KR Ex-Aid 37 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:33 am

☆☆☆☆☆
59%
☆☆☆☆
30%
☆☆☆
4%
☆☆
4%
4%

Total votes: 27
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Ex-Aid 37 released

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Taiga dies

Last week's poll rating: 4.66 / 5 (35 votes)

What was the point of that episode?

It's like nothing made sense. Yeah, Ex-Aid, if you beat your enemy Chronos, you'll win. You don't need a plot motivation like "If we beat him, and get his master key gashit" to tell you what to do. Also, when they all left, I thought they were going to sneakily steal it from him. But they just walk up to him and demand a battle.

Hiiro, you've gained the power of Conviction, but you really haven't. You beat Graphite and Escape, and then purposefully turn around and let them escape. Real men of conviction follow through with what they're doing, that's the whole point of that definition! Also, white Brave is boring. I'm not even sure I know what the difference is besides the color.

Episode fails to be dramatic, funny, sensible, or even a good action piece. Just give Hiiro's dad more time to act as filler, because that's what people want :p

It's the mid 30 doldrums. Filler and bad set up isn't going to keep people paying attention. Also, you can't pretend to kill off Taiga after bringing back the guy you killed early on. That trick doesn't work again.

2/5
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Re: KR Ex-Aid 37 released

Post by njb »

Front page post missing...
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Thread usually goes public a while before there is a front page post up.

Taddle Legacy looks kind of bland. Just a white repaint of Fantasy.

I think the mistake of making Ex-Aid invincible means they need an excuse as to why he can't beat Cronut every time.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave

Post by njb »

Alt title: Taddle Tragedy

The plot is starting to go downhill, oh dear

Some observations:
1. Where does the Maximum Mighty shell go when Emu becomes Muteki?
2. I found it interesting that Masamune now refers to Emu as "Ex-Aid", since he refuses to recognize Hyper Muteki.
3. They have no more budget for a new Brave upgrade hahaha
Last edited by njb on Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Watching:
- KR Saber
Finished:
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Ok Brave gets a level 100 form, what does Taddle Legacy have that its predecessors don't have?
Hyper Muteki: Too damn broken, I know it's suppose to be a reference to the invincibility star from Super Mario, Super Sonic from Sonic, and by the "dreadlocks" Super Saiyan 3 but even they have a downside to using it, everyone not Ex-Aid gets 10 seconds fine, Ex-Aid gets no limit, something must happen to make Cronus become a threat again, unless Graphite becomes Gemdeus for some reason
Taiga dies right? Well you bring Lazer back from the dead so death does not have any weight here
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The way the Legacy gashat looks with the wires sticking out and shit, I expected it to have some negative drawback like Ryugens Yomi fruit or something.
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

Spoiler
Taddle Legacy would have looked better if it was the full suit from CSHT.

Man, you'd think that Taiga and Hiiro would realize that defeating Parad would end Emu's ability to transform in their only hope of defeating Cronus.
Taiga beaten within an inch of his life to force Hiiro back to the good guys, woo.
Wonder what would have happened if Emu told Hiiro about Saki's father?
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

White recolours for powerups are actually pretty common in Jaapanese media. For example, the repaint of Gigatron in Beast Wars II that turned a purple dragon into the yogurt covered raison that was Devil Gigatron. Also, it was pretty obvious that Hiiro's failure to destroy his enemies was because of his resolve being shaken by Taiga's little speech and refusal to quit.

If Taiga dies, he can't come back. He was out of henshin when the final blows were struck, so there won't be a game over and no saved data to retrieve later. He'll literally die.

Something else that is obvious but seems to be missed is the fact that Graphite is infected. While this is a new phenomenon from what we're used to (humans being infected), it would be safe to believe his death could mean Gamedeus gains a complete body, based upon what we know of Bugster infections.

I know it seems like this was a filler ep, but I also caught a lot of little threads coming together that hint at how all of this will end. And it's nice that they're drawing out Hiiro's arc instead of the usual one-eisode-resolve crap. Next episode should not only wrap up this subplot, but also possibly set up the end of the 5-year arc.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Of the cover page for this episode's release, with Sony's product placement of their VR headset in True Ending, guess it'll remain a dream.

As for the episode itself, not strong enough. I do feel for Taiga after all this though.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
DevGryphon
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: SKYRIM!!
Quote: Define normal...
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by DevGryphon »

njb wrote:Where does the Maximum Mighty shell go when Emu becomes Muteki?
I see two things that could possibly happen to it...
1 - It turns into the shooting stars that make up Muteki's armor
2 - It walks away and sulks in a corner until the battle is over...
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking. If you cheat, may you cheat death; if you steal, may you steal a woman's heart; if you fight, may you fight for a brother; if you drink, may you drink with me.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Dear Toei: I still want the super special OP battle that one should get with a final form, especially when Ex-Aid is now invincible. Gimme! (Though for plot reasons, I get why Chronos is still around, even if it hopefully won't be for much longer)

I enjoyed that episode. Even though there was plenty of fighting, it was more character focused than past episodes, which itself a nice break after the run-up to Hyper Muteki.

Right now the show is giving the bulk of the focus to Hiiro and Taiga and letting Emu step back, which is something it has needed to do for a while now. I wouldn't consider either character underdeveloped (for supporting Riders, at any rate), but they've been due to have their plot threads moved forward for a while now. And given their significant shared history, this is a good way to do it. Both of them bear the scars of the past, and neither has been or can be whole again until they make peace with it. And that, in turn, is something they can't do without each other, since the past they need to make peace with is strongly bound with both of them.

For Hiiro, this means he needs to get over feeling guilty for the loss of Saki. As her incredibly convenient father noted, he's still struggling with that even 5 years later. Meanwhile Emu's not wrong that his desire to correct his mistakes with Saki drives Hiiro forward, but I don't believe guilt and drive are mutually bound. He can get over the guilt and have a more healthy mental state, while still being driven. That said, we'll see if Toei lets Saki stay dead, or if they do resurrect her. Par for Kamen Rider is to save all the humans/innocents, however if Toei wants to twist the knife, they can have Saki permanently lost and everyone else saved, since Masamune has her data but no one else's.

As for Taiga, it's ironic that he's even more stuck in the past than Hiiro, though for different reasons. He still needs to avenge his loss to Graphite - to make up for letting Saki die. However in doing so, he hasn't really embraced a reason to live in the present. That obviously is going to be Nico, and that's not a bad thing. His plot has been going this direction for a while now, and it's the natural conclusion to his initial start as a lone wolf trying to save the world on his own.

And no, he's clearly not going to die. As everyone else has noted, no one is going to believe that after they just resurrected Kiriya. However he's clearly not okay, and this episode serves to setup a two-parter (if not a whole arc) to deal with that. Even without dying, there are going to be ramifications.

Meanwhile, I liked Masamune's plan to deal with Ex-Aid. He can't take on Ex-Aid directly, and even Taddle Legacy can't do that. Never mind the obvious issues with having Dr. Hiiro kill someone. But taking out Parado to cure Emu is a rather clever solution to the problem, and also gives Hiiro a stake in all of this. Though I guess I'm left to wonder why Masamune doesn't do it himself as Chronos...

Speaking of relations, any usage of Dan was noticeably minimized. He needs to settle the score with his father, if only for his pride as Gamemaster. Though dishing up retribution for all of Masamune's scheming is not uncalled for. The one problem here is that he's not powerful enough to do that.

Getting back to the fights for a second, I thought the makeup of the fight against Chronos was interesting. Now that Lazer is back, of course he's going with Emu. However doing a trio of Ex-Aid, Lazer, and Poppy is not what I'd expect. Given that these characters are taking a back seat for this arc, it has a neat little B-team vibe to it. And it's a notable departure from Ex-Aid fighting alone or with the other Doctors.

Random observations
  • The little clip explaining the show is gone this week. I guess that was just for the Hyper Muteki two-parter?
  • The OP has been very slightly revised this week. I'm actually a bit surprised there wasn't more done. Hypey Muteki has been added over MMX and Bad Kiriya has been swapped out for Good Kiriya, but that's it. They didn't even add Kiriya back to the "walking doctors" in the background.
  • Hyper Muteki is still as ugly as sin
Catastrophe wrote:Taddle Legacy looks kind of bland. Just a white repaint of Fantasy.
I can appreciate the contrast with Taddle Fantasy. Whereas the former was an "evil" power, Legacy is a "good" power, so the palette swap makes sense. Still, there's no denying it was a cheap redeco rather than another new suit and design, with the evil/good aspect used to justify it in the plot after the fact.
njb wrote:2. I found it interesting that Masamune now refers to Emu as "Ex-Aid", since he refuses to recognize Hyper Muteki.
Hmm, good call. Did he ever refer to Emu as Maximum Mighty X before? I feel like I've seen Ex-Aid a fair bit now, whereas I can't specifically recall MMX.
Catastrophe wrote:The way the Legacy gashat looks with the wires sticking out and shit, I expected it to have some negative drawback like Ryugens Yomi fruit or something.
It may yet still have it. But I think it's more to represent that this is a hacked-up Gashat. Masamune is a manipulator, not a creator. He doesn't have the ability to create new Gashats like Dan does. So the best he can do is take Dan's work and tweak it slightly. Hence the hacked-up look of the Gashat.
takenoko wrote:Just give Hiiro's dad more time to act as filler, because that's what people want :p
See, I thought this was a rather good use of him, for once. We've known that he was close to Saki as well, and meanwhile his son is AWOL, having gone to the dark side. So he has some things of his own to deal with as a consequence of the current situation. (Now he needs to give his son an ass-whooping for walking out on the job...)
DevGryphon wrote:
njb wrote:Where does the Maximum Mighty shell go when Emu becomes Muteki?
I see two things that could possibly happen to it...
1 - It turns into the shooting stars that make up Muteki's armor
2 - It walks away and sulks in a corner until the battle is over...
I vote #2. :lol:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>See, I thought this was a rather good use of him, for once.

It's like having a plot give you plot reminders. It's hard to concentrate when they're talking in their clown voice, and you don't take him seriously because that's not what he's good at. He's been in plot related stuff before, like getting caught playing the game to save Saki and whatnot. But the guy's never serious or dramatic, and his presence removes any attempt for that tone by just being around. The smartest thing they did for the series was having him gone for several episodes while they gave their drama/story department a level up.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave

Post by njb »

ViRGE wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:The way the Legacy gashat looks with the wires sticking out and shit, I expected it to have some negative drawback like Ryugens Yomi fruit or something.
It may yet still have it. But I think it's more to represent that this is a hacked-up Gashat. Masamune is a manipulator, not a creator. He doesn't have the ability to create new Gashats like Dan does. So the best he can do is take Dan's work and tweak it slightly. Hence the hacked-up look of the Gashat.
In-show maybe Masamune overclocked the Gashat to make it Lvl 100, causing the plastic to burn :P
Watching:
- KR Saber
Finished:
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

ViRGE wrote:Meanwhile, I liked Masamune's plan to deal with Ex-Aid. He can't take on Ex-Aid directly, and even Taddle Legacy can't do that. Never mind the obvious issues with having Dr. Hiiro kill someone. But taking out Parado to cure Emu is a rather clever solution to the problem, and also gives Hiiro a stake in all of this. Though I guess I'm left to wonder why Masamune doesn't do it himself as Chronos...
Catastrophe wrote:Taddle Legacy looks kind of bland. Just a white repaint of Fantasy.
I can appreciate the contrast with Taddle Fantasy. Whereas the former was an "evil" power, Legacy is a "good" power, so the palette swap makes sense. Still, there's no denying it was a cheap redeco rather than another new suit and design, with the evil/good aspect used to justify it in the plot after the fact.
I think Chronos isn't going to try to kill Parado because he would get infected again with Gamedeus via Graphite since he doesn't have his own Level 0 to counter it.

Legacy is a combination of good and evil. It should have both black and white to represent both aspects. Taddle Quest was the pure good aspect.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Phoenix512 wrote:I think Chronos isn't going to try to kill Parado because he would get infected again with Gamedeus via Graphite since he doesn't have his own Level 0 to counter it.

Legacy is a combination of good and evil. It should have both black and white to represent both aspects. Taddle Quest was the pure good aspect.
Both good points. It hadn't occurred to me until now that Chronos has no way to counter Gamedeus. So Graphite is a real threat to him if he doesn't see him coming.:o

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”