KR Ex-Aid 33 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:11 am

☆☆☆☆☆
46%
☆☆☆☆
19%
☆☆☆
27%
☆☆
4%
4%

Total votes: 26
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Ex-Aid 33 released

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - This is Nico's thinking pose

Last week's poll rating: 4.71 / 5 (35 votes)

Man, what a clumsy episode. I liked Brave's betrayal, and it might have even been foreshadowed with his Dark Lord Gashat, but everything that lead up to that was bad.

First, welcome back Director, I didn't miss you.

The writing really took a dip this time for some reason. Like Brave's betrayal couldn't have been more heavily signaled. First, they remind you at least three times that the Proto Gashats hold the data on erased people. Then they had Taiga going "Gee, I wonder why he only took Brave."

I mean, maybe it's not meant to be a surprise, but still. It felt like every aspect of this episode solely existed in service of that one moment, and it felt super heavy handed to me. Yeah, it's a good moment, but it didn't need to be signaled as explicitly as it was. Keep some of your cards closer to your chest, Writer-san.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Ex-Aid 33 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

I watched this episode for Masamune only. He's a better president for a game company than Bobby Kotick could ever be.

I WANT the Bugvisor II... Should I or should I not??
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

I enjoy Masamune's character, complete dickwad even worse than dan kuroto. He obviously sees the bugsters as objects and treats them like trash. I feel like that he'll just get killed off by Gamdeus if he ever does appear in the show. (It feels like they won't show gamdeus until like the last few episodes imo.)
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

I really loved the scene where they're trying to determine how to beat Pause, and then Emu does the excited "Aah"ing and pointing, and Neo Kuroto lights up with the same idea.
And then Hiiro barges in, throwing the "I'm about to betray you" card in their face with "Tell me more about it".

You know, in a good bit of shows, when one of the main crew is taken by the villain and returned without much harm, that individual is questioned and slightly untrusted.
Especially in the case where the villain knowingly has something personal to the character. The character is also somewhat left out of the plan, as to make sure they don't act rash.
Which probably would have also made the betrayal better, if he came in from an angle with a Rider Kick to knock Emu away. You know, like when Parad socked the hell out of Kuroto back when he had the Sparrow to his neck?
HenshinForPie
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Phillip (sigh)
Favorite Actor?: James MacEvoy
Favorite Band: Florence and the Mac
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Noragami
Quote: "Sometimes we all need to give in to the madness."
Nostalgia Critic-Kickassia
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by HenshinForPie »

Pretty good episode, though I agree Hiiro's betrayal could have been much more subtle. The idea that Masamune basically plans to take over the world (OF COURSE!) is quite frightening, especially since he could control the lives of humans and Bugsters alike. His cold, calculating villainy is terrifying. I also really want the Bugvisor II, just so I can laugh at mini Kuroto "trapped" inside! Sadly, I'm poor. :roll:

Also, who is Bobby Kotik? (sp)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Bobby Kotick was the CEO of activision or the other big video game publishing company. They mentioned him a lot on Idle Thumbs podcast. I guess he's apparently a pretty good businessman, but he made some decisions that angered video game fans? But what doesn't make video game fans angry?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm getting really sick of this secondary rider betrayal arc. I think Drive did it best, where here unless there is something we don't know about it just seems forced for drama.

Like, Hiiro is the one that suggests using the reprogramming ability on Cronut, and if they hit with it then his powers are nullified and he can't transform anymore.

Also, was that Cakebosses office they met in?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Catastrophe wrote: Also, was that Cakebosses office they met in?
Indeed it was~
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I really enjoyed that episode. However I may be a sucker for betrayal stories. In any case I can certainly see why not everyone liked the writing, but it worked for me.:)

In terms of the sheer seriousness of betrayals, Hiiro's is at the top. He stopped a plan that would have won the day once and for all (TM) simply to get what he wanted, even though had he let the plan succeed, he would have gotten it anyhow. That's a brutal betrayal by any measure. In fact it may be grave to say it, but in a series that is surprisingly okay with killing off characters, I'm not sure it's a redeemable betrayal. Unless this is all part of a larger scheme (and if it is, then that plot twist has been done to death), Emu should eliminate Hiiro. He sacrificed humanity for his own selfish desires. He is no better than Dan or the Bugsters, and not nearly as useful. (It won't happen, but one can dream)

Betrayals and general plot points aside, I find Masamune to be an interesting villain. He's calm and collected at all times. And not in an "I'm winning so my guard is down" sense, but in the sense that it's just how he lives. Negotiating business, monologuing to the Riders, fighting the Riders, killing Bugsters, etc. Sure he's a madman out for power, but his end-game isn't to kill all humanity - just the ones that give him a problem - and that's an interesting diversion from the usual kill-all-humans villains. He's a businessman crossed with a power-mad dictator. Of course, when you can pause time, I suppose you don't have to worry about much to begin with...

On the flip side of the coin, we've never seen Parado afraid before. Even when he's been on the losing side, he's angry and vengeful, not afraid. It makes a good deal of sense why he's afraid, since as he points out he thought he and his kind were immortal, but it's not something I thought I would ever see. I figured he'd be a game-addicted, murderous virus right down to the end. So perhaps the rest of his arc isn't quite so set in stone.

One thing is throwing me for a loop though. Dan stops Masamune in broad daylight, the two talk at night (even though it's implied that it happens seconds later), and then the moment they transform at the end of that talk, it's broad daylight again? Either something got cut for time, or someone got their wires crossed here when filming this episode.

And hey, it's Bureaucrat Asuna! We haven't seen her in a long while.

Preview:
Spoiler
Toei, you had better not be screwing with us!
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Catastrophe wrote:I'm getting really sick of this secondary rider betrayal arc. I think Drive did it best, where here unless there is something we don't know about it just seems forced for drama.

Like, Hiiro is the one that suggests using the reprogramming ability on Cronut, and if they hit with it then his powers are nullified and he can't transform anymore.
He wants to revive Saki, although that will probably end up with him shooting himself in the foot,
NOMarfo
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by nanamarfo »

ViRGE wrote:
One thing is throwing me for a loop though. Dan stops Masamune in broad daylight, the two talk at night (even though it's implied that it happens seconds later), and then the moment they transform at the end of that talk, it's broad daylight again? Either something got cut for time, or someone got their wires crossed here when filming this episode.

And hey, it's Bureaucrat Asuna! We haven't seen her in a long while.
1. Time warp by Masume(Sorry for misspelling) most likely.

2. What?
NOMarfo
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Lunagel wrote:Indeed it was~
SUBARASHII!
nanamarfo wrote:He wants to revive Saki, although that will probably end up with him shooting himself in the foot,
Yeah, but doesn't Shin Dan know how to do that? If they neutralise Papa Dan, they can just take the proto gashats back and only have to worry about the remaining Bugsters. Unless there is something else that Masamune has told him that we don't know about.
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by nanamarfo »

Catastrophe wrote:
nanamarfo wrote:He wants to revive Saki, although that will probably end up with him shooting himself in the foot,
Yeah, but doesn't Shin Dan know how to do that? If they neutralise Papa Dan, they can just take the proto gashats back and only have to worry about the remaining Bugsters. Unless there is something else that Masamune has told him that we don't know about.
Well, not trusting Shin Dan is a factor.
NOMarfo
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

nanamarfo wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:

Well, not trusting Shin Dan is a factor.
And trusting his megalomaniacal father is a better idea? :P
YuushaGamer
Quote: I play to win
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by YuushaGamer »

i can already see the ending of this series is gonna be like drive again. paradox and emu team up to defeat chronos as he tries to wield the power of gamedeus. then once gamedeus is destroyed they have one final battle and hopefully it will be better between tomari and heart. seriously though where did the director disappear off too and then suddenly reappear
twitter: @YuushaGamer
youtube: YuushaGamer
twitch: twitch/YuushaGamer

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”