KR Ex-Aid 35 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:45 am

☆☆☆☆☆
84%
☆☆☆☆
12%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
4%

Total votes: 25
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Ex-Aid 35 released

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - He's wearing black, that's how you know he's a bad guy

Last week's poll rating: 4.52 / 5 (29 votes)

What's with the weird dramatic opening this week? Did they change the opening sequence again?

Felt like a pretty good episode. Handled the drama pretty well, up to the point when Emu had to shout out.

Brave pretty much spent the episode sulking with his waifu.

Hey, that's Sazer Pisces and Ninnin dad in that toilet commercial.
Decaboyz
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Re: KR Ex-Aid 35 released

Post by Decaboyz »

Is this the first time Emu snapped so hard? He even punch Kiriya in the face untransformed. That muted conversation Kiriya spout out must be something important.....
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Is Kiriya pulling a ruse cruise? They better explain this shit and not ruin best boy.

Lazer Turbo looks less stupid with a Level 3 attached. Shame we didn't get a nice drawn out fight between him and Shin Dan.
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

Yea, the opening was odd. I was wondering if they were trying to tribute something or pay homage?
I think next episode we'll get the final opening credits. Should add in Lazer Turbo and Hyper Muteki.
It's sad I called the reprogramming not working when they first mentioned using it, but who really is surprised?
I did want Emu to rage out and pummel Kiriya, but that wouldn't have been in character.

So people don't forget, preempted next weekend due to golf. Back on the 25th.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

It's good to have Kiriya's actor back. I wish the story were better because he has mad talents.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well this episode definitely delivered on the drama. I already hate Kiriya! And Toei can go burn in special Hell for turning such a nice person evil!:p

This episode is obviously intended to be the build-up to the debut of Ex-Aid's final form. So like similar episodes, it gets to have all the fun setting up the pieces that the next episode gets to knock over (or more likely, just flip the whole table). The pacing is very tight here and I don't feel like they left a moment to waste, especially with so many parties to cover.

Between Brave two weeks ago and now Lazer Turbo, the writers are just being absolutely vicious to Emu. So I really hope this is going somewhere in terms of something happier; the drama is great, but man, it's also a bit hard to watch. KR heroes always have it tough - it's part of the hero's journey - but Emu is getting it especially bad. He deserves something nice.
Catastrophe wrote:Is Kiriya pulling a ruse cruise? They better explain this shit and not ruin best boy.
I really, really hope so. Certainly that's what the whisper implies. Then again, this episode did try to fake us out with the reprogramming. The writers clearly aren't afraid of zig-zagging our expectations and throwing in some red herrings along the way. However if it isn't a ruse, then that means Kiriya was brought back and really did become a jackass of his own volition, and that's just awful. (And, from Emu's relation, it would mean that Kiriya probably said something about doing things to Emu's mother...)

Meanwhile Masamune is leveling up nicely in his insanity. Though I am a bit surprised by how easily he's finding corporate toadies to fill his ranks. You all realize the man wants to take over the world and you with it, right? :p

Also, is anyone else confused on the Lazer Turbo gashat situation? Lazer Turbo's Gashat is a Level 0 gashat, but it's still yellow and the game screen is in color. Whereas Gemn 0's gashat and game screen were both black & white. Furthermore Lazer Turbo's character select wheel is also the "modern" style. I guess this means it's meant to be a gashat developed in modern times, but developed in an alpha fashion like Gemn's?

And hey, Kiriya and Dan are even now! Dan killed Kiriya once, and now Kiriya has returned the favor.:D That and Dan's continued Dan antics brought a smile to my face (and hey, it's the Virtual Ops glasses; haven't seen those in ages!). But I hope the fact that they're setting up Emu against Kiriya doesn't mean we're done seeing those two quarrel. It seems like they should kill each other a few more times, just to get it out of their systems...

We've also got the elephants in the room: the new gashats for both Ex-Aid and Brave. Taddle Legacy definitely looks fancy. Though I can't decide if the quasi-evil look to it is intentional or not. And where did Masamune get the ability to make high-level gashats, given that he needed Dan to finish KR Chronicle in the first place? He's a boss (in more ways than one), but he''s always been shown to be riding on other people's accomplishments, so to speak. Meanwhile Ex-Aid's Hyper Mutaki honestly looks kind of bad. So I hope it's better when it's being used...

Finally, I really liked Asuna/Poppy's dialog in this episode. She's had a focus episode not too far back, but in terms of anything she's actually done, her little speech to Parado may be her most interesting accomplishment. Let's have more of that, please!
takenoko wrote:What's with the weird dramatic opening this week? Did they change the opening sequence again?
The OP was the same. But perhaps the writers (or Toei) felt the story has gotten so intricate that it required a recap? I kind of liked it myself (especially with all 3 Doctor Riders and Asuna), but maybe not if they do it every week? Then again, as the first half of a de-facto two-parter for the final form, this could very well be a one-off thing.
Draccy wrote:I did want Emu to rage out and pummel Kiriya, but that wouldn't have been in character.
I'm a bit glad he give Kiriya a good punch. Lord knows a few of his (former) friends deserve it after everything they've done to the guy.
Draccy wrote:So people don't forget, preempted next weekend due to golf. Back on the 25th.
Oh come on! We're in the middle of a two-parter and they pick now to interrupt the series with golf?! Damn you TV-Asahi!
Last edited by ViRGE on Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Other way around. They always write it so the two parter is split up by the week they get preempted.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:Other way around. They always write it so the two parter is split up by the week they get preempted.
That doesn't really make me feel any better. I'm still so angry I could punch a coroner! :P :lol:
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

On the next episode, it's finally the Hyper Muteki and I'm having a feeling that Emu's personality will start to split again as this is the first time since Parad completely separates from him did he ever addresses himself as Genius Gamer M. On top of that, on the Summer Movie trailer, he starts announcing "Ore" again when he transforms to Hyper Muteki.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

I feel like the opening narration would have been better placed in the next episode due to the gap. that said I really enjoyed this weeks episode, mainly thanks to the writers throwing curve balls at us throughout the series so far and also i am more hyped about the final form in this series over Mugen. I do have one problem that i will spoiler tag as it's a theory atm
Spoiler
So going by the title of the summer movie, i worry that Ex-aid ends up following a Decade style where in a large part of the end game isn't in the tv show
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

5/5

Dan Masamune gives Hiiro a Taddle Legacy Gashat, while Dan Kuroto created Hyper Muteki Gashat

MAN!!! Kiriya is such a liar even he revives.

BTW, Kiriya whispers Emu what did he tell him?
(maybe he reprogrammed)

*TABLE FLIP* HIIRO, YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. IF YOU DON'T GO BACK TO CR, EMU WILL KILL YOU!!!
Spoiler
EVEN IF YOU HAVE A LVL. 100 GASHAT!!!

Next Episode

GOLF STRIKES AGAIN, THIS IS ALSO DECADE'S FAULT!!! ONORE DECADE!!! soushite ONORE TAURUS ZODIARTS!!!

On June 25, 2017
Spoiler
Ex-Aid's Final Form Arrives, maybe his name is Ex-Aid Muteki Gamer (Gashat name is too obvious so don't blame me OK)
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

I'm thinking whatever Kiriya whispered is going to justify his actions but I'd really like it if he just said something to piss Emu off and let him know that he's not on his side any longer.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

Eternal_Winterbane wrote:
Spoiler
So going by the title of the summer movie, i worry that Ex-aid ends up following a Decade style where in a large part of the end game isn't in the tv show
Spoiler
I'm guessing it's gonna end up being more along the lines of Ryuki Episode Final
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

This golf thingy strikes too during Gaim.
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Good episode, but I want to see
Spoiler
Kamen Rider Super Sonic
over golf! The Tour de France doesn't start for a while either.

Also, that wispering scene reminded of the start of the KH2 Final Mix fight with Marluxa.
Zerato wrote:
Eternal_Winterbane wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler
I'm guessing it's gonna end up being more along the lines of Ryuki Episode Final
Spoiler
From what we know, more Episode Final. Kinda of like Video Games having multiple endings.
NOMarfo

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”