Chou Super Hero Taisen released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:14 am

☆☆☆☆☆
13%
☆☆☆☆
6%
☆☆☆
39%
☆☆
26%
16%

Total votes: 31
Des_Shinta
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Kuuga
Dreamy: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Actor?: Steve Blum
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Neutral

Re: Chou Super Hero Taisen released

Post by Des_Shinta »

Oh look, a movie where heroes fight each-other where the reasoning for what heroes win is completely arbitrary and done with no research shown pertaining to any of the involved; seeming more as a cashgrab than anything of actual merit to the franchise and the characters they got involved.
It must have been written by Shouji Yonemura and produced by Shinichiro Shirakura.

Oh look, it was.

I swear, the only reason they get anyone back must be for the paycheck at this point. The Spring movies collectively have always been really, Really dumb and/or awful; should we expect differently at this point? Hell, the entire plotting for them is practically the same every time in their arc structure. It's more repetitious than the transformers films.
At the very least the game tournament and recreation thing this film had going was a better rationale than past ones for the inter-faction conflict, but toei's 'heroes fight other heroes' films I've always found to be their absolute worst ones as it's almost always lead to denigration of one character or another. I think the best they've done it with the Spring films was Taisen Z, as there they made clear the conflict was a misunderstanding, the sides apologized early before such could escalate beyond a reasonable leeway, and they then got onto the main plot of figuring the villain's plan out.

Also: Shut Up Momotaros. As an individual who disliked Den-O, I will value that clip of him getting kicked in the crotch.
It's not like he was there for his own sake, just to pander to Den-O's anniversary stuff like the past Taisen movie's cameos of the 555 and Blade crews for their Bluray releases.
godstriker8
Infinity

Post by godstriker8 »

Man, I only watch these for the Nostalgia. But it failed at doing that, with only a handful of actors returning that weren't from the past couple years. At least the scenes we did get with them were entertaining, as I love Momotaros, as well as Jin. Zolda didn't do much for me though.

Still, I think it's funny that the Net Movie promoting this movie not only did the nostalgic pandering a lot better, but it also had a more interesting story (as well as Genm hamming it up, which is the best part of Ex-Aid).

I will say one good thing about the movie, it had a plot that actually made sense relative to the currently running series, and actually adds to the characters in them (especially Naga and Hiiro).

Kamen Rider Taisen is still the best Taisen movie.
Evangeline
Adventure
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Drive
Dreamy: Shijima Go
Favorite Actor?: Rika Adachi
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Figure Collection
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Evangeline »

It's all a game especially during the Amazons fight when it became EXTREME HARD mode. Also Den-O will never die. I can see why people get tired of it but it does have an endearing charm to it.

yes its all game, HP 10.000 vs HP 10 (3 vs 1) how can the one with HP 10 can win?? the director didn't consider/think about game with super hard mode should be like which is led to this disaster
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well it was no worse than the last SHT movie, so I guess there's that? These are always a mess plot-wise, and this one delivers exactly as you expect it will, no more and no less. Though as fun as the fight choreography is, I really don't see how they get anyone to see these movies in the theaters...

Kiriya doesn't do a very good job of staying dead, does he?

(And don't worry, Eito, I'd run from Poppy too. There's only so much Genki Girl one can take)
Gallus Faberge wrote:Was there a point to Amu? I don't remember her having any plot significance.
In terms of narrative structure, she's the only supporting actress (otherwise Poppy would be all alone amidst like 20 different male actors). In terms of logistics, I'm sure the writers wanted to get a Jyuohger in there, and owing to point #1, it would need to be her or Sela. But other than snooping on Hiiro (which is admittedly an Amu thing to do), she didn't have much of a purpose. (Though I won't complain too much, since she was my favorite Jyuohger anyhow...)
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

5/5

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!

What are the changes in V2?
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

0:59:12 Should be PteraVolton not PteraGordon. I was confused because Ucchi is supposed to be using Gordon, but for some reason the game world version of himself uses Kyouryuu Brave stuff.
1:02:33 Style should be JyuohYellow, I accidentally used GoRider - Yellow.
SengalBoy
Quote: Yare yare daze~

Post by SengalBoy »

Because Super Hero Taisen is so bad expectations are extremely low, and because of that I'm surprised that I actually enjoyed this. Story is nonsense, but the action scenes are pretty creative, especially compared to the SHT 1 & Z. Still it does have all what you expect from an Osamu Kaneda movie, where they barely use any finishers or moves (What's the point of having Zolda if he didn't even use his cards? Though him shooting Ryugen is actually neat) but there are memorable fight scenes in this movie namely, Amu's fights, Ex-Aid VS Amazons and Amu's ravine fight.

I'm surprised that thanks to Naaga, Kyurangers actually have a presence here. Out of all SHT movies this one also puts a lot of current Sentai in it which is a plus, though it's a bit weird that they didn't utilize Champ, Balance, Garu and Raptor often since they're suits and voice actors so it's easier to have them.

Also, Emu unable to level up Mighty Brothers is a neat foreshadowing of Pallad's involvement, even though they explained it's due to the game rules.

Overall, because it exceeded the extremely low bar, 3/5 stars. I enjoyed watching it.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

It's Super Hero Taisen so I expected shit quality story but there's some good in this pile of crap like Naga's subplot with the Eito, the fights, and that's all

The Gorider thing was interesting but barely used once that plot was up, Hiro's dark doppelganger I don't give a damn,

Yonemura, give yourself the door please and don't come back
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

the ending made me want my money back. Yes, i'm aware i didn't pay nothing for it.
Just the way he just kept summoning cards on the fluke. It's just ass.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”