KR Ex-Aid 45 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:33 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
47%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
18%
☆☆
3%
3%

Total votes: 34
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Re: KR Ex-Aid 45 released

Post by nanamarfo »

njb wrote:Can someone elaborate on why Emu could move while paused? It was obvious that Parado was inside of him (red eyes), but I don't think that's enough of a reason. We've seen both Emu and Parado paused before (and even Mighty Maximum X). What makes this one special?
I think it's a side-effect of Hyper Muteki.
NOMarfo
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

I liked it. I thought it was a nice ending that felt relaxed after the final battle.

Now I just have to wait for the movie.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

As much as I hated the shortened series idea, I saw an ending like this coming. They seemed to stall the final fight a lot and it sorta makes sense that they'd start the final episode with the final boss dying. That said, it didn't seem like an ending because Masamune said Judgement had occurred and then vanished with a smile on his face. Like Decade, this seemed more of a lead-in to the movie instead of an ending. I'm cool with that.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

First off, thank you once again to all the TV-Nihon staffers and QCers for another season of Kamen Rider.:)

As for Ex-Aid, that wasn't the greatest KR finale of all time (it's really hard to beat Gaim on that), it was an enjoyable one. It did go by the book a bit - or at least, it went about as I was expecting - but as ironic as it may seem, it feels like they've been setting up for this specific ending for a while now.

I really appreciate the small touches they put in for the final fight. We got a night fight (yay!) and they even went so far as to re-stage the shot of the 4 Doctor Riders from the OP. Coupled with the fact that we got an extended version of the OP with a second verse, and while it was nowhere near the series' most bombastic fight, it was a lot of fun. (On a side note, I have never realized until now that Emu was riding Kiriya in the OP; it never occurred to me that the bike was Lazer).

Masamune dying was as expected. Though I am struggling a bit with his "judgement has been delivered" line; I can't decide if committing death-by-gashat was a final spite to the riders, or if it's part of some nefarious plan they're saving for the post-series stuff. I am however glad he's dead, and while he overstayed his welcome, his megalomania-fueled "bugs" speech was Masamune at his very best.

Similarly, Poppy and Parado coming back was a given. They need to be here for the winter movie, if nothing else. To that end, how they got back was always going to be a bit of a pull, but out of everything Ex-Aid has done, it's fairly reasonable. Parado having re-infected Emu was very clearly telegraphed since he did become Ex-Aid, plus he's the infection that Emu just can't seem to kick. As for Poppy, of course it had to be Dan to bring her back, and I would have it no other way. I'm not always a fan of the over-the-top direction they've taken his character since he came back, but it's the perfect capstone to his God-complex. :lol:

I would have liked to see more of Nico though; she got the boot near the start of the last episode, and we don't see her again until after the final fight in this episode. She is the only Ride Player, after all, so it would have been fitting for her to be around. She does get two scenes, but neither is all that impactful (though it's good to see that they didn't split-up her and Taiga). I also liked how they tied her resolution into the fate of Genm corporation; it was believable, and it's great to see that the company finally has the Burger-CEO it deserves.

Meanwhile I also liked Emu's speech at the press conference. It was remorseful yet optimistic; completely in character for him.

The one other thing I would have liked to see though is a greater resolution to what happened between Dan and Masamune. His father just died, after subjecting Dan and the rest of the world to the ultimate villain Rube-Goldberg plot. I feel like there needed to be something in there - proper revenge, or maybe disowning - in order to settle what Masamune had done to Dan.

Finally, I can't help but think that in the back of our minds, we're always going to be wondering how Ex-Aid turned out if it was just a bit longer. I still get the impression, even from this episode, that the series was cut a bit short. And I hope one day we find out the truth about what went on with the number of episodes produced.
OOOKaiser wrote:the final battle was just weird for me. They get overwhelmed in their final forms but they're able to beat him in lvl 2 forms? Other than that I liked the other parts of the episode where Emu went up on camera. The ending credits was nice to watch too.
Having your belt smashed is a significant handicap, I guess?
njb wrote:Can someone elaborate on why Emu could move while paused? It was obvious that Parado was inside of him (red eyes), but I don't think that's enough of a reason. We've seen both Emu and Parado paused before (and even Mighty Maximum X). What makes this one special?
It seems like every KR finale resorts to a hindquarters pull to have that crowning moment of awesome where the heroes turn the tide at the very last second. It's clearly meant to be the power of Parado, but I agree that it borders on a plot hole. Chock it up along with all the times someone wins by sheer force of will, I suppose.
The postshow stuff Toei lined up are two Hyper DVDs for Paradox and Genm(?) and three V-Cinemas as seen in the CM.
Are there more HBVs? Unless I missed something, there are only the three V-Cinemas: Brave & Snipe, Paradox with Poppy, and Genm vs. Lazer.

On which note, this series has had a stupid number of tie-in videos, and now the V-Cinemas add another 3 to that. I feel like they're overdoing it. Yet at the same time, I do like the ideas behind the videos. All of the characters have the potential for great side-stories, and having them do buddy films organized by groups - doctors, bugsters, and the revived - could make for some good movies.

However the fact that they're once again waiting several months to release these is frustrating to no end. We're going to be about 30 episodes(!) into Build before these start coming out; more than half-way through that series' run. Heck, this will even be after the spring movie, if Toei's usual release pattern holds. What's the point of doing follow-up movies if most people will have moved on by the time they've come out? I suppose they have to come after the winter movie, especially if they're set in the future, which would mean that they can't come out any sooner than the Blu-ray release of said winter movie.:|
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Only one Hyper DVD, my bad. I thought there was a Genm one but I just realized now that we already had that (the one with the past riders)

I got my info from this link: http://news.tokunation.com/2017/08/26/k ... nced-45359
Official: http://www.toei.co.jp/tv/ex-aid/story/1210415_2606.html
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

Poppy and Parado are brought back to life at the end. The series has long adopted Marvel's rule that "No one stays dead."
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Masked Rider wrote:The series has long adopted Marvel's rule that "No one stays dead."
Except for Uncle Ben. Also that rule applies to DC and probably every comic book universe ever.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Like cyber lucario said, I like the relaxed tone after the battle.

I am fan of the "Their continuied their lives" endings. By the way, there is something about japanese architecture that i really like, I loved the office and the building where Taiga works.

And totally hate the "True ending" being in a movie, since we would have to wait moths to watch it.
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

Poppy and Parado get revived while the Chronicle victims are as dead as Chase is... a downside to an otherwise fantastic finale.
YuushaGamer
Quote: I play to win
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by YuushaGamer »

what an awesome series. at first when i saw this series i was like "this is stupid what a stupid series" but around episode 17 i was hooked and by 30 i was like this is the best kr ever. i love the music, love the concept, love the suits; especially dangerous zombie, just love it. sad to see it go love that its getting some spin off stuff i guess toei love it to. don't think build is gonna be as good looks a bit silly from my point of view. i would love to see a re-sub of this with the game logos as the subbed theme for the activation sounds. :)
twitter: @YuushaGamer
youtube: YuushaGamer
twitch: twitch/YuushaGamer
KemonoSoldierSunstar
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Miu Kazashiro
Favorite Actor?: Sota Fukushi
Favorite Band: Kishidan
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Samurai Troopers
Quote: Go down to the... SUGAR SHACK... and get a bread... BUT NOT TOO BIG--

JonTron

Post by KemonoSoldierSunstar »

Hell of a send-off, this series. Just finished it with a friend, and it's definitely serviceable. Good to see that my complaints about 40 and 41 didn't cause me to drop the show entirely.

I will admit that at first, Poppy and Parad coming back did sort of get on my nerves, but then I remembered that it would prevent them from appearing in True Ending. Guess it only makes sense for them to be revived for at least that long. That and, to be honest, it's kind of nice for Poppy to completely defy the all too familiar Female Rider curse where every girl that straps on a belt has to become deader than disco by the series finale (seriously Toei WTF?).

All in all, it's good to see that the heroes are moving on with their lives. Hopefully the movie gives a satisfying wrap up to the whole shebang.

Also, let us never forget... the many many MANY faces of Kuroto Dan.
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

Huh, so in one of those v-cinemas that actually did make a logo for Parado's rider name with it officially as Para-DX just like it was shown in those cards in Ganbarizing and official scans which would make Cronus official as well.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Code: Select all

∧_∧  
   ( ・ω・)   English Rider spellings?
  _| ⊃/(___ 
/  └-(____/
 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄

Translating dual language puns is hard and you can never win.
  <⌒/ヽ-、___ 
/<_/____/
 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

Honestly, I am rather disappointed with the ending. Riders beating Chronos in Level 2 forms simply because, well, plot. Parado's sacrifice suppressing Chronos' power makes no sense because they couldn't defeat him in their powered up forms. The fights are cool but the story part of it could've been better.

I like that Emu pays this tribute to the people yet to be saved, and how all the CR doctors and even Nico is moving on to the next phase of their life. However, I personally would prefer for Parado and Popi to remain "dead" at least until the True Ending movie. Somehow, killing them off and bringing them back in the span of 1 episode just cheapen the whole emotional impact.

Ex-Aid, despite the many shortcomings you had some really good moments. I enjoyed the series for the most part. Thank you for the great year, and looking forward to Build.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K

Post by Aeikozz »

I really Miss Ex-Aid.

Thanks TV-N for subbing this year again.

I thought the series was amazing. Esp when Cronus just would not stay dead, it felt like alot of actual games.

I gotta say this ending was way better than any KR since like W. Well Fourze was Awesome too, but the others have all been meh.

I hate ex-aid is over. It so good and awesome. I haven't really been digging build (get it? digging?) Ahh well

Forever love Ex-AID!

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”