KR Ex-Aid 34 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:32 am

☆☆☆☆☆
66%
☆☆☆☆
28%
☆☆☆
3%
☆☆
No votes
3%

Total votes: 29
Greenstalker
Mega

Re: KR Ex-Aid 34 released

Post by Greenstalker »

I don't think that is Kiriya if he was they would make an unmasking and Kiriya saying something sarcastic to Emu. On the other hand Kiriya might have made a deal with Chronos way back when he visited him in the jail but that is highly unlikely due to Kamen Sentai episode or at least that is what I interpret. Another thing is which game his data was saved? he didn't die because of bugster virus hence he shouldn't be in protogashats now if it was game gashat he used i would understand but well it feels like a loophole in this situation.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Masamune has been calling Dan "Dangerous Zombie" in the last couple of episodes.

I think Kiriya's data was in his Game Driver that Hiiro stole from Emu.
Zenuku5
Infinity
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Kurenai Wataru
Favorite Actor?: Koji Seto
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Let's make this showy!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Zenuku5 »

Zenuku5 wrote:Dan's revival had me groaning. I honestly wish iit had been Lazer she'd brought back...somebody get Proto Bakusou Bike and see if we can't bring him back instead! He was smarter than Dan anyways, inventing the program that became Maximum Mighty X! Dan's the Game Master, but Kiriya is the real developer!
This was a post I made back on Episode 30 when Kuroto was first revived...I swear I didn't expect them to actually do it! I was just being a smart-ass! I may be psychic!...okay that aside, MUCH as we are supposed to hate Masamune, I am loving him. As a villain he is MY sort of guy. He understands the need to both reward AND withhold a little to keep people in line and thus far has been one step ahead the whole time. He is smart and patient and unlike his son's made all the right moves as a true villain. I WISH they might have put more hints that Kuroto really is just his puppet in a sense earlier on? Like little things sprinkled or more mentions of his name. But aside from his appearance during the christsmas episode thing where Kiriya died he's been really come out of nowhere.

But I still am loving him as a villain, especially in choosing to revive, least partially, Kiriya who died to them a true hero and is bound to have a massive effect on them. I was honestly worried Kiriya COULDN'T be revived because Dan said their save data was stored in the prototype gashat of the one that killed them. But it wasn't Bakusou Bike that killed Kiriya. It was Dangerous Zombie, of which there WAS no prototype that I am aware of. Still hopefully our true hero Lazer will come back/be fully awakened somehow. And Chronos WON'T just pull off a 'I brought you back, I can return you' kill.

My one complaint is Gamedeus in his kinda of 'proto form' like we used to see the level 1's battling was KIND of a let down and felt rather anticlimactic. As did Graphite and Parado's spending it on a shot into the buckle to glitch out pause. I would have rather seen Graphite show off a bit of a temporary power up only to get curb stomped when lazer shows up nullifying the power boost rendering him vulnerable again. That was my one big complaint, aside from how weird it was that they just popped in there. Like seriously if they could just teleport in, why didn't they just do that PRE KR Chronicle arc and destroy their base of operations?

That's about all I have to say, have a nice day everyone!
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

the part of the conversation with Emu and Parado, wouldn't it made for sense of Parado saying "we'll be invincible" instead of "unrivaled" since he said it as "Muteki" like a foreshadowing of Ex-Aid's ultimate form?
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

ViRGE wrote:
nanamarfo wrote:
Yeah, that was near heart-wrenching for me.

Also, Kirira and Emu = Sonic and Tails.
Wait, why is Emu Tails?
Emu is younger, and I kinda see Kirira as an older brother figure to Emu.
NOMarfo
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas

Post by Alessar »

I've been thinking about this for quite a while and I've decided that I think Emu's actor is not good. I don't think his character is well-written at ALL and he can't do anything with it, and during this episode he straight up felt like he was phoning it in. Now every actor is different and for instance the guy who played Mage was kind of not real emotive but it was in-character and I always felt like he was in his character's head. The dude who played Gaim was straight up awesome (and could also run up walls and do somersaults in real life because the actor is that badass) and on this show the guy playing the lead is dead last. Today, Hiiro was a little wooden with all this new material that should have shown up dozens of episodes ago and he was still better. Taiga's actor showed some real subtlety and impressed me. Poppy's actor is always solid despite having to switch between playing Asuna and a cartoon character. And of course, Kiriya was the best actor on the show before so I expect that the lead is going to look even worse. (For the record I think Parado and Graphite's actors are kinda so-so as well but better than Ex-Aid's, and it's entirely possible they're better and it's just cuz they're playing shallow villains that I think that of them. But compare them to Heart's performance on Drive and they look like schoolboys playing at acting.)
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I don't think it's the acting. They don't have wooden delivery like say, Alice from Dragon Blood.

I think the character writing is just shit for Ex-Aid, Brave and Snipe. You see with the fun characters like Lazer, Parado and Dan the Man (Father and Son) that they have better characterisation and more enjoyable on screen.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

At least Emu doesn't smirk like a dumbass when he transforms. Heisei Generation is coming soon and man, what a blast from an unpleasant past.
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by nanamarfo »

takenoko wrote:At least Emu doesn't smirk like a dumbass when he transforms. Heisei Generation is coming soon and man, what a blast from an unpleasant past.
Is it good? I need something to purge the behemoth that is the Ghost Movie.
NOMarfo
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by nanamarfo »

Catastrophe wrote:I don't think it's the acting. They don't have wooden delivery like say, Alice from Dragon Blood.

I think the character writing is just shit for Ex-Aid, Brave and Snipe. You see with the fun characters like Lazer, Parado and Dan the Man (Father and Son) that they have better characterisation and more enjoyable on screen.
Nah, I think everything is fine.
NOMarfo
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo

Post by VerusMaya II »

takenoko wrote:At least Emu doesn't smirk like a dumbass when he transforms. Heisei Generation is coming soon and man, what a blast from an unpleasant past.
I liked Heisei Generations a lot, but as that's a conversation for a future thread, I'll say this about Emu's smirking: It would be infinitely more tolerable if a) the camera didn't linger so damn close and at the same angle every single time he does it, and b) they cut away faster, or didn't do the slow-mo wind blowing.

Hiiro's actor has always been incredibly wooden, but I think that was more an amateur actor trying to figure out how to play a ~cool, calm, collected~ personality type than any true lack of ability cos sometimes it does shine through (i.e. when Hiiro was concerned about Emu during his personality swap).

Taiga is good, A++. Kiriya likewise; still salty we never got to see his personality and career (coroner - death) clash with Emu's (doctor - life).
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

All in all, another good episode, although I think it could have been somewhat stronger. A lot of the parts with Hiiro were fantastic, from his conversation with Emu to his "reunion" with Saki, though other parts like the collection of Gamedeus felt really rushed. It's interesting that we now have three Riders on both CR and Chronos' sides with Lazer's addition, though I think Lazer's newest suit makes him look a bit like a kid for some reason (perhaps it's the head?). As well, I have to wonder if the writers made the concept and design of Taddle Fantasy villainous with his turning on CR in mind.

A bit of a side note, but I also noticed that Hiiro's father seems to have done virtually nothing this entire show. I'm really not sure why he's there beyond comic relief, which can easily be provided by some other characters; even Sennin from Ghost could be pretty useful.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”