KR Ex-Aid 44 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:52 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
63%
☆☆☆☆
17%
☆☆☆
13%
☆☆
8%
No votes

Total votes: 24
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Re: KR Ex-Aid 44 released

Post by njb »

Why does Poppy dying mean that the Bugsters will return normal, and how does Poppy know that? WTH.

Parado's death, however, was brilliant. Perfect redemption!
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

njb wrote:Why does Poppy dying mean that the Bugsters will return normal, and how does Poppy know that? WTH.
Poppy used her non-corporeal state to spread the Gamedeus vaccine/cure. So there was no doubt it would work, since it was literally the cure to the problem at-hand.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's also the same thing Graphite does in the first arc to spread the DHZ virus by stabbing himself with the gashat, so it's not a total asspull.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Making Lvl 1 relevant again was a pleasant surprise. They'd been skipping past them for so long, I had forgotten they even exist.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

Build a pacifist? Guy killed Kuroto and lowered down his lives to 3! Honestly, of all the cameos, this is one of my absolute dislike. Guy comes out of nowhere, killed a Rider, figured out he did a "mistake", and then goes away without even bothering to find the real Ex-Aid. I know it's supposed to be a short cameo, so then don't set him up trying to find Ex-Aid and then goes away without doing so. I did rather have the typical "next series Rider comes in to defeat enemies and then goes away" trope of the past.

Poppy's death would have been so much better if her character was fleshed out and actually actively take part in saving the patients as a nurse or help to beat down Bugsters as a Rider. I really don't feel much bout her death, tho her appearing one last time to Kuroto is kinda sweet touch.

Damnit Parado. I knew he's gonna do the whole sacrifice thing after watching Poppy did it. His role in the series is akin to Ankh (of OOO) and Heart (of Drive) but somehow his death didn't impact me that much as compared to the two. I think his "initial" death was better.

Am I the only one who hope Dan would do something epic in the last episode and somehow be the one to end Chronos? I know Ex-Aid would probably be the one to finish Chronos off but I feel it did be poetic for Genm to somehow play a bigger part in it.

I really want a Sniper level 100. I hope they do one of those spin-off films with him acquiring lvl 100.

Nico, STOP STANDING THERE. Henshin and do something ffs. Genius Gamer N my foot.

Yay to Storm Trooper Riders kicking Gamedeus' ass. I think it's cute and a nice throwback.

CGI boss battles are one of the reasons recent KR series lack a great "finale" feel to it.

6.5/10 for this episode.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by windfall »

Guess it's that time of the year again. We're winding down to the end so we have to get rid of all the remaining non-human characters. That being said, whatever happened to being able to revive complete bugsters? They still have a bug visor right?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Johnny Maxima stole it after Graphite was defeated.
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by windfall »

Oh yeah, the one they had when they handed kuroto over to the health ministry probably doesn't gave any of the bugster data.

Although it probably would've been prudent to copy it over at some point. Kind of odd for the bugsters and kuroto to not have more back up plans.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I kind of liked the episode, but as with the last one, some of the drama was lost because of how underused the female riders have been lately. Last episode's wrap-up of Taiga's character development was fantastic, but it was completely marred by Nico's not transforming for what feels like 10 episodes and her general lack of usefulness by that point. Similarly, in this episode, Poppy's death should have worked as a scene, but a lot of the drama was subtracted because she'd hardly fought alongside the heroes recently. The episode wasn't bad in and of itself, but the last few episodes made it less effective for me.

The Build cameo sort of happened. I like it that Genm went a little meta by criticizing one of Build's catchphrases; Build being a pacifist could turn interesting.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Philip Aldraine
Kamen Knight
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Koko kara wa ore no sutēji da!

Post by Philip Aldraine »

Oh man. I actually cried during that episode. Usually character deaths don't affect me that much, but they did. I give the writers kudos for that.
Currently Watching: Ex-Aid, Kyuranger.

'Once you've seen the light, you can never go back to the darkness!'

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”