KR Ex-Aid 42 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:40 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆☆
19%
☆☆☆
19%
☆☆
8%
4%

Total votes: 26
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KR Ex-Aid 42 released

Post by Lunagel »

perdana.aria wrote:
Mxylv wrote:I thought Gamedeus was pretty underused; he seemed to be more of a plot point than an antagonist. Perhaps the story got a bit rushed because of the shortened episode count.
Hi Guys. I am clearly not following the news. How come you guys know that ex-aid episode count was shortened?
Is it because the rating?
Cause Build is premiering on September 3rd so that means Ex-Aid gets only 45 episodes, which is shorter than the standard 48-ish.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

This was really, really rushed. And now we have a Gashat ex Machina :(
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I rather have Chronos be the final boss than random Big Bad that shows tend to do. It's funny to me that you guys are complaining that they did an actual doctor thing and thinking that they turned that into a deus ex machina.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

What doctor thing? Stand by and hang out with sick people?
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

I thought doctors were suppose to treat patients not hang out with them in the waiting room
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

takenoko wrote:What doctor thing? Stand by and hang out with sick people?
Creating the Gamedeus vaccine.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Kurokage X wrote:I thought doctors were suppose to treat patients not hang out with them in the waiting room
Man, if doctors are meant to do the latter, those were some terrible doctors who cared for me last month.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

You know you're getting old when you see Sawai Miyuu playing as a Mom now on TV. I need to get my life going and have kids too. Jesus christ. Anyways, why is this season shortened to 45 episodes? That's pretty low. Toku has gone through so many changes lately. Different episode counts, all these side-movies, shows and extras stuff they film. I can't keep up with it anymore. It used to be simple back then...
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas

Post by Alessar »

takenoko wrote:<Previous Ep
Oh God... Sawai Miyuu is playing a mom now? I remember when she was 14 years old... No, noooo...
I turned 50 last month. FIFTY.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

chronoxiong wrote:You know you're getting old when you see Sawai Miyuu playing as a Mom now on TV. I need to get my life going and have kids too. Jesus christ. Anyways, why is this season shortened to 45 episodes? That's pretty low. Toku has gone through so many changes lately. Different episode counts, all these side-movies, shows and extras stuff they film. I can't keep up with it anymore. It used to be simple back then...
It seems like no one remembers 2009 when Decade had only 31 episodes and W started immediately after it in September back when Kamen Rider series started in February. Also Gaim was the first series to start in October and stay like that until now with Build which is going back to the days of W. I think the shorten episode count helps the series more than it hurts since I thought they couldn't extend it without looking unnecessary.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

i don't mind if the episodes are shorten all i care about is the story and whether or not if its good or not.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I'm really conflicted with this episode. On the one hand, we have so many amazing things going on: the Gamedeus is out and making his move, Ex-Aid and Paradox are having an awesome co-op fight against said Gamedeus with all the pyrotechnic trimmings, Lazer and Genm are finally duking it out, Dan finally suffers the consequences for all he's done (using him and his pile of lives to create an antibody was a really neat twist), etc.

And yet, everything feels so rushed. I immediately started the episode feeling like I missed something, and that feeling is still there at the end. We immediately start off with it being the proverbial end of the world? Gamedeus is defeated in his very first episode, and in the process becomes the only Bugster not to get a real personality? And why is Masamune even a thing any more? He's outlived his purpose.

The show had been moving along extremely well up until episode 40 when Masamune reset things. Ever since then, it's been a mess of neat, but ultimately poorly executed ideas. Everyone is quick to blame the episode count, as we just recently found out that it's only 45 episodes. But I don't know; you can't just shuffle around series like this, especially since Build would need to be brought in by a month or so. It's perhaps the nicest explanation, but even as an Ex-Aid fan I wonder if we're making excuses...

Meanwhile, does anyone feel like Dan has become outright Flanderized? He's always had a big head, but the last two episodes in particular are overplaying it and underplaying his cunning and plotting that made him the series' big bad for the first half of the show. And the suggestion that Nico should go into nursing struck me as very odd; she already has a job as a highly successful professional gamer.
Phoenix512 wrote:It seems like no one remembers 2009 when Decade had only 31 episodes and W started immediately after
We try not to remember Decade. Ex-Aid may not be nailing the landing on its final arc, but Decade was a flaming wreck. That we got W so soon afterwards was granting the audience mercy.
SengalBoy
Quote: Yare yare daze~

Post by SengalBoy »

takenoko wrote:Oh God... Sawai Miyuu is playing a mom now? I remember when she was 14 years old... No, noooo...
Lol, she was in Wizard as Todoroki's pregnant wife!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

People become moms when they become pregnant?! Why does no one tell me these things?!
KRMonkey
Go Go!
Quote: ...dynamic chop!

Post by KRMonkey »

Although it wasn't as powerful as the last couple of episodes, this episode made me grateful for a couple of its choices:

Thank goodness they eliminated Gamedeus in this one, and didn't spend forever on the battle. Gamedeus is a generic boss monster, not a villain. Chronos is a villain they've built up over time. Transferring the menace of Gamedeus to him is a smart move: the climactic battle of the series will now be against its villain rather than a generic monster.

Also, although it didn't balance all the Riders super-well, this episode made clever use of the medical premise *and* the Rider stuff by pitting Lazer against nuGenm to make the cure. Since original Genm killed Kiriya, it's satisfying to have him beat the living stuffing out of nuGenm not just out of revenge, but out of determination to save people.

This series has so far set up several good villains: Paradox, Genm, Chronos... even Graphite, although he was the least-developed. These later episodes have been conscientious about making sure we get closure to each of those conflicts: Genm died in a satisfying way mid-season (and oddly for Super Hero Time, it was allowed to stand, as Shin Kuroto Dan is explicitly not the original character.) Parado becomes an ally, finally reconciling with Emu. Graphite is taken out by the two Riders whose lives he destroyed. Only Chronos is left unresolved, and since we only have at most two episodes (maybe one, if Build's appearance is a two-parter), I think spending more time on Gamedeus would have been unsatisfying. Also, I suspect we'll get all the Gamedeus we can stomach in the movie.

Yeah, Brave and Snipe weren't even present for this episode's battle, but they nevertheless continued to resolve their interpersonal conflict. For that matter, we see Nico overcoming her tendency to be self-centered.

How many conflicts remain? I can't tell quite where this episodes come down on the question of what to do with Shin Kuroto Dan. There's the question of all the Bugster patients who vanished: will we get Hiiro's girlfriend back? How about original-Lazer, since the show's also been making a point that he hasn't actually been revived as a human? We'll need to see what happens with the CR once the source of the Bugster virus is eliminated. What does the future of our surviving, non-evil Bugsters hold?

Overall, I'm very happy with Ex-Aid, but I understand that no Rider series will work for everybody.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”