Aberration
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Band: Crowded House

Re: Zero -Dragon Blood- 13 released

Post by Aberration »

I really have trouble recognizing Alice's actress between Alice, the dragon knight, and her look in the location featurette. Shows what makeup can do, I guess.

Is Ginga (the horse) dead, or can he be reincorporated somehow?

I really enjoyed how the Heart Destruction form was used here. I was deeply disappointed the last time we saw it, because that wasn't scary at all. Here, they did a good job at making it as impactful and frightening as when it happened to Kouga.

I'm really curious as to whether we'll get a sequel that explains what that seed is and what happens to it.

Question for you all: Do the events of this episode prove that the Makai priests were right to do what they did to the dragons? Or did Loop somehow end up the way he did because the priests were complete assholes? I've been going back and forth over this in my head and I'm really not sure which side I land on. (It also doesn't help that we only have Edel's account of the past to go off of. He could have been telling the truth, but I could also believe that he'd handwave something wrong that his dragon did.)
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

i give the ending 4.
the ending kinda not really finished & rushed. although yes i agree the fight between Loop & Berserk Zero is good. especially when little by little the wolf turns into a dragon as well as he bite loop again & again.
i even do think the Berserk Zero is more fearsome than last time Kouga get berserk.

the ending kinda not ok coz alice change of heart feels to fast. i'm saying about ideology last week, but well its to easy to be shrughed off again i think.

Edel come out kinda Huh?how?why? but well i do sympathize his last question "what am I?". coz based on his story,and POV, the umans & makai priest also do an awful thing to Him & Nova no matter what's the purpose.
btw, again i ask, isn't there any punishment if makai knight kill human/priest?
Spoiler
i do think Kouga got punished go to Maryuu bcoz he kill Sigma. isn't that Rei kill Edel also kinda similar with that case?

Alice is cute somehow & i do like her. but i also do like her cunning smile in the last episode when she fall herself into the well. she fooling us with hopes and etc since the 1st ep. but ya she'll be missed. a good character thou.
Kurehi oh Kurehi, i dunno how to say about you.

great series. Thank you TV Nihon for subbing it. definitely #2 after makai senki.

when will the third anime series being aired? i do like Honoou no Kokuin but HATES guren no tsuki. so i'm kinda curious which way will the 3rd series gonna goes.
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
Gallus Faberge
7X

Post by Gallus Faberge »

Aberration wrote:
Question for you all: Do the events of this episode prove that the Makai priests were right to do what they did to the dragons? Or did Loop somehow end up the way he did because the priests were complete assholes? I've been going back and forth over this in my head and I'm really not sure which side I land on. (It also doesn't help that we only have Edel's account of the past to go off of. He could have been telling the truth, but I could also believe that he'd handwave something wrong that his dragon did.)
The Madou horses are like tools and can be resummoned, but if there is a timer on them we don't know.

We don't know if the makai priests were right in their doing, since the episode rushed past most of the plot concerning loop's character. Alice change of heart was too sudden, and we did not get to see Loop's reaction to it.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

fenrir wrote:
Edel come out kinda Huh?how?why? but well i do sympathize his last question "what am I?". coz based on his story,and POV, the umans & makai priest also do an awful thing to Him & Nova no matter what's the purpose.
btw, again i ask, isn't there any punishment if makai knight kill human/priest?
Spoiler
i do think Kouga got punished go to Maryuu bcoz he kill Sigma. isn't that Rei kill Edel also kinda similar with that case?

I think Rei will get off the hook since Edel kept claiming that he wasn't human. Also since he had all that dark Jagi on him, it would make him like a Horror and since Horrors aren't humans, Rei would get no punishment.
Aberration
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Band: Crowded House

Post by Aberration »

Kouga's journey wasn't a punishment, it was part of the deal that he made with Gajari in order to stop Sigma.

I don't think killing humans is strictly forbidden (Kouga's was SUPPOSED to kill Kaoru without hesitation and I recall him getting nagged about it quite a bit). I figure it's not encouraged, and incidents are probably investigated seriously, but I think it's pretty clear that Rei didn't do anything wrong. (Maybe they could've tried freezing him again, but I think Rekka was still hurt at that point.)

I think the first anime treated killing humans as strictly forbidden, but that's a different canon.
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

i do remember when kouga wanna kill the human that kill/kidnap others just for the food of the horror, fishtank episode perhaps?
at that time he wanna kill that person coz he said he's no better than horror. but i dont remember who & how stop him from doing it
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

The fish episode. I think that Kouga was busy hunting a Horror, that's why he let the guy go. But it's really one of the weaker character moments for Kouga.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So the main thing I don't get, was Alice just a nutjob or did the egg charm her in some way like Master suggested a few episodes ago? And Edel just randomly coming back doesn't really make sense, so I'm just going to pretend Rekka actually killed him (and thank god she lived). Master must be a retired priest, which is nice to finally know after all the hinting for the past 2 Zero series.

Bittersweet ending, but I don't see how they could have done it any other way. It sucks for Rei, but I don't feel like Alice actually had any redeeming qualities. The ending dialogue kind of implied he was a little suicidal, but it only leads the way for positive resolution in another series.

And the Lost Soul appearing was a given considering how the timer was used all season, I just didn't expect it to be his final form. In a way, it reflects the overall ending of the series. Most others have a nice ending and is prefaced by some uber armour powerup. This one is a little darker and the final fight reflects that.

Absolutely great season.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>So the main thing I don't get, was Alice just a nutjob or did the egg charm her in some way like Master suggested a few episodes ago?

I think that was just a red herring. She's clearly the one running the show, with the dragon being just an ends to a means. If Edel and Alice were victims of mind control, I think the whole story would fall apart.

>Master must be a retired priest, which is nice to finally know after all the hinting for the past 2 Zero series.

Didn't he outright say it at some point? I mean, he has a magic compass thing in his bar, so he knows the magics.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Did he say? Every time someone asked him about it I'm pretty sure it was implied, but he always just said he was the bar owner.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Wasn't that his explanation for how he lost his hand? Or am I creating a false memory?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

You might be right. It's been a while since I've watched Black Blood.

Return to “Zero -Dragon Blood-”