KR Ex-Aid 40 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:10 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
43%
☆☆☆☆
27%
☆☆☆
17%
☆☆
3%
10%

Total votes: 30
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Ex-Aid 40 released

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Parado probably lives

Last week's poll rating: 4.44 / 5 (27 votes)

Second alt title: Emu? More like emo, am I right?

I get it, it's a Parado redemption arc. But it didn't work for me. As an internal struggle, I didn't ever really feel like I understood what Parado was going through. Meanwhile, Emu stands on a roof and decides to teach Parado a lesson instead of fighting Chronos. All the while, he lets his coworkers fight the bad guy, allowing their drivers to get stolen.

It's fine if the plot is stupid and doesn't make sense if what you're watching is entertaining. But most of it was just Parado acting like a sad kid for about 19 minutes (this is based on the QC encode which includes commercials). I just can't buy it when the series tries to be hyper dramatic.

Did I miss something? Why's Emu so mad at Parado at this particular point in time, when they both have a common enemy that they should be fighting against?

Nice shot of Parado taking Emu's hand with the sun on top of it. Even when this series is unbearable to watch from a story perspective, they do have some good visuals.

The co-op fight against Chronos was cool, but it never really felt like Chronos was big enough a threat against Hyper Ex-Aid. Yeah, Paradox did most of the work, but couldn't Emu have beaten Chronos without Parado's help?

Huzzah for Chronos, the wish-fulfillment king. Apparently he can just go back in time to whenever it's most suitable for him? I have so many questions and concerns about this new development. Tread carefully with how you integrate time travel to your story.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Ex-Aid 40 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Mr. CEO, you are just as stupid as Bobby Kotick. If you wanted the opposition gone, you could have conducted better Batman Gambits. Now suffer your impending doom, sir. Also, where's Tsukuru-san?! I hope he's still alive.

Kuroto-san, you're a genius, make another one.

Decent episode despite predictable premise.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

will there won't be any Snipe 02 thread?
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

What a horrible GameDeus ex Machina they did with Chronos there
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

fenrir wrote:will there won't be any Snipe 02 thread?
Whoops. Moved over.
njb wrote:What a horrible GameDeus ex Machina they did with Chronos there
I like you. I'll kill you last.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I didn't like this episode. Overwhelmingly. It was all over the place from the start. Why didn't Emu just tell the others his plan? Even with Parado seemingly dead Cronut didn't give up the trophy and they didn't even address that. Parados redemption was shit like others have said. It didn't feel genuine at all and very forced. The only redeeming part of the whole thing was that the fights in the episode weren't shit for once and I enjoyed the use of the XX Gashat to get both of Para-DXs forms out and use Perfect Puzzles item manipulation to screw Cronut.

The ending was bullshit though. I mean now Cronut has some kind of time manipulation that allows him to skip a particular moment? Why bother making Ex-Aids final form invincible of Cronut never stands a chance, always runs away and now can apparently just ignore it was ever made? Shit like this really frustrates me about this series.
YuushaGamer
Quote: I play to win
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by YuushaGamer »

man i love this series so much it's so good and did i hear in the cm that the soundtrack is being released? anyone got any more info on that been waiting to get my hand on that
twitter: @YuushaGamer
youtube: YuushaGamer
twitch: twitch/YuushaGamer
Cyberman
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Cyberman »

I'm curious if Toei picked the name "Emu" because it's a homonym of M because he is the Genius Gamer M but it also have a hidden pun for "You are Me and I am You" or rather "U Me" if you dumbed it down using the internet slang when you reading it backward. Or I'm overthinking about it lol.
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

the ost is a good product to have i think.

anyway about the episode, agree with all of you, it's kinda kill the mood with Parado redemption arc. and for chronos, somehow i never like him since his 1st appearance, i feel that his existence kinda made the series down a bit after all the hype of KR Chronicle.

Gamedeus, i dunno about this. and btw, it would be super shitty as well if in the future Chronos will also get redemption arc or co-op to beat gamedeus.

it's almost 80% of ex-aid, although it is MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER than Ghost (& also drive in my opinion). but somehow the show never really goes into climax into the ending/last arc. Drive have more consistency for the stroy of Shinosuke+Kiriko, and Heart final arc/fight with Shinosuke also make him a likeable villain. for Ex-Aid, it seems like they kinda confused/unsure about how to make the ending/final arc
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
Ahoge-dono
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Faiz, Dekranger
2nd Favorite Series: Double, Magiranger
Dreamy: Lucca Milfy
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Rider Chips
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: "Do you have the courage...to ride with the devil?"

Post by Ahoge-dono »

Not gonna say the episode was super profound or anything, but yeah I get Parado's redemption. Parado's life is literally living just to play games. If you until this point had no concept of death or morality and saw everything as just a game, then yeah you're not going to feel remorse "killing" players. Lacking apathy is what being a sociopath is all about. Then you suddenly realize that dying can be super scary and horrible, you're going to realize: "Oh god what have I done? I did some terrible things haven't I?" Cause now Parado's know what he did to those players, gave them a violent, painful end.

Of course in Ex-Aid, WE know that death is just a slap on the wrist, but do the victims have any knowledge of that?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Cyberman wrote:I'm curious if Toei picked the name "Emu" because it's a homonym of M because he is the Genius Gamer M but it also have a hidden pun for "You are Me and I am You" or rather "U Me" if you dumbed it down using the internet slang when you reading it backward. Or I'm overthinking about it lol.
I don't really see it. Mostly because in Japanese it'd be split into E-mu.

I thought a bit more about this episode. I think the main problem is they knew they wanted the big fight at the end, but didn't quite know what to do for the 90% of the episode before that point. So they just stretched out Parado's redemption to be as long as possible, even though there was only really like 5-10 minutes of actual good story there.

That's the thing I hate about Snipe and Brave, they never have anything going on when they're not the focus.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

While I see and accept the points raised about Para's redemption arc i still overall enjoyed this episode, and during the fight i was trying to figure out where we would go after Chronos is defeated, wondering if Graphite would be the final boss or we would just end up ending short given the movie's plot (which i'll get too). Also I expected Chronos to be able to reset everything given, during his debut he stated he is also a walking lab experiment filled with the Bugster virus so the ending events made sense. Also
Spoiler
With the 'next time' trailer i have one question... What..or where the hell is the movie going to be placed? from what i've seen in trailers is the group looking in surprise at the big series bad showing up? I honestly thought he would have been left FOR the movie and not the series
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

TypicalStandUser wrote:Kuroto-san, you're a genius, make another one.
Reminds me of a line in Power Rangers Operation Overdrive that one of the rangers said to the guy who apparantly has alot of money, a mansion, and the ability to make morphers and give them to the rangers to begin with...

"You are rich, buy an army"

So... how did Kuroto MacGuyver'd the first one? How did he even Digitized-Digimon his laptop to begin with? Oh man the plot holes you can open with just that one thought alone!
Hyboran Tigersen
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: In order to protect others you must first learn to protect yourself.
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Hyboran Tigersen »

Catastrophe wrote:I didn't like this episode. Overwhelmingly. It was all over the place from the start. Why didn't Emu just tell the others his plan? Even with Parado seemingly dead Cronut didn't give up the trophy and they didn't even address that. Parados redemption was shit like others have said. It didn't feel genuine at all and very forced. The only redeeming part of the whole thing was that the fights in the episode weren't shit for once and I enjoyed the use of the XX Gashat to get both of Para-DXs forms out and use Perfect Puzzles item manipulation to screw Cronut.

The ending was bullshit though. I mean now Cronut has some kind of time manipulation that allows him to skip a particular moment? Why bother making Ex-Aids final form invincible of Cronut never stands a chance, always runs away and now can apparently just ignore it was ever made? Shit like this really frustrates me about this series.

LMAO I'm sorry, the name Cronut is hilariously funny. You are awesome!

But humor aside I didn't feel too sorry for Parado because it took him this long , the death of a comrade, and a near death of himself to get him to understand the value of life. Granted I would have been ticked if he faked it though.

Is for the ending it was kind of.....douchey :/

On the upswing, the fighting was great though XD
Evangeline
Adventure
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Drive
Dreamy: Shijima Go
Favorite Actor?: Rika Adachi
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Figure Collection
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Evangeline »

after I watched this episode, I come into conclusion that Emu is New Naruto, no doubt
wow, I never know that Muteki's hair can be used for attack
Muteki Gashat dissappered??? make new one, Kuroto is a genius after all

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”