KR Ex-Aid 36 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:22 am

☆☆☆☆☆
75%
☆☆☆☆
19%
☆☆☆
3%
☆☆
3%
No votes

Total votes: 36
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Re: KR Ex-Aid 36 released

Post by Fat D »

I doubt anyone did not see the meaning of Kiriya's whisper coming.

As for Hyper Muteki:
Who-HOOO-hohohohoHOooo. WohoHOho-HOho-HOOOOO. (to the tune of Savior in the Dark)

Anyone else missing a blog post on the front page?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>Anyone else missing a blog post on the front page?

Oh, no one told me. I keep telling the staff that I need that reminder. Especially if it happens while I'm asleep, I'm not going to notice that it's out.
Markv263999
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by Markv263999 »

I trying to download but it doesnt have peers, the previous ep and the Specter movie doesnt have peers too
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

So I just realized something else about this episode that's probably been bugging me on a subconscious level: they didn't even get the whole cast together for the Hyper Muteki fight.

That whole scene was composed of (at least) 3 different shoots.

1) Emu, Kiriya, and Parado
2) Taiga, Dan, Nico, Kiriya, and the suit actors
3) Poppy, whose scenes weren't even filmed at the same location (which is why she is by herself the entire time, and it's always up-close reaction shots)

They must have been busy with the movie or something. Because otherwise, the final form fight usually has everyone together for filming.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

I just noticed something about the episode that I felt was pretty neat. Unless I'm forgetting someone, Cronus is the first villain/monster to survive the debut of the main rider's final form.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Markv263999 wrote:I trying to download but it doesnt have peers, the previous ep and the Specter movie doesnt have peers too
There were some torrent issues going on a day or two ago. Has it been resolved?
Markv263999
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by Markv263999 »

NO, at least for me..
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Maybe you should try removing the torrent from the client and then redownload the torrent again. The tracker is working.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele

Post by Ashki »

I find it funny that I'm the only one who seemed to love the duel - and for the very reasons everyone else hated it!

Ultimate form debuts are notoriously flashy and OP to the point of absurdity. The first battle is usually one that sets up the form for ultimate failure, as from the very next battle onward, that form is suddenly nerfed until it's no better than the forms before it and the hero constantly faces near-defeat. But I feel how they did it this time was the perfect balance. Yes, the battle was short, but they portrayed Mugen as a hyper-speed tank that got its hits in so fast that no counter-attack would work. I kind of like the Sonic comparison for that reason. A hyper mode should include the fact that the char has such high agility that they simply dodge all attacks, and the fact that Mugen can phase made a lot of sense since he had the abilities of a Bugster.

Hyper went in, beat the crap out of Chronos, and the hits were so fast it took a moment for the game to register the damage. That delay is what really killed it for me, because it reminds me of what happens when the framerate in a game drops and then tries to catch up again.

More importantly, we have a viable excuse for Mugen being nerfed after this fight. Parado separated from Emu again, although emu's retained M's powers. On his own, Mugen will be stronger than Level 99, but without Parado, it can't achieve its full potential. It's also likely Mugen won't be able to phase without Parado's direct assistance. So basically, the writers have managed to avoid the one fatal flaw of every ultimate form from the Heisei era with one tiny detail.

Another thing that I like about the battle and form is that Mugen reminds me of a Predator. The dreads are the biggest connection, but the way he pommels Chronos reminds me of a true warrior, compared to his more clumsy L99 attacks. The shining gold makes me feel like this form is either Gamedeus or was based on Gamedeus (whom Dan admitted was never completed). This makes me think that MNasamune will use Mugen as inspiration for a final upgrade or that Gamedeus will be a Bugster that sees Mugen as an imposter.

At any rate, the episode was next to perfect, and even the predictable bits were handled in an enteertaining way that gave a few unesxpected twists. Parado's obvious aappreciation at being duped forthe sake of power means the rivalry between him and Emu should become even more interesting as we approach the series climax.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I really like the Hyper Muteki form; it looks like a Kamen Rider form, whereas all his other forms were rather atypical for the series (although the title of Campiest Ex-Aid Form would still go to its predecessor). I like the idea of Chronicle increasing its fanbase by convincing other players to try and save people they know, but the plotline of players joining to save someone is starting to feel a little repetitive. Speaking of which, the show seems pretty resolute not to give any of the ride players Game Overs after the first episode, even though they can be brought back later.

Not sure why Emu had found it necessary to trick Parado, who I'd thought would've been on board with the idea without any trickery. Maybe it was to get Parado not to use Hyper Muteki for himself? Other than those notes, though, I liked the episode. It's good to have Lazer back, and I also like Taddle Legacy's inability to be used when the user is indecisive (although I have a feeling how that arc is going to end).
Spoiler
Hope Taiga's alright, mostly because it'd stink if they gave that away in the trailer.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

キタ━━━━━━(゚(゚∀(゚∀゚(゚∀゚)゚∀゚)∀゚)゚)━━━━━━!!!

KIRIYA BEST BOY
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Humor me for a while but from the start e-aid looks more of a megaman/sonic hybrid to me rather than a super mario brother reference despite all the stages and abilities more mario like. So we have might action x which is base sonic with allt he big eyes and chibi look and such. The level 2 look is more of a modern sonic transformation or lets say level 1 is megaman and level 2 is megaman x with allt he look and such. Than comes might brothers xx for snoic this might be sonic and shadow it also quiet fits the theme of mighty brothers as we know them. For megaman i guess you can say second one is zero from megaman x but lets not move that spot for a while. Than comes maximum mighty x this is hard to fit into sonic but i guess i will say it is more like werehog form of sonic it is easier for megaman x since there were walker armors in megaman x exactly look like the maximum form. And now muteki form it is so similar to super sonic mode it hurts eyes :P for megaman again there is no direct comparison but i guess it can be related to ultimate armor of megaman x.
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

I wasn't a fan of the fight between Muteki and Cronos, but I did like the finisher.
Like with Kachidoki into Kiwami, I like Maximum into Muteki; but of course this was more Saint Seiya-ish than a cast off like Kabuto.
Also good to have another gold form; since Decade we've had three White/Silver finals (of course before Decade there was a lot of red, lol).
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Mxylv wrote:
Spoiler
Hope Taiga's alright, mostly because it'd stink if they gave that away in the trailer.
Spoiler
He ain't dead.
NOMarfo
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Shouldn't we all be happy that Emu didn't need to die to get the final form?
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”