KR Ex-Aid 45 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:33 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
47%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
18%
☆☆
3%
3%

Total votes: 34
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Ex-Aid 45 released

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Game Over

Last week's poll rating: 4.27 / 5 (22 votes)

It neither touched my heart nor made me feel anything.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Ex-Aid 45 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Good final battle but predictable character resuscitation premise post-finale.

Zod, the V-Cinema Trilogy better be worth the time.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Final fight needed 300% more Road Rollers.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

the final battle was just weird for me. They get overwhelmed in their final forms but they're able to beat him in lvl 2 forms? Other than that I liked the other parts of the episode where Emu went up on camera. The ending credits was nice to watch too.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Well that was... underwhelming. Cliched lines, then beat the boss, then a big speech and then he... just disappears? Uhh... Okay?

Predictable ending, sucks for the victims, hopefully you will get resurrected in Ex-Aid 2: The Search for More Money
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The line about Parados sacrifice weakening Cronut makes no sense if he was still trouncing them in their max level forms.

Ending is kind of lame. I guess they didn't cop out and revive everyone who died immediately, but Poppy and Parado coming back was predictable and empty.
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

Enjoyable ending. Thankfully it wasn't written that every person who lost their life was returned to life. Poppy and Parad's return method was meh, but cool, they're back. Hopefully the Alternate Ending is comparable to GoRider.

I know Masamune claimed Emu couldn't transform into Hyper Muteki because of Parad's defeat, but why didn't he pass around the gashat to give them their advantage against Pause? "I'm just gonna stand here while they get their asses kicked, until my almost death when I reawaken not dead Parad and smash your driver"

Final fight could have used more forms, or at least Proto Drago Knight Hunter Lazer and PoppyMiFa Beat Brave.
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

Just like in one fell swoop of a final 'thirty minute' episode things were cleaned up but like the supposed bugsters' defeat, there remains residue not even a full medical tool sanitation can eradicate....

If Dan Kuroto is supposed to be under full Ministry of Health surveillance, then who was in the room with him and Poppy? Don't tell me that he brought back his mom, and then Poppy got a digital coffee cup and pinged the bars?

It was a nice touch to name the "deceased" but it seems strange to name those that are "present" like Kiryia and Kuroto. And even if the data manifests itself in reality again of those that "deceased" does that mean that they are now in the flesh? Or are they also in the "bugster" state like the aforementioned duo? In Emu's press conference, he equates both the same... but really Emu - that does not mean that both even have the same inner mechanics to diagnose just because they both have "heart".

This is the FIRST quiet and calm episode in a while, and that is what stood out. It gave Kamen Rider Ex-aid room to finally breathe amongst trope after trope after meme after meme that grows increasingly with every Kamen Rider after Kabuto. And that is a plus. The final fight is a cop out to throwback the Level 2 forms like the Level 1s, but really it brings to light about the absurd usage of power escalation and scaling unlike another anime series that also polluted the shonen genre, Dragonball Z. But people expect big numbers after big numbers - and this is the result...

A result that really dilutes any context of plot and meaningful character relationships as a result. And as a result, a final episode to call back just exactly what these characters are supposed to be.... unfortunately.

Totally expected a Build gashat, after Kuroto's bout... not a surprise. It was a when and not an if.
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

Excellent Episode for an Excellent show.

Nice to see a night fight for once.

Every feels nicely wrapped up.

More endings? Uggh... Toei coming on with the video game bullcrap.
NOMarfo
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Underwhelming for a finale.

So the riders are unable to defeat Cronus in his now regular form with their final forms but are able to in their original forms because how? The fight is nice however.

Masamune is defeated once and for all right, well he is but he decides to give the heroes a bittersweet victory by killing himself, thereby ensuring the riders don't resurrect everyone who succumbs to game disease so aw well.

and it is revealed that Poppy & Parad had cultivated within Kuroto and Emu thereby making their deaths meaningless, for Parad death is meaningless to him again so god damn it Takahashi. Though they are now doctors for CR to take care of any remaining Bugster remnants, which is who Salty? Aranbura?

and in the end Kuroto reflects on being an ass while begins to work on games that don't kill people, Taiga becomes a license doctor again with Nico attempting to be his assistant against his will, speaking of which she's revealed to still be in school because nobody decides to expel her for her long abscence, Hiro moves on from Saki's death again, Kiriya is now working with the new Genm CEO Tsukuru, how did he get that high of a position, to work on a vaccine for every bugster, and Emu makes a speech saying we'll bring smiles to everyone and who cares really

guess to pile in on the video game reference, this must be the bad ending since it felt underwhelming and not everything is fixed as in no more bugsters, everyone is back from the dead as bugsters which doesn't help that we're going to get a trilogy of endings next year.
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

I honestly felt it all came together about as perfectly as it can. The fact that this episode actually leads into the movie as unexpected. Also, I like how almost everything made sense.

- Because Masamune had been vaccinated against the bugster virus, he was losing power. This is similar to vampire attacks in many RPGs where a baddie literally drains experience on a successful hit. In other words, Chronos/Chronicle had himself been reduced to level 10 or below.

- While I was hoping they would stay dead, I'm satisfied by the infection reason or Poppy and Parado's return. It makes perfect sense from a medical standpoint.

- Emu's speech was excellent and really showed how much he's grown. I love how he acknowledged everyone who's suffered from Game Syndrome, whether they lived or died. I also love how they pulled the cryogenics move to avoid bringing everyone back to life (Walt Disney and others were cryogenically frozen, even though we have no way to resucitate them... they believed by the time we could cure their ailmentss, we would have the ability to thaw them safely).

- Masamune's suicide was meant to be the ultimate insult, as well as the ultimate victory. The doctors lost a patient, and they failed tgo bring him in. It's a stupid mindset, but one that's perfectly fitting for Masamune's psychopathology.

The only thing that seemed off was Emu breaking through Pause, but I'm gonna put that down to a side effect of his being re-infected. Plus, it was a pretty awesome moment.

I'm eager to see how the movie picks up from here and whether it muddies the waters or does justice to how this series panned out.

Oh, and a note/reminder for the more critical reviewers before Build comes out:

Remember, this is a kid's show and the writers are expected to follow a formula full of tropes. Much as with how we pretty much know the exact episode a new Ranger will appear in a Super Sentai show before the first episode airs, Kamen Rider is expected to follow a pattern. I feel the writers did an amazing job overall of trying to push the limits of what they were expected to do. Could they have done better? Sure, but they probably would have been sacked by mid-season if they tried to go any further. Please keep this in mind when Build debuts. Ex-Aid had a lot of nuances that required you to pay attention, and I wouldn't be surprised if Build continued this trend. But at its core, Toei wants these shows to be flashy and dumbed down to ride the success of Western shows like Power Rangers. As an older fan (and probably one of the oldest on this forum), I look at modern Kamen Rider the way I look at teen books, such as Animorphs. I want things to make sense amd require logical deductions at times, but I can accept the more simplistic approach because I understand the target age range.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DekaBreak »

I said this a few weeks ago, and they just prove me right that it's only after 5 years of secret operations with Taiga, Hiiro and later Emu, and after a madman and his mad father trigger a mass outbreak of disease, that the authorities CONSIDER developing drugs for the disease. Very "efficient" healthcare (even by Japan standards). So Johnny Maxima is barely introduced and then the story wraps up without even a word about him.

I don't know, did Ex-Aid really get canceled due to bad ratings? The 'twists' this episode are all far too convenient and it's as if they were rushing to end it (Parado being absorbed conveniently enough that Emu can break Pause even without Hyper Muteki, Dan Masamune committing suicide etc)
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

DekaBreak wrote:I don't know, did Ex-Aid really get canceled due to bad ratings?
This has nothing to do with bad ratings. I was thinking it's the time-slot changes or something.

fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

the ending is kinda so so.
i do think no other series than Gaim that the dead stay dead. Poppy & Parado back is kinda make last episode not so important thou.

the good thing is the midnight final fight is awesome, and tied up to the 1st scene in 1st episode.
other than that i guess all is predictable and nothing to be surprised for.
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Can someone elaborate on why Emu could move while paused? It was obvious that Parado was inside of him (red eyes), but I don't think that's enough of a reason. We've seen both Emu and Parado paused before (and even Mighty Maximum X). What makes this one special?

The postshow stuff Toei lined up are two Hyper DVDs for Paradox and Genm(?) and three V-Cinemas as seen in the CM.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”