KR Snipe 03 released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Snipe 03 released

Post by takenoko »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Ride ... de_ZERO_03

Well, that was a waste of time. This entire mini-series was built around Taiga's fight with Graphite and Saki's death, but I feel like all we saw was the same footage that existed in the TV series. It wasn't even a fight, Graphite hit Snipe once and he lost his transformation.

Other bad things are dramatic rain and Taiga fake punching the wall, because this series invokes the tropes of drama without truly understanding how to build and develop actual drama.

I don't know if this episode really added anything to the Ex-Aid story besides showing the ridiculous events that led up to Taiga losing his doctor's license.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Snipe 03 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

I want those 5 minutes back. Sure, it's damn obvious Kuroto got Saki to the edge of the cliff but it's not worth it.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I like these episodes, but as I've stated before, they should have come early in the series. The show has been over for two months now, and there's still one last episode to go.

And this episode in particular is especially drug down by the fact that Saki's death and Taiga's sacking have been heavily recapped in Ex-Aid proper, so there's the least amount of "new" stuff going on. The only thing really novel is that we finally get to see just what Dan was doing behind the scenes to egg everything on.

It does make me miss Excite though. It's not fair to expect the new KR series to match such a great OP, but it also doesn't even come close.:(
takenoko wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:21 am besides showing the ridiculous events that led up to Taiga losing his doctor's license.
It is kind of ridiculous, isn't it? He broke the rules, but did so trying to save a patent moments from death. It's very hard to take his dismissal seriously when he hasn't been shown to do anything that risked harm to anyone else. It's not like he up and left the OR while working on another patient.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Well, that's bureaucracy for you. Maybe it's a sly dig at the Japanese health care system?

Thinking about it more, considering where Dan ends up in the series, seeing him just straight up target Saki in order to create monster hunter guy is bothersome. Yeah, Dan was a villain, but he was more of a mad scientist who let his technology get beyond him. It's weird for him to so directly target people to ruin their lives. Previously, I thought he had just let his virus go, and just went "Whatever happens, happens."

Now, it feels like he's an immortal murderer who gets a redemption arc at the end where he doesn't truly learn anything of what's he's done. I think Dan's best when his villainy is more on the cartoonish side.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:25 pm Thinking about it more, considering where Dan ends up in the series, seeing him just straight up target Saki in order to create monster hunter guy is bothersome. Yeah, Dan was a villain, but he was more of a mad scientist who let his technology get beyond him. It's weird for him to so directly target people to ruin their lives. Previously, I thought he had just let his virus go, and just went "Whatever happens, happens."

Now, it feels like he's an immortal murderer who gets a redemption arc at the end where he doesn't truly learn anything of what's he's done. I think Dan's best when his villainy is more on the cartoonish side.
Personally I always liked him more as a smart, competent villain. They got plenty of good gags out of Dan once he changed sides and wasn't as serious. However it somewhat undermined his character. That Dan was orchestrating things this closely right from the start is, to me, good villainy. It makes for a great contrast to later in the series when his success goes to his head and his hubris causes him to underestimate Emu.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The only thing I was looking forward to was the fight between Snipe and Graphite and they copped out on that.

I remember why I hate this whole show.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”