Type: ISFJ Protector

Zero -Dragon Blood- 04 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Alt Title - Rei is the Real White Rabbit

Last episode rating: 5 /5 (11 votes)

I have to say that I really like Alice's character. She's meddling and just clever enough to get herself into situations that she shouldn't be. She's just annoying enough to not be too annoying. I hope they give her some backstory in the next episode though. It's time we got some answers.

I like how we're introduced to those three ineffective guards only to have them rolled over by Edel. Why have them if one Makai Knight can take them out?

Fairies and dragon tails. An alright episode. A lot of set up and we get to see the Dragon Knight armor. I have to say I like the scales that exist in Edel's pre-transformation too.

A few weird shots in this episode. I feel like there's one scene where the CGI doesn't line up to the movement of Edel getting hit or something? And the last shot of the fairy just staring at the camera was weird too. Whatcha thinking with those, Amemiya? I hate to ruin a 5 streak, but this is a 4/5 for me.

Edit: Actually, bumping it up to a 5. The conversation between Rei and Rekka is probably one of the better ones in the series. It gets both characters, and hints at some growth in Rekka behind the scenes, which rarely happens. Also, it's nice to see Mary's growth as an actress since her debut in 2010.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Zero -Dragon Blood- 04 released

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm not usually to much of a shipper, but I do feel Rei and Rekka would make a good match.

I like this episode if only for the fact the obvious effect of the plot is kicking in. Edel comes off as being strong, but at the same time not totally man handling Rei during their fight, which is better than Black Blood where Ring for some reason was stupidly powerful for no reason.

I do wonder if Edel removed his armour because he is stuck on a timer like normal Makai knights or just for the hell of it. Hopefully it does come up later.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

The plot just got interesting now since Alice became the new damsel in distress thanks to placing her hand on the cage

Edel is damn powerful but can't curvestomp Rei so easily which I like.

Now I wonder on what's Alice's game for wanting that Egg so much 5/5
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe wrote:I'm not usually to much of a shipper, but I do feel Rei and Rekka would make a good match.
Defend yourself!

I honestly don't know how I'd feel about that match. A part of me wants to resist it, but I can't quite put why. Maybe because I feel like Rekka would want a guy she could dominate while Rei would need someone to heal his lone wolf syndrome.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Yeah I can't get my head around that one either. They're definitely good friends, for sure, but I think they'd be a terrible couple. All the chemistry they have is mutual respect and friendship, nothing sexual or romantic.

Rei needs someone who he can protect. Rekka... I've always felt like she's more of a lesbian. I've never seen her talk to guys with anything but business-like demeanor, but with Jabi and some of the other girls she's been a bit... softer?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

IDK. If he ends up with Alice it just hits me like being too similar to Kouga and Kaoru.

Besides, we have the rest of the series for something to develop. If Retsudan bungled Tsubasa and Jabi together, then this shouldn't be an issue.

There I go, right after saying I'm not one for shipping. Goddam it.
Lalo
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Lalo »

Nice episode, loved the dynamic between Rei and Rekka.

One thing did bother me though. What's the point of posting 3 guards on the main gate when anybody can just go in through the well? It can't be hard to notice the hole in the ceiling, seeing that Alice was able to walk off the fall without even a hint of discomfort.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

Three incompetent guards aside, this was another great episode. 5

I actually like the blur effects they apply with Rekka's attacks. Noticeable when she's kicking. Her introduction was also cool, despite already appearing in Retsuden for most of it, having her here again works fine. Her scenes with Rei was nice to watch. And that fast pace battle at the end, great stuff all around.

Hope this quality keeps up. At this rate, I can't predict the length of the series. Are we going around 10? Or into the 20s.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

I thought it was good. Rei needs a kick in the ass. This mundane girl is showing him a picture of a madou artifact WITH SCRIPT all over the page (that's horror script right??) and he treats it like an ad for sea monkeys.

I thought she was pretty smart. The handprint - it was obvious that was gonna lock the cage.

I think Rekka's actress says she kinda ships her character with Rei? Like Jabi's ships hers with Dan? Wasn't that part of the rationale at the end of Tougen when the two ladies did things that called out those 2 knights? I dunno about Rekka being a lesbian, she's just met Kouga and her standards are really high. Dude's like an 11. Rei's only a 9!
SocietyBox
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by SocietyBox »

Lalo wrote:One thing did bother me though. What's the point of posting 3 guards on the main gate when anybody can just go in through the well? It can't be hard to notice the hole in the ceiling, seeing that Alice was able to walk off the fall without even a hint of discomfort.
Looked more like she got sucked into the well. We also see her look up to find no hole in the ceiling.

Are we supposed to instantly realise Kagome and her fairy are played by the same actress? I only realised when I read the credits.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe wrote:IDK. If he ends up with Alice it just hits me like being too similar to Kouga and Kaoru.

Besides, we have the rest of the series for something to develop. If Retsudan bungled Tsubasa and Jabi together, then this shouldn't be an issue.
Feel like the Kouga/Kaoru thing is intentionally though. Maybe Amemiya goes with what he knows works? Gah, I hate the Tsubasa/Jabi thing. It feels so off to me for some reason.

TokuCasual wrote:Hope this quality keeps up. At this rate, I can't predict the length of the series. Are we going around 10? Or into the 20s.
Word from the man himself is that it'll be 13 episodes.

I actually like Alice falling in the hole. It's very Alice in Wonderlandy which suits her.

I totally missed that the fairy is played by the same actress. I was looking for the credit, but gave up when I didn't see it. Didn't realize it was a double role. Thanks for that!
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

13 episodes? Sounds good to me. Should be enough for some decent stories. Especially at the current pace.

Thanks!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

I did like Alice falling into the well. I feel like its an Alice down the rabbit hole reference going on.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

So Mari-chan is the little fairy too? Maybe that explains the close shot of her to end the episode. That was still random though. But damn, Edel has some strong powers. I was thinking how is Rei going to stop him once they summoned their armor, they both seem evenly matched. Too bad most of it was CGI so I'm assuming it must too difficult to fight in them cool armors. Rekka is still a gorgeous sight so it was cool to see her interact with Rei. Alice sure gets in the way of everything. There must be more to her and I'm sure we will find out eventually.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

It was a surprise to see that Rei is at the same level than the Dragon Knight. Looks like all the experience and previous battles are not just for show and he is doing a good job in Kouga's absence as the strongest knight, however, the plot is very simple and its going to be a really short story as always sadly. I which Zero could get a 25 episodes full show but oh well this is good enough and more Garo content is always welcome.
Final Vent!

Return to “Zero -Dragon Blood-”