Aberration
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Band: Crowded House

Re: Zero -Dragon Blood- 07 released

Post by Aberration »

Good episode. I was ambivalent about Kagome's character after everything she did in the last episode, but it was sad to see her go. Her death was a bit of a shock to me, considering she was on the poster for the series, and frankly it feels like a LONG time since we've had a significant heroic death. (Although I guess it's weird to think of her as significant, she probably had less screentime than Kakashi.)

I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this, but I'm gonna put it out there: When the live-action Transformers get flak for having overly complicated looking characters whizzing around in hard-to-track action sequences, why does Garo get a pass for the same thing? (Someone will probably say because the story and characters are actually good, but that doesn't address the action itself.)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Transformers has a bigger budget
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I've only seen half of a live action one, but I hear the action and CGI just look plain bad. I didn't really feel like this episode had hard to track action. Since there was only really one antagonist it's pretty easy to track who's fighting who. Plus they're humans and not bad CGI.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I was worried that the start was going to be the standard recap episode, which was odd considering the attenuated length of this series, but it turns out to be a really great episode.

I mean, most of the issues would not have arisen if Alice wasn't such an idiot, but the ending was tense and it wasn't clear what exactly was going to happen. I'm thinking with all the emphasis on the armour timer that Lost Soul ZERO will make an appearance this season.

I did find the fact that the Dragon Knight has a dragon horse thing kind of odd. I was under the impression it rode an actual dragon into battle. Still was cool to see it with the jet engines under the feet. Things like that and that Drill Horse from the first animated series I really like in GARO.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

I only saw the 2nd Transformers movie in the theater. There's a decepticon that looks like a woman and when she transforms you see all the bits really moving like they're part of something folding up. When the cars do it, it's just random bits moving to mask the shape change. It looked horrible. It looked obviously fake, nothing was really coming together.

In Garo, the pieces of armor fall down and hop onto someone and fuse together with a flash. It's pretty clear what's going on and it's detailed enough. It might be low budget but it's straightforward for the most part.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Victormaru wrote:
When did Rei learn the ability to force push with his sword? That could've came in handy a long time ago.
He learned it at the end of Soukoku no maryu, taught by Taiga himself.

Great great episode, it was amazing how the action blended with the plot, character development and so on.

Return to “Zero -Dragon Blood-”