Another Ending Part III: Kamen Rider Genm VS Kamen Rider Lazer released

Aids forever!
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Wiki Link

< Ghost | Ex-Aid | Build >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Another Ending Part III: Kamen Rider Genm VS Kamen Rider Lazer released

Post by takenoko »

< Part II Paradox with Poppy
Wiki

I dunno. I guess it was alright. I thought it was a bit convoluted and the redemption of Genm at the end feels hollow. I mean, he did literally bring his father back to life just to kill him again in this movie. Are we really supposed to think that this was just an elaborate thing to bring Lazer and the other people back to life?

At least Emu didn't do anything in this movies. Thank goodness.

I don't understand why Nico is in New York. Is she Kidman's sex slave now that she's stuck in America? Did a parent complain about a hero in a kid's show having a relationship with a high school student, so they had to go "no, no, they're not actually fucking. Let's send her to America to show that."

I sure would have liked some of the slower aspects of this movie removed and maybe one scene of Saki coming back to life would be nice. The poor girl's been killed off three times now. Oh that's right, Hiiro is an inanimate carbon rod, let's not revisit him at the end.

It wasn't terrible, but I feel like it wasn't clear what was happening in the story or where it was trying to go. I think Paradox and Poppy are the clear gold winners here, Genm VS Lazer is the defacto silver winner, and Brave and Snipe can get a stinky bronze.

Can someone remind me of the significance of the flowers where Genm dies? Is that related to his mother somehow?
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Another Ending Part III: Kamen Rider Genm VS Kamen Rider Lazer released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

So this movie created the bridge for the Kamen Rider Snipe miniseries... Hey Toei, too little, too late, NO ONE is impressed with your game plan to make Blu-Ray exclusive minisodes.

Masamune was just a body bag through and through on this one. See, this is what happens when you rethread the same damn scenario of the badass boss curbstomping everyone day in, day out.

Genm at top form though it gets tiring. His final fight against Lazer's alright, though I'm not impressed with the recolor of Lazer Samurai Gamer. And instead of Giri Giri, why not Mighty Creator VRX?? Kuroto made that Gashat, works similarly to God Maximum in that it can create games, it could've put Lazer at equal footing against God Genm!

Ex-Aid, you're a good one. It's not perfect due to some of the dramatic points but it's satisfactory for modern Rider and gaming.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

A resounding meh. It seems like they could've put a lot of this in the series proper and cut out a bunch of the fluff. We've seen Dangerous Zombie like 1254309805 times now so it's really lost all impact. Brave and Snipe were nonentities (probably could've cut them out entirely without losing anything) and random new Snipe Gashat was basically pointless. Takes second place sheerly because the Brave/Snipe movie was so horrible.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So I'm unsure if I understand what happened. Was this Kuroto fixing all his problems in his own way or was the resurrection stuff just a side effect of being beaten? Did he really die or was the pipe at the end to show he had one last continue? A Lazer and Genm movie should be really good because they are the two best characters on the show but I can't help but feel it was a little lackluster. The fact that the previous two movies character plots were kind of pointless because they were machinations of Kurotos just to make GMMX makes it feel slightly more hollow as well.

I do enjoy the fact that Kuroto effectively keeps the same personality the whole show and goes from support->antagonist->main antagonist->anti-hero->secondary rider->big good->last boss just based on the current circumstances.
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

I can't believe God Maximum Mighty can create a any game you want.

I wish Emu would participate the fight even after he was shot by Black Parado, though Hyper Muteki is useless against that form because of the same power.

I can't believe Cronus/Chronos is back, but pause is useless against Kuroto.

As much as I don't like Dan Masamune even after the series, I feel bad for him. Whether he lies or not, the way he talks like a loving father for Kuroto and loving husband for Sakurako. When I see him cry, I guess he's not evil due to redemption.

WOW!!! Kiriya's got a new form, and since he was revived as a Bugster he can use Bugvisor II (as in Bugvisor Zwei), with Chronos/Cronus reset ability he can undo the powers of God Maximum Mighty X.

In the end, Kiriya is revived as a human.

And as for Dan Kuroto before he died, despite being a mad man maybe this is the only way to restore those people who vanished during Kamen Rider Chronicle outbreak.

The story of these movies are amazing. And I give them 5/5
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well that was fun. And a good capstone to this series. In fact it's a shame that Build is so shallow (and generally mediocre), as it means Toei won't be able to do anything on this level after that series ends.

Overall this movie moved a bit slower than I would have liked, but it delivered on the high points. Despite Emu being the lead character of Ex-Aid, Kiriya's rivalry with Dan was always the more interesting one since it was personal. Dan's screwing with Emu made him a super hero; Dan's screwing with Kiriya made him super dead.:o

I did like that Dan essentially went right back to his old ways once he had the power he needed. He didn't really change up his game plan; he finished a Chronicle game and got to see it through this time. In a sense this is almost like an alternate take on the series: what would have happened if Dan had been around to release KR Chronicle in the first place?

The answer of course is being a psychopathic prick who harasses his father and indeed the whole world to no end. Heck, he created a game that intentionally couldn't be beaten! Dan's ego knows no bounds, and I am so very happy that they named his finisher attack Critical Blessing.:D

On that matter of family, I wasn't terribly excited to see Masamune back. However Dan kicking his ass 5 ways past Sunday was very cathartic. Especially when he tricked his father into thinking Pause worked against him.

Actually, now that I think about it, the entirety of Ex-Aid was caused by the Dan family being dysfunctional. If Masamune wasn't a prick then perhaps Dan wouldn't have ended up like one either. Which would have avoided the series of events that lead to Mrs. Dan biting the dust. So remember kids: raising a dysfunctional family can have world-altering consequences! :o

As an aside, man, Masamune really didn't hold back on his son. I'm not sure there's a harsher thing to say than wishing your kid had never been born. Except perhaps asking a doctor to perform the equivalent of a 120th trimester abortion. :shock:

Saiko was kind of a waste here though. She had the requisite heel-face-turn (and found some slightly more modest clothing while at it), but she didn't really have anything to contribute. She didn't even save Kiriya; that was Hiiro and Dan.

I also came away pleased with how they weaved the plot of this episode into the series. Working in the fact that Kiriya first met Masamune in prison was a particularly clever touch.

The fights were also really good here. The production team clearly was conserving their budget for the last movie, as a much greater percentage of the movie was dedicated to various fights, be it Gemn vs. Lazer, Gemn vs. Cronut, or Taiga and Hiiro running around. We even got a night fight! A little Ex-Aid would have also been nice, but Muteki is so incredibly world-breaking...

Speaking of which, it was amusing seeing the weather so obviously not cooperate with the production team. It was raining when they didn't want it to, and then they had to bust out the rain machine when they actually needed rain. And is it me, or does Kiriya have a certain fondness for dying in the rain. :p

Finally, this movie had something I never, ever thought I'd hear: a Dan Kuroto outbreak. :lol:
takenoko wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:20 am I dunno. I guess it was alright. I thought it was a bit convoluted and the redemption of Genm at the end feels hollow.
I don't know. I mean, was that a redemption? It seemed to me that Dan went out of this world exactly as he came into it: as a smug jackass who liked to screw with people. Reviving Kiriya at the end? That was just Dan screwing with him; you can't defeat a man with a death wish, so he sentenced the poor bastard to life. Nothing about this feels like a redemption for Dan, only that he got taken down a peg in a very permanent manner.
I don't understand why Nico is in New York. Is she Kidman's sex slave now that she's stuck in America? Did a parent complain about a hero in a kid's show having a relationship with a high school student, so they had to go "no, no, they're not actually fucking. Let's send her to America to show that."
I mused on this in the thread for the first movie, but after this movie I have to seriously wonder if this is exactly the case. Putting Nico on the bus to America did absolutely zilch to advance either her character arc or Taiga's. So the whole thing comes off as something that was forced for other, non-obvious reasons. And yeah, Taiga was in practice a scumbag doctor who was playing doctor with his patient and subordinate. But it wasn't causing the series any real problems.
I sure would have liked some of the slower aspects of this movie removed and maybe one scene of Saki coming back to life would be nice. The poor girl's been killed off three times now. Oh that's right, Hiiro is an inanimate carbon rod, let's not revisit him at the end.
Perhaps that would have been too happy of an ending? I do tend to agree. But it's not like this series ended up with everyone being immediately revived. Which I have to think was intentional.
TypicalStandUser wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:55 am So this movie created the bridge for the Kamen Rider Snipe miniseries... Hey Toei, too little, too late, NO ONE is impressed with your game plan to make Blu-Ray exclusive minisodes.
The Snipe miniseries was indeed terrible. But I enjoyed this for what it was: a quick call-back.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ex-Aid”