KR Ex-Aid 43 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:23 am

☆☆☆☆☆
42%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
13%
☆☆
13%
4%

Total votes: 24
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Ex-Aid 43 released

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Beat the last boss

Last week's poll rating: 4 / 5 (24 votes)

I'm kind of tired of seeing a lady almost transform, then not. Shit's old, Toei. Would it have killed you to let Nico transform into Chronos for a bit?

I admit, I did like the character arc for Taiga. But it's unfortunate that it comes at the cost of characterization for Nico.

Also, Taiga gets the power of Chronos, but doesn't use Pause even once?

Not really sure how Ex-Aid, Snipe, and Brave beat the powered up Chronos/Gamedeus. Just feels inconsistent, because if they could do that the whole time, why haven't they till now?

Some good moments, glad they didn't use the "dramatic music" during the actual dramatic parts, but I'm tired of how clumsy everything is handled. Sure, Lazer has the infection and Dan is behind bars, but why doesn't Poppy help fight? Or Nico, she still has her base Rider form, and she's actually there. I really shouldn't let the meta stuff bother me as much as it does, but it's time to grow up, Toei.
Lanay
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: TOO SOON!

Re: KR Ex-Aid 43 released

Post by Lanay »

takenoko wrote: Also, Taiga gets the power of Chronos, but doesn't use Pause even once?
I don't think Taiga is that stupid, using the same power that ChronosDeus has, considering he too can move on stopped time.

And I was wondering, if one used GD to transform into Chronos, how do they activated Pause? GD doesn't have buttons like BugVisor iirc (except for finisher button).
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

takenoko wrote:Ex-Aid, Snipe, and Brave beat the powered up Chronos/Gamedeus. Just feels inconsistent, because if they could do that the whole time, why haven't they till now?
Because Toei repainted Chronodeus as a final end-plot flag.
envedges
Infinity

Post by envedges »

I am curious, which is stronger Gamedeus Cronus or Gamedeus itself stronger? Based on last week episode, I know that Gamedeus is leagues stronger than Cronus and the power of Cronus only guarantee a small glimpse of hope that it can beat Gamedeus when use right. I feel like Gamedeus Cronus is only using like a fraction of Gamedeus's overall power similar to how riders beside Hajime/Joker Undead work in Blade, and how the Ace Undead are stronger than their Rider counterpart .
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

At the end, Ex-Aid is more worse when compare to the middle episodes. I don't know why the end-game-plot is simple and do not drive any emotions or interest to me.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I don't know. I just don't know.

At this point I'm so tired of Masamune. How many damned times is Ex-Aid going to have to kick his ass? For the last month he keeps getting defeated and keeps being given a new rule/power/whatever to pull out of his hindquarters to stay in the game. He was a very good villain. But he had a limited self life and he has overstayed his welcome. I am bored of him. (And why the heck does he still look like Ex-Aid?!)

On the other hand, I enjoyed the Taiga bits. Yes, they were a bit sappy at times. But still, he is the original Doctor Rider and he's certainly had one heck of an arc over the series. So the focus on him was nice to have. (Though Taiga is totally falling for his "patient". Bad doctor!)

Also, the second fight between the Riders and ChronoDeus was well executed, if short. Though Chronous vs. ChronosDeus was more a WTF fight than anything enjoyable, and the show's logic for why Taiga could do it went entirely over my head.
Last edited by ViRGE on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

5/5

This episode kinda remind me of some games that requires specific conditions or items to encounter the Final/Secret Boss.
Ghouls 'n Ghost: To reach the Loki (Final Boss), find the Magic Power hidden in Stage 1.
Super Street Fighter II Turbo: To encounter Akuma, reach the Final Stage w/o losing a around & no continues.
Ultra Street Fighter IV: To encounter Oni, don't lose a round & no continues, perform 10 First Attacks (2 Round Match), perform 5 Super/Ultra Finishes (2 Round Match), perform Super/Ultra against Seth.

I have nothing more to add, it's a great episode btw.
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Good Episode. Like how ChronosDeus from Phase 1 to Phase 2.

Alt Title for next week - Everything ENDS.
NOMarfo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

dannydice64 wrote:5/5

This episode kinda remind me of some games that requires specific conditions or items to encounter the Final/Secret Boss.
Except that's not what happens here. The whole joke is that GameDeus is a typical multi-stage boss that comes back after you kill him once.
HenshinForPie
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Phillip (sigh)
Favorite Actor?: James MacEvoy
Favorite Band: Florence and the Mac
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Noragami
Quote: "Sometimes we all need to give in to the madness."
Nostalgia Critic-Kickassia
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by HenshinForPie »

This was an OK episode, mostly because it feels that Taiga's redemption happened several episodes back, and he's put the doctor's coat on in past episodes. I'm also disappointed that Kamen Rider Poppy and Ride Player Nico have barely had any screentime these last few episodes. At least have them fight with the other Riders, why don't you?

I also knew that Masamune would go One Winged Angel at some point, but it is nice to see him actually do that here. I've seen some rumors that Ex Aid will end with 44 episodes, and I hope this is not the case. Even if the last episode is a wrap up like Ghost's was, it will still give the story some room to breathe, and wrap up everything as neatly as possible.

On an unrelated note, where the Hell is the Director? I swear, I haven't seen him in at least five episodes!
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

HenshinForPie wrote:On an unrelated note, where the Hell is the Director? I swear, I haven't seen him in at least five episodes!
I'll have to rewatch, but I swear he became a Bugster-with-orange-head, infected by a patient, at the end part. I think I saw him become one.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

HenshinForPie wrote:Masamune would go One Winged Angel at some point, but it is nice to see him actually do that here
That song has been stuck in my head since I watched the episode.

And yes, I concur, shame to see Nico's chance to shine getting ripped off by Taiga.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Could Taiga even actually pause? He was using the gamer drive which doesn't have that functionality.

Stretching out Cronut this long is getting dull. They peaked with him a few episodes ago. Shouldn't have killed Gamedeaus so quickly.
Zenuku5
Infinity
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Kurenai Wataru
Favorite Actor?: Koji Seto
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Let's make this showy!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Zenuku5 »

I agree with some that Chronus/Masamune has simply kinda dragged on. Much as I loved him thematically at the start he's kind of shown a similar evolution to his son from quite a smart and cool villain into...well basically just 'we see where Kuroto gets it'. As the transformation to Gamedeus Cronus felt VERY similar to Dan's earlier transformation to 'Level X' from 'Level 10'.

I kinda wish we had gotten to see Nico transform into 'Ride Player Nicronus' or something even if only as like a vague TRIES to henshin outline before it shatters as she can't handle it so Taiga comes in and steals the gashat for Taiga Cronus. I sincerely hope Build gives us a genuine female Rider with some real staying power as a character, as the last one was 'Kamen Rider Marika' from Gaim. And even then she still only qualified an extra rider among extra riders in spite of theoretically being the most capable fighter (second to Takatora). I digress however.

I saw the 'True Final Boss Second Form' thing coming a mile away. It's such a trope it's almost not even funny...okay so even here it wasn't funny, I'll admit.

Now, those complaints out of the way...I loved a lot of the elements of this episode and how it contributes to the arcs. Especially to Taiga's with him FINALLY voicing his wish to still be a doctor. All the time insisting he was the only kamen rider needed and having that fully explained, in addition to how he seemed so much more fixated on being a Rider than a Doctor. So watching him put on the coat fully was exciting for me to watch. If I HAD to guess at how Emu wasn't stuck in the middle of that blast from two sides...Bang Bang Simulation. It's literally a combat simulation game relating to taking shots at an enemy so him being potentially able to redirect shots to prevent friendly fire would make sense. Mind you it's never said and instead glossed over as the strength of their wills/unity but still.

I enjoyed Poppy trying to console and inspire Parado. I found Kuroto's 'plea' in the beginning comically hilarious. Kuroto's reaction to Kiriya telling him to shut up was hilarious as well. Taiga thorughout the entire episode was pure awesome. And I honestly never questioned him not using pause. Though I'll admit I might have liked to see a 'Chrono-Snipe' kit-bash (or whatever the term is) for Taiga's SUPER MEGA final form like how Hiiro got Taddle Legacy while Taiga is still only level 50.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”