My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Zero -Dragon Blood- 02 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last episode rating: 4.86 / 5 (21 votes)

Another fun episode. Not quite as strong as the first episode, but still up their. Loved the ladies' costumes and the monster design.

I feel like Alice's actress needs some vocal training. It comes off as a bit strained in this episode. It's not terrible, just comes off as a bit uneven.

So I guess the plot of this series is that Zero is going to fall in love?

If last week's video game was based off Bioshock, then this one has to be Bloodborne. But then again, I think that any time I see a tricorne hat nowadays. Hello Haga Yuria, what have you been up to lately?

Edit:
Again, I'm confused by the morality system in Garo. I thought Horrors possessed you if you had evil in your heart. Does being mad at a bitchy co-worker count as evil? I mean, she doesn't kill her till the Horror possesses her, she even resists it and the Horror. And then she takes the moral stance by calling her bully the ugly one, right before killing her. Wha?

Rei, she was right there. Have some peripheral vision. Alice, don't worry about your fricking camera during a fight.

Huh weird. I didn't notice this before, but those sounds that the Horror makes sound really familiar. Like noises of monsters from video games.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Zero -Dragon Blood- 02 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Is the production crew playing Mortal Kombat X? The killshot of the episode's from the very last step of one of Scorpion's fatalities.

It's nice to see Yuria again.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Another good episode. I think I like with Rei and Alice is the situation is similar to Kouga and Kaoru in that they keep bumping into each other, but the personalities are reversed. I mean I do like Kouga as a character, but Rei being the main character and also a shit talker really adds to enjoyment factor for me.

Good to see the bar owner from Black Blood back as well.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Rei definitely has more personality here than he did in Black Blood. They really messed him up back there.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Yeah, and it's definitely more in line with his characterisation from the first 2 seasons.
The M
Infinity
Favorite series: Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Fumika Baba
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: EARNEST DRIVE
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Now, shall we begin the experiment?"

Post by The M »

The Dragon Ophernoch and Mari are back together ! I love reunions !
Aberration
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Band: Crowded House

Post by Aberration »

I found the opening of this episode really confusing, with all the quick cutting between the two girls talking, and also cutting between the present and past at the same time, I couldn't tell who was who. In the end, the second girl didn't really matter, but I just get frazzled when I'm that disoriented up front.

Liked the brief nod to the two priests from Black Blood, I didn't really think they'd be mentioned at all.

Is Rei going to find love again in this series? On one hand, it seems like a really big leap for the character (and I would feel weird about him abandoning his family to look the missing Kouga). On the other hand, I get a sense of them wanting to give closure to all the original cast, and this would bring Rei's story full circle.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Of course that Rei is different in this series. Probably this is before or after he training Raiga? Anyway this series theme is "how Rei got his waifu" simple as that... we see Rei doing his daily Makai Kishi tasks and bodying horrors then someone is going to wake up the Dragon Knight and Rei will have to stop it. The only question here is why this girl is looking for such strange egg. She is also very similar to Kaoru and the relationship is going the same way. She is too cute to not fall for her so get in there Rei! XD.
Final Vent!

Return to “Zero -Dragon Blood-”