KR Ex-Aid 34 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:32 am

☆☆☆☆☆
66%
☆☆☆☆
28%
☆☆☆
3%
☆☆
No votes
3%

Total votes: 29
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Ex-Aid 34 released

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Drama

Last week's poll rating: 3.96 / 5 (25 votes)

Kind of feel like the writing's been kind of sliding the last few episodes ever since Chronos was introduced. Here's yet another episode where they remind you every few seconds that Hiiro is motivated because he wants to save Saki. It's like, shut the fuck up already. The viewer gets it.

Not to say there wasn't good drama bits. Like Hiiro breaking down and admitting that it was his fault that Saki died was a good moment. But oh man is it hard to feel any sort of connection to KR Ex Machina, since his relationship with the other characters is completely underdeveloped. And the one person who'd have a connection, his son, spends the whole episode in his room.

It's not a terrible episode to watch. It's still pretty good. But it doesn't feel like it's on par with the heights that we were on a month ago.

The Parado and Graphite mini quest felt kind of just there. Like those guys invading the CR should have been an important violation of the hero's safe space. Instead, they just grabbed a bunch of info that they probably already knew and peaced out. ??? Oh, and then they went into a game and just grabbed a piece of Gamdeus. ???

I don't know why I'm bitching about this stuff. Maybe it's because I wanted Hiiro's stuff like 30 episodes ago, and for it to appear now, in the fillers of the 30s, makes it feel not quite as good as it could have been.

The fight between Hiiro and Emu, should have been an amazing clash of ideologies and motivations. But it just didn't feel as epic as it could have been. It doesn't help that Emu is just straight up level 99 and Hiiro is 50. The problem with these hard numbers is that unless Hiiro catches Emu off guard, there's no way for him to beat Emu if he decides to get serious.

Should have been an amazing episode, but just feels above average. 4/5 stars
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Ex-Aid 34 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Like son, like father when it comes to contingencies. Zod I like both Kuroto and Masamune.

Welcome back, Lazer.

Spoiler
I have a feeling those two right-hand Riders will go freelance, maybe around the 40-mark of episodes.

If Gamedeus' human form is a child the heroes encounter later and initially thought it was innocent, I'll jump off a building.

Nice episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

I guess being handsome, crazy, have crazy as hell contingency plans run in the Dan family

And Lazer is back so meh, when I first heard the news I was sorta disappointed with the decision, if it was made because of fan outcry then I would be pissed but since Graphite and Kuroto being back, though those two I get Lazer I don't get but whatever.

And ok Ex-aid we get it Hiro wants Saki back but oh wait he only got the body with her last words to him on repeat what joy it is to feel like you betrayed humanity for your own interests, sounds like Meteor's plot from Fourze
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I like the fact that Parado and Graphite aren't doing fuck all and still kind of relevant to what's going on.

End of the episode is more hype to be honest. Can Dad Dan brainwash people? Because I can't think of any other reason why Lazer would work for him.

Also, they should have retooled Lazers helmet. That Zaku look is shitty.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele

Post by Ashki »

I'm kind of glad they did a big twist for Lazer and made him a bad guy after stongly suggesting he'd stop Hiiro in last week's previews. Also, I think the hammering in about Hiiro and Saki may be their wy of making up for a huge mistake they made earlier.

The Director is broken At times we get a brilliant man, but at other times, we see a cartoonish buffoon that's disconnected from reality. It eems he really loved Saki like a daughter and it broke him. In this episode, we see more of the same, but this time in regards to Hiiro. Could it be they might actually fix the character before the end? It remind me a lot of Drive where the leader was an idiot until halfway through he reveals it was all an act... only we can tell it isn't.
TypicalStandUser wrote:
Spoiler
I have a feeling those two right-hand Riders will go freelance, maybe around the 40-mark of episodes.
Spoiler

I honestly think this would be an awesome idea. It's the Hopper Brothers all over again, and would explain why they've held back on giving Hiiro a personality and killed off the most developed character early on.

Catastrophe wrote:End of the episode is more hype to be honest. Can Dad Dan brainwash people? Because I can't think of any other reason why Lazer would work for him.

Also, they should have retooled Lazers helmet. That Zaku look is shitty.
The helmet design is actually relevant. Similar variations have been used on transforming bikes in several franchises, so it pulls a nostalgic reaction from many viewers that help endear them to the character. although it does somewhat resemble a classic Zaku as well.

As for your question, I don't thik it's a matter of brainwashing. If Masamune can control the amount of data going to a Bugster, then why should he fully revive Kiriya, who's a potential threat? Just downlod the body and enough AI/pesonality to function. Let psychology do the rest. Note how Lazer had only simple, almost robotic or childlike movements and never spoke. Masamune's favourite game is manipulation, so why shoul this be any different than how he's using a partially-complete Saki to manipulate Hiiro?
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I knew we'd get a big Ex-Aid + Brave battle in this episode, and while it wasn't decisive, I'm admittedly not expecting Emu to do anything to seriously harm Hiiro. It's simply not in his character as the all-loving hero. Though now that Hiiro has doubled-down on his evil by protecting the Bugsters, perhaps there's a chance this will actually change? Hiiro has gone too far; a heel-face turnback won't be satisfactory at this point. But perhaps it's a task for Taiga, as he's always seemed like the "enforcer" type.

Meanwhile Masamune seems to consistently be one step ahead of everyone else. I'm not convinced he knew about the reprogramming attack the Riders planned last episode, but he definitely knew something was coming and prepared for it. Similarly, he was perfectly prepared for the Bugsters to try something with Gamedeus, having his own countermeasure prepared. His whole schtick is definitely having the power to pause time, but even without that ability he seems to have everything well in hand. Which makes me wonder just what else he has planned, and just how far this plan of his goes?

Speaking of the Bugsters, I like the position they're in. They're no longer the big bads; their spotlight and their lives have been taken by a maniac. They are still incredibly powerful - both being level 99 and conceivably able to defeat all of the riders - and yet they've been relegated to a third party. Masamune seems to tolerate them as KR Chronicle content, and the Riders have bigger problems to contend with. So while they can't end the world at the moment, they are free to otherwise raise whatever hell they see fit. Though I do agree with Takenoko that their materializing into the CR seems like it should have had a bit more punch since it's never happened before. Parado has been there inside of Emu, but never have they come alone in this fashion.

The character moments were all good, BTW. Masamune isn't lying, but he's clearly having some fun screwing with Hiiro. Hiiro is about to BSOD from everything Saki related. The director is still clearly in shock that his son would betray everyone (even though he's a silly character, I like how they''re portraying it). Emu is realizing he may be forced to actually stop Hiiro due to what Hiiro has done. And Dan is having a crisis of his own now that his masterpiece has backfired so spectacularly.

And dammit Toei, stop screwing with us! Poor Lazer. Poor, poor Lazer.:(

PS I don't think I've mentioned this yet, but man am I glad to be done with the level 1 forms. Those were stupid gimmicks, so I'm very happy everything is now a full humanoid L2 form now

Edit: I almost forgot, it looks like there's a typo at 2:21: "So he's manipulating Kagami-sensei with reward?" I'm assuming a word or two there have gone missing
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray

Post by xiiliea »

ViRGE wrote:Edit: I almost forgot, it looks like there's a typo at 2:21: "So he's manipulating Kagami-sensei with reward?" I'm assuming a word or two there have gone missing
Huh, I don't think so? It was originally "remuneration" but people complained it was too repetitive so it was switched to "reward".
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

xiiliea wrote:
ViRGE wrote:Edit: I almost forgot, it looks like there's a typo at 2:21: "So he's manipulating Kagami-sensei with reward?" I'm assuming a word or two there have gone missing
Huh, I don't think so? It was originally "remuneration" but people complained it was too repetitive so it was switched to "reward".
Either way, "with reward" sounds wrong. "With a reward" or "with rewards" would make a lot more sense (at least to me).
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!

There's my boy!

Too bad his suit actor doesn't quite fill out the suit very well, and the helmet is way too large in comparison. Kitbashes never look great, and I do sympathize with Mr. Toei's wallet, but geez.

Agreeing that the brief Gamedeus' data appearance deserved more build-up and fanfare. I feel like perhaps Gamedeus should've been part of the Bugster mythology that they knew of from the beginning of their existence, and now must come to terms with him being real, the only thing that can beat Chronos, and is technically the reward for a player and not acquirable by a Bugster.
Oh well, not like this show (and franchise) isn't riddled with missed opportunities and lost potential.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

The scene where Hiiro is "reunited" with Saki really got to me for some reason. It might just be the whole uncanny valley aspect of her repeating her last words, but that scene alone pushed this episode from a 4 to a 5 for me.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Zerato wrote:The scene where Hiiro is "reunited" with Saki really got to me for some reason.
Yeah, that was near heart-wrenching for me.

Also, Kirira and Emu = Sonic and Tails.
NOMarfo
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

nanamarfo wrote:
Zerato wrote:The scene where Hiiro is "reunited" with Saki really got to me for some reason.
Yeah, that was near heart-wrenching for me.

Also, Kirira and Emu = Sonic and Tails.
Wait, why is Emu Tails?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Kiriya is a better character maybe?
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

Yea, the Gemdeus bit was pretty throw away. Basically "Oh, hey, Lazer is back and also Level 0, so now the bad guys have bugster power neutralization".
Hiiro's moments were great, and the Saki encounter does tug the heart a bit. Makes me think of Father Cornello and Rose.
I still enjoy how Masamune addresses everyone. Really lets them feel how insignificant they are to him.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Draccy wrote: I still enjoy how Masamune addresses everyone. Really lets them feel how insignificant they are to him.
Deathbed confession.

Dan: I love you, Dad.
Masamune: And I love you, Genm

And nobody ever knew if he meant his son or his corporation. :lol:

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”