KR Ex-Aid 38 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:10 am

☆☆☆☆☆
48%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
10%
☆☆
3%
10%

Total votes: 31
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Ex-Aid 38 released

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Taiga dies again

Last week's poll rating: 4.38 / 5 (24 votes)

That was awful. It basically did everything wrong.

It was predictable, thus, it had no dramatic tension. We never see Hiiro actually tempted to sacrifice Taiga to save Saki's life. I don't know if it's a limitation of the actor's ability or what.

It's like George Lucas' idea of drama. "We'll put rain to let people know it's sad. We'll add dramatic music to let people know that it's dramatic. We'll CGI a tear because Hiiro's actor can't emote." It's super shallow. The writing and acting in this episode was balls. After Saki dies, we see Emu basically smiling like an idiot before going back to CR. What???

What the fuck are these weird alien characters? None of them act like believable humans with emotions. "Well, Hiiro's girlfriend is dead for real this time. Let's all pretend that didn't happen." Are you seriously going to fridge Hiiro's girlfriend like that?

Everyone's still an idiot. No one tries to use any cunning or take Chronos by surprise. They basically walk up to him, announce they're going to fight, and then they fight.

This is especially stupid when Hiiro basically tells Chronos to go ahead and delete his girlfriend, then stands by and watches him do it. Fuck this storyline. Way to piss away all the good will you've built in the last 20 episodes. There wasn't a single good thing about this episode. I'd give it 0 stars out of 5 if possible.
DevGryphon
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: SKYRIM!!
Quote: Define normal...
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: KR Ex-Aid 38 released

Post by DevGryphon »

DevGryphon wrote:I see two things that could possibly happen to it...
1 - It turns into the shooting stars that make up Muteki's armor
2 - It walks away and sulks in a corner until the battle is over...
Hey, I was right! Maximum Mighty DOES turn into Muteki's armor.

EDIT: Still want to see fanart of the second option though
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking. If you cheat, may you cheat death; if you steal, may you steal a woman's heart; if you fight, may you fight for a brother; if you drink, may you drink with me.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Become like a shooting star~
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Good job, P-Bandai, you're refurbishing unsold Kamen Rider OOO Medal holder books for Chronos' own modded book and a set of game powerups. You can piss me off even more by announcing Figuarts Blind Amazon Alpha, complete with 2 or 3 small models of Amazon hearts.

As for this episode, too standard. Why not add a beer session with Hiiro and Emu?
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

What is the word in Japanese when Hiiro requests a scalpel?

Sounds to me like he is asking for a "mes", which either means the two words just happen to resemble one another in Japanese and Dutch or for some weird reason they actually thought they needed a loanword for knife...
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

farewell Saki, you were nothing more than a plot device

Someone should take Hiro out to find someone new now
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Decaboyz
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Post by Decaboyz »

Shin Dan Kuroto and Kujou Kiriya actually worked together for the first time.... Just to give away 24 of his continues lol... Glad to see both Taiga and Hiro move on instead of clinging to their pasts. Shame that we still need to deal with Cronos later despite they almost obliterated him this week. Come on Muteki... Don't you got other gimmicks than just kick n slash? Final form is getting dull lately...
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Barim wrote:What is the word in Japanese when Hiiro requests a scalpel?

Sounds to me like he is asking for a "mes", which either means the two words just happen to resemble one another in Japanese and Dutch or for some weird reason they actually thought they needed a loanword for knife...
'Mesu' in the Japanese is supposedly derived from the Dutch 'Mes'. There are a number of words that were adapted from Dutch into Japanese (in a romanised form) from when the Dutch East Indian trading company traded with Japan. I think it's more notable because most other Dutch words that were romanised sound similar enough to English that it isn't as obvious when romanised what the origin of them was.

Now to the episode. I kind of felt it was the obvious conclusion. Hiro knows Saki wants him to be the best doctor and in a sense he already should have come to terms with her death so it's not like much changed.

Again, they fuck up the with fight in this episode. It's supposed to be some epic turning point for Hiro and Cronut has done something horrendous, and the transform, cut to commercial and when we get back they do the double rider kick. Kills the hype and kind of ruins the moment. Also, with Ex-Aid being super overpowered, they better not keep using this 'Cronut gets knocked out of his transformation but shoots the ground and gets away' bullshit.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Kinda sucks how everyone was just willing to toss aside Saki for Taiga. I get how only Hiiro knows Saki while everyone is acquainted with Taiga but fuuuck at least some acknowledgment from the other of the hell he just had to go through would be nice.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, and it's just gross how they did it. Revived Kiriya is a person. Saki is like a puppet, she's never portrayed as a human being. It's like Toei both wants "We don't want people to think she's a person or they'd miss her" and "People should probably feel something when Hiiro chooses to sacrifice her".

Ugh. It was just so clumsy.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

I guess i'm in the minority here as i actually enjoyed this episode, I mean i can understand the complaints, but it was nice to see some you know Doctor stuff going on, Hiiro having some doubt on if he should save Taiga or not as shown imo by the dropping of the medical tool which i didn't mind as you don't need vocal explanation of the doubt. Chronos is sadly becoming the stereotypical crazed villain and i'm concerned that next week they will forget that the virus is blocking the pause power and they will use it. But the thought i had when watching this episode was why didn't they start with the power-up case for a few episodes at the start and not constantly ram that particular power down our throats.

All in all it's nice to see the main group is back to full numbers, however i have a concern regarding the preview and the cast for the film, but i'm hoping they are just trolling us with the preview as i want the film to be canon and not a alt universe as per normal
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

10/5

Welcome Back to CR Hiiro, your wish has been fulfilled

Remember what Saki's last words before she disappeared, "Become the best doctor in the world".
He must not carry the burden of her death, and Hiiro made a good decision.

I love the tag team of Ex-Aid and Brave TBH :D
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

I liked this episode, of course it was really predictable, but they did a good job with a predictabl scene.
the sunrising scene was beautifully made. And let's not forget it's a kids show, so kids are not really that experienced with cliche scenes.
Zenuku5
Infinity
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Kurenai Wataru
Favorite Actor?: Koji Seto
Quote: Let's make this showy!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Zenuku5 »

I liked this one. It was predictable, yes, but I was no less pleased personally to watch Hero find his true resolve as 'The greatest doctor' again. I loved watching it with Taddle Fantasy, and loved it again with Taddle Legacy however different the tone this time. The team is back together! Though I seriously expected Taddle Legacy to fix itself after that over the top CG rainbow powered tear as a show that Hiiro had finally found his resolve again to fulfill his girlfriend's wish rather than try to bring her back at the expense of such.

Masamune definitely seems to be losing it, and I kinda liked the reveal of him deciding to take command of the power-ups. Let's not forget HALF of Perfect Knock-Out's powers come from Perfect Puzzle whose power lay in commanding power-ups into combos at a whim. But beyond him making that petty/brilliant move, Masamune REALLY is just plain losing it. He's lost his only 'employee' in Hiiro now, with all of CR and both Bugster's after him. Dude is alone in a whole new way and already played pretty much his whole hand, i feel. Kinda curious to see what happens next with his defeat as it's clear Gamedeus is coming given Graphite is clearly ready to erupt.

And as a mild speculative note that is generally worthless beyond speculation...have a bad feeling that Taddle Legacy (the game) ends with our hero who had given everything to master the powers of the hero and the dark lord arriving only to find his 'princess' already long gone...just had to get that thought out.
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

Congratulations! You have invented a new kind of stupid. A damage-you-can-never-undo kind of stupid. An open-all-cages-in-the-zoo kind of stupid. Truly you didn't think this through - kind of stupid.
Let's review: You defended Dan Masamune when CR had what looked like a once-in-a-lifetime chance at defeating him. Sure, he had the means to revive your girlfriend, but they could have taken those means from him if you had not intervened, and they were more trustworthy than Masamune ever was. Now this time, you waste a perfectly good opportunity to prevent Saki's deletion by coming to terms with her deletion. Have you learned nothing from Kuroto wasting his ten-second invincibility on gloating?

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”