Hiiro's girlfriend, but he's also the reason Taiga lost his doctor's license.
Hyboran Tigersen
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: In order to protect others you must first learn to protect yourself.
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Hyboran Tigersen »

takenoko wrote:I dunno how I feel about Chronos or Masamune (that's his name?) or Gamdeus. I sort of like what we have here, and am afraid these new elements are going to ruin it. We've already had the main bad guy role flip from Kuroto to Parado, and now it's going to his dad? It just seems like 3 is a bit much.

Also, Chronos sure gives me Ryuki/Kabuto vibes. His time power is just a clock up that's not as cool.

That said, I guess something needs to be thrown in to keep the plot going.

I agree with Poppy seen in her human form. Not that it is annoying seeing her in her colorful outfit, but it has started to become a little redundant which is unfortunate because I do like it; an outfit you'd like to wear once in a while because you like it so much. That kind of thing.

It was a SLIGHT of a mixed bag of Chronos/Masamune showing up out of nowhere while the fight prior was great and all. On one hand, the un-expectancy made for an okay game changer but on the other hand, perhaps him showing up at a later time, say, when the fights got more heated might have brought a more surprising element?

I was shocked about his power because I feel it trumps other time based Riders that are out there. Well kind of? I mean, Faiz and Kabuto are able accelerate themselves, Odin can reverse time but Chronos stops time completely thereby negating theirs.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Maybe it's late, but is there really a trope where the heroes and villains have different belts? I'm not really thinking of any examples of that right now.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”