Type: ISFJ Protector

Zero -Dragon Blood- 12 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Alt Title - Oh shit!

Last episode rating: 4.86 /5 (15 votes)

Wow, what an amazing series this has been. I literally kept going "Oh shit!" throughout the episode.

It's one thing to betray characters in a show. TV characters are dumb and miss obvious things. I'm a viewer with near omniscience of their world. To betray a viewer is quite a feat indeed. And I do feel betrayed, but in a good way. They set up my expectations for Alice, made me care for her, and dropped clues to her darker nature, and then stabbed me in the back with how ruthless she truly is. Maybe it's because Rei is our protagonist and we want to see through his eyes, but I still want to see Alice saved or redeemed at the end of this?

Other fantastic moments, Rekka thoroughly beats Edel and it was great. It's interesting that the two people who truly defeat Edel are Makai Priests, not Rei. And they set up Edel to be the last boss, but his defeat and the transference of his status of "last boss" to Alice doesn't feel unnatural at all. Edel mentioning that it was Makai Priests who killed his wife kind of makes this fitting.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Zero -Dragon Blood- 12 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Alice...
Spoiler
You bitch.

Splendid CGI. Amazing as always, Amemiya!!
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Wow. Wow. Alice is kinda crazy after all. I mean, she was always quirky, but to learn that she had been working toward burning the whole world to the ground this entire time? Wow.

I feel like they almost made Alice too clever to be able to systematically hunt down Horrors (in her own way) and stay 5 steps ahead of everyone else, but I did enjoy those new camera angles showing her true reactions to her plans going well.

I yelped when that sword went through Rekka’s stomach/chest area. I had a feeling Rei was taking too long to attack, but I wasn’t expecting a sword to come popping out since the dragon is a weapon in and of itself. Pity I don't think there's a chance of them killing off Rekka, unless they immediately resurrect her with some of that dragon flame given that Alice calls it a flame of rebirth.

I got a bit of a medieval/fairytale vibe from the fight against Loop late in the episode, considering you’ve got a knight on horseback trying to slay a dragon.

Huh, the lyrics from the ED seem a bit on the nose now given the revelation of Alice's plan, what with the references to turning the air to ash, breaking/burning the world, and recreating it. Plus all the flower imagery, given how that seems to set Alice off. (Except for when she's the one crushing the flower underfoot...)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault

Post by takenoko »

Plus the name itself is a reference to Garden of Eden. Zoe is "Eve" in Hebrew I think? And the second part of the title is... Beautiful World.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

holy shit that was such a reversal for this episode. I can't believe Alice was actually thinking about this for a long time. It makes you wonder if she had real feelings for Rei at all.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

I would say that she has, but her lifelong dream come first. She just met Rei after all. You don't give up your dream for someone you just met (and that you were lead to believe was already taken by someone else by the way)
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Well holy shit this was a great one
Spoiler
Alice my god you're a crazy scheming woman, playing everyone the whole time wanting to watch the world burn and that timer is telling us that Rei's lost soul form may be comming Image

and this is it folks the finale is coming
Last edited by Kurokage X on Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

Burn the world into a paradise. Wow! Love it. Just when I let my guards down, a sword pierced through from behind.

Great stuff. And to top off all the awesomeness, they didn't show previews for the next ep. That's brilliant!

Poor Rei, just when he was opening up to someone new, he gets played. And Rekka. A strong 5.
Katiana
Adventure
Favorite series: too many to list
Favorite Band: Eyeshine
My boom: Toku

Post by Katiana »

Loved this episode. Really didn't see Alice turning against everybody coming but it's good when nobody can guess what's supposed to be a big reveal long before it's revealed. I haven't enjoyed a GARO season this much since maybe Makai Senki. I couldn't finish Gold Storm, Makai no Hana was decent and I liked Black Blood but it just doesn't compare to the first two seasons.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Literally perfect episode. Damn Amemiya, where have you been keeping this series cause I want more of it!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault

Post by takenoko »

At this point, Amemiya's directed about half the episodes for Zero -Dragon Blood-. He also directed about half the episodes for original series and Makai Senki. He did a little under half for Makai no Hana. Correlation?
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I wonder if it is time for Rei to tell Alice: "Alice, bang, zoom, to the moon!"
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Holy fuck!! I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. The amount of times I exclaimed OH! was just amazing. I need more of this.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Another 5 score without a doubt and this is now my second favorite show from the Garo series and very close to Makai Senki.

Such an amazing show... this whole time I was 100% that Alice was gonna be Rei's waifu... After what she did to Rekka in this episode... oh my god... I'm not sure if Rei can forgive her.

Poor Rekka... she is my favorite female character and I hope she doesn't die. Alice stabbed her in the knee or it was her leg? anyway looks like she is not going to be able to walk after that.

Alice's goals are just insane... she is not even sure if the world is going to be like that after is burn to ashes by the dragon's fire... it could be just an illusion. She was just a greedy girl in the end.
Final Vent!
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

Perfect episode for sure. This series is equal to Makai Senki/Original I think. THIS IS A DECENT ZERO series i think.

Although Alice turns out to be Bitch in here (and confirm that she become another Mother of Dragons like my wish). I do also think she really have a true feelings for Rei. However Ideology sometimes is a greater things than feeling.

I do feel Alice is very similar to Kaito/Baron in KR Gaim.
Their background is Dark. They have harsh life experience. And then they find what they claim to be their PURPOSE/GOALS/DREAM. To eradicate all the bad things that happend to them & form a new better world.
At least i guess that is their ideology. And they believe it TOTALLY,they even ready to sacrifice themself for it. Why? Coz no matter how crazy/ruthless their plan, they totally BELIEVE it is for The Best!!

Even after what she did, i dont think i can hate Alice, and yes i also still hope she somehow get some redemption in the end. The series really make viewers care for Alice i think.

The backstab thing is indeed a good way, we really feel pity for Rei.
And we also confuse with what+how Rei can handle all of this in the end.

Recca stab also very surprising. I guess Alice do that also becoz she envy/jealous+hate Recca. I dont think Recca will die [would be a SURPRISE if it happends thou]. But perhaps Recca would become permanently injured and passive & just mentor role in the future series. To open a slot for a new female Priest.

Bye bye Edel. Although you are not bad as a Big Boss chara. But yeah you're not THE ONE in here, sorry.
However Zinga+Edel is a decent enemy potray by a good acting from 2 Kamen Rider alumni i think, so Garo indeed make+choose a good actor for good enemy character.

This series is a very FRESH AIR after the last Garo i watch is that BAD Guren no Tsuki.
Hopefully next Garo series have a good quality like this one. Coz once again the standart have being raised by Zero Dragon Blood
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko

Return to “Zero -Dragon Blood-”