KR Ex-Aid 40 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:10 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
43%
☆☆☆☆
27%
☆☆☆
17%
☆☆
3%
10%

Total votes: 30
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Ex-Aid 40 released

Post by Alessar »

Well, there were a few moments of good acting. The episode was ok until the end.
envedges
Infinity

Post by envedges »

Chronos Bites The Dust (In both the losing meaning and the obvious time reference activity from a certain manga character that looks David Bowie.)
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Given that Chronos is supposed to represent a video game player, it makes sense that he would have the power of reset. As a video game player, you can pause the game while playing, can save your process, and can reset the game if you don't like how something went down. Any video game player has pressed the reset button when something went wrong and Chronos did just that. I would be curious how he managed to get rid of Hyper Muteki. Also I doubt recreating Hyper Muteki will solve Chronos's reset power.

I can understand why people hate this but at the same time, it fits within the story. Chronos is the video game player, the Riders are the video game characters, and the Bugsters are the video game enemies.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well, that was a wham ending if there ever was one.:o

I sure hope the writers know what they're doing. The show has been good so far, but the Hyper Muteki gashat has really turned things on their heads. The hero is outright invincible, and it's being treated as the McGuffin to end all McGuffins. So besides Masamune apparently being able to reset the whole world, there had best be a good explanation as why it's so valuable and why it went missing after the reset.

Anyhow, I liked the episode. And while we saw Parado's "resurrection" coming a mile away, it doesn't change the fact that it took Ex-Aid killing him to change his ways. However I agree that it took up a bit too much of the episode; it got drawn out longer than it should have.

Meanwhile, Masamune singing about restarting at the beginning of the episode turned out to be incredibly prophetic. Also, Masamune singing?!

I have to admit watching Nico suffer in the CR is a bit hard to watch. She's perhaps a bit too good at writhing in agony...

But more importantly, we finally got the curbstomp battle that we've been in need of for the last 5 episodes! It was still a bit shorter than I would like, and fewer explosions since they were in the middle of the city, but otherwise it did not disappoint. WIre-fu, time freezing, and best of all, we finally got to see Perfect Puzzle Paradox bust a move and negate Masamune's power-up shenanigans! :D (Actually, now that I think about it, Parado hasn't used his level 50 forms since getting 99. I wonder if he even can use them when not splitting himself, since he was reprogrammed?)
Phoenix512 wrote:I can understand why people hate this but at the same time, it fits within the story. Chronos is the video game player, the Riders are the video game characters, and the Bugsters are the video game enemies.
I think the issue is not that he can reset. It's that he could do so after the source of his power was destroyed. Even if he has a raging Bugster infection going on - it looks like he's suffering a similar fate as Emu - it doesn't explain how he can do anything without a gashat.
KemonoSoldierSunstar
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Miu Kazashiro
Favorite Actor?: Sota Fukushi
Favorite Band: Kishidan
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Samurai Troopers
Quote: Go down to the... SUGAR SHACK... and get a bread... BUT NOT TOO BIG--

JonTron

Post by KemonoSoldierSunstar »

Aaaaaaand it finally happened. An episode I goddamn HATE.

FUCK this episode. That is the biggest goddamn copout deus ex machina bullshit way of keeping Chronos in the game (so to speak), resetting AFTER HIS SOURCE OF POWER WAS GONE and cosmic-aborting the Hyper Muteki gashat.

Mr. Writer, I simply quote George Takei here... YOU. ARE MADE. OF STUPID.
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by windfall »

These characters are all far too patient when it comes to transforming. Please stop just standing there and watching. The gashats offer nothing in terms of protection, so run up to them and grab it. Better yet, just shoot them from afar.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

I happened to love this episode for the very reasons most hated it. I feel Masamune's reset was pretty well explained in the episode, and that his action will have consequences for him. Keep in mind, jamming the reet button/switch on older systems (such as the Super FamiCom and Sega Master System this series pays homage to) could cause corruption in either the gae's memory chip or, in the case of the FamiCom, make you pull the cart and blow it to ake the game work properly again. They were very careful to show his DNA being altered right before the reset, which suggest his own infection is taking over. I have a feeling he won't be around much longer simply because his Bugster is now almost whole. In simplest terms, the reset likely signed Masamune's death warrant.

As for the Hyper Muteki beinggone, I don't think the reset necessarily erased it. Because of how that gashat was designed, it may actually be connected to Chronos, thus the reset either made it teleport or vanish because the Chronos gashat had been destroyed and rebuilt.

Oh, and in case nobody's caught on yet, Masamune's name is a play on Gorō Masamune, the most famous swordsmith in Japanese history. Since Masamune considers himself to be the greatest game creator of all time and his games are effectively weapons that can protect or kill, it's a very fitting reference. It is said that Masamune could forge magical blades of unbelievable strength and power. Some legends even claim he made swords that could allow a warrior to defeat entire armies. Conidering Chronos's abilities, the link is even more fitting.

On a similar note, Dan's name can be connected to games, ust as his father's canbe connected to creating weapons. Go is a major sport in Japan, and exists in several other countries. Entire books have been written on the philosophies that this game provides regaarding life and the universe. Amateur rankings go from 30 kyu up to 1 kyu, and Japanese rules leave a narrow age window to become recognised as a professional. Professional rankings begin at 1 dan and go up to 9 dan with several titles that can be won from elite 9 dan competitions. Our Dan considers himself the gamemaster, the best of the best. He's always trying to place his foes into atari (i.e. threatening to captue one or more pieces, causing what are known as "life and death problems"), and he often becomes confused when they escape. He is also willing to sacrifice pieces in order to capture the board.

I'm not saying these two name were originally meant to represent these things, but the way both characters have developed make the associations almost impossible to ignore.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
ThePowerman80
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Quote: I can't stand the Lazy or Bullshit.

Post by ThePowerman80 »

Bullshit is all this episode First They're trying to pull a redemption for parado, but it doesn't work sense coming end so late the damn series and and thanks to Emu actions we three riders losing their rider belts Thanks a fucking lot emu( genius gamer my ass). Second now that parado is on their side that means he's forgiving for the action he done and everything is fine; can't believe the writers are treating their audience like brain dead zombies. Lastly, Chronos now for have the abilitly to deus ex machina himself so his gashat is restored and now emu is without his win button. Wow just when you thought kamen rider can't get any lower it just keep surprising you more and more. Just get cancelled already series.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo

Post by VerusMaya II »

takenoko wrote: I don't really see it. Mostly because in Japanese it'd be split into E-mu.
E = mu²

I like Parado and I'm glad he got redeemed, even if it wasn't the best writing. I feel like the line of him being the protagonist of Rider Chronicle is way more interesting in its potential than like, whatever they brushed it off as (Emu's influence?).
I did appreciate Poppy going "let's just play games ;v;" though.

Confused by the implications of Reset. Everything is the same except the Muteki Gashat was never made, it seems? Does this include Kuroto's memory of the code? His presumable saved file of it on his laptop? His ability to think of it again from the start? They clearly remember it existed, so... just make it again, dude. As far as I know there was nothing like "this can only be done once!" about it.
Masamune has some Bugster stuff in him, too, I guess. Is it Gamedeus himself, hence the manifestation next episode? Not sure how that'd explain Graphite and Parado encountering Babydeus earlier on, or Graphite's Gamedeus Virus affecting Masamune's Driver. But whatever.

I kinda wonder if the writer figured they needed an invincibility power-up, as we're dealing with a game theme, but it's too overpowered in the narrative so they had to write their way out of it. What's stronger than invincibility? Time travel / history rewriting, apparently!
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
KemonoSoldierSunstar
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Miu Kazashiro
Favorite Actor?: Sota Fukushi
Favorite Band: Kishidan
My boom: Samurai Troopers
Quote: Go down to the... SUGAR SHACK... and get a bread... BUT NOT TOO BIG--

JonTron

Post by KemonoSoldierSunstar »

The worst part is you just KNOW they're gonna find some way to bring the HM gashat back and neutralize Reset. Calling it now.
Farr
7X
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana

Post by Farr »

Evangeline wrote: wow, I never know that Muteki's hair can be used for attack
That was probably the Highlight of the Episode xD

Yeah don't think there is much else to say, it wasn't a terrible Episode, but a tad to much of Emu just standing there doing nothing.

Bit surprised that Snipe actually did go out on the Battlefield again already, would imagine he was out of the Game after having a Heart Surgery which should still be healing.

Still feels a bit like they dropped/swapped out the Initial Arc that the Operation 16 years prior had something to do with the Bugster-Infection, cause now we know that Emu played Games way before, since he wrote Kuroto the Fanletter which resulted in his Infection due to the Bugstered Gamecopy, and just after that he had the Accident. So apart from his "saving the Smiles" and becoming a Doctor there's not much left to it.
Which still is okeyish, but considering just for that Conclusion the Focus on it was a bit heavy, but that's probably why it feels swapped out anyways.

And well it's definetly not the best Rider Series, but at least more watchable than the last few SS... I hope they can get it to an High end, if not, just ask Murasame to reset the Final Arc :P

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”