Sentai 2017 Trademark revealed - "Uchuu Sentai Kyuuranger"

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
SwordKing
7X

Re: Sentai 2017 Trademark revealed - "Uchuu Sentai Kyuuranger"

Post by SwordKing »

I'm just glad they're putting the full word "Ranger" back in the title. It wasn't a game breaker, but I never cared for the "Just put -ger at the end" trend.
In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two seperate, yet equally important groups: The police, who investigate crimes, and the giant robots, who do battle with the bad guys' giant robots. These are their stories.
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Jehal »

Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Goddammit, 9 of the fuckers and only two fucking girls?!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Green girl is a first though. And Blacks design looks like they are keeping what they tried with Jyo Red Gorilla form.

I've also seen some pictures of the mecha. The toy doesn't look like complete shit for once. I have hopes.
Zychotic
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Inoue Masahiro
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Zychotic »

Lunagel wrote:Goddammit, 9 of the fuckers and only two fucking girls?!
I was surprised when they had a similar thing with Kyoryuger. If you have that many rangers, then why not go for 4 girls? I'm still waiting for the day when they start the season with a female red.

I am looking forward to this series. I think there's a lot they can do with the space theme and I'm interested to see how the 9 ranger dynamic goes.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm sure it has to be a market thing more than anything.
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Jehal »

Catastrophe wrote:Green girl is a first though. And Blacks design looks like they are keeping what they tried with Jyo Red Gorilla form.

I've also seen some pictures of the mecha. The toy doesn't look like complete shit for once. I have hopes.
I've been wanting a female green for a long time now. I don't count Midoninnger, so this has me super excited.
Completed Series

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

I have to say the suits are very interesting. I too think they should put 1 or 2 more girls in the team to offset things a little (who knows, this might happen during the season or might not).
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Thank the heavens they actually included a Romanized version of the series name in one of the posters this year, and we don't have to go through a "How many u's?" debate like last year: Uchu Sentai Kyuranger

Warning: Big image here
Spoiler

The question that really came to my mind upon seeing the full suits, however, was whether or not this is the first Sentai where the suits featured some form of armor-like add-ons. Both Black and Gold have some kind of hard armor pieces that don't appear on the other seven, plus Gold has some Pillsbury Doughboy thing going on with his undersuit. Something else interesting is that the helmets have molded lips without the silver mouth plate, which hasn't happened since Ohranger unless I'm mistaken.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Hmm... raises a ton of questions and eyebrows... and yea I'm, not shocked that there's only two female characters. Disappointed yea but not shocked. At first I thought the team could be zodiac themed, what with Red having a lion on it's helmet, Black a bull, Orange a scorpion, Blue a crab, and Gold a set of scales, as well on the orbs which I imagine will be part of their morphing sequence... But then we have Silver being a cobra, Pink I think a phoenix, Yellow a dolphin, and Green a chameleon. So now I'm not sure if I should make Fourze jokes, or Gekiranger gags.

Then, as pointed out before, just how different some of the suits seem to be between the colors with Gold and Black. So will they be like the Go On Wings and be separate from the main team somehow? Will it end up being the greek zodiac vs less standard zodiac? Should I just fall back on making reference to Fruits Basket?
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger

Post by Lunagel »

mholden020 wrote:Thank the heavens they actually included a Romanized version of the series name in one of the posters this year, and we don't have to go through a "How many u's?" debate like last year: Uchu Sentai Kyuranger
Oh ye of little faith.

Kyuranger's fine, I just have a problem with Uchu cause 宇宙 is うちゅう which is normally romanicized as uchuu
Dragg
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Gym!

Post by Dragg »

Kogashi wrote:Hmm... raises a ton of questions and eyebrows... and yea I'm, not shocked that there's only two female characters. Disappointed yea but not shocked. At first I thought the team could be zodiac themed, what with Red having a lion on it's helmet, Black a bull, Orange a scorpion, Blue a crab, and Gold a set of scales, as well on the orbs which I imagine will be part of their morphing sequence... But then we have Silver being a cobra, Pink I think a phoenix, Yellow a dolphin, and Green a chameleon. So now I'm not sure if I should make Fourze jokes, or Gekiranger gags.

Then, as pointed out before, just how different some of the suits seem to be between the colors with Gold and Black. So will they be like the Go On Wings and be separate from the main team somehow? Will it end up being the greek zodiac vs less standard zodiac? Should I just fall back on making reference to Fruits Basket?
Blue is a wolf, his name is Ookami Blue. Yellow is a swordfish, while Pink is an eagle.

I think their theme is based on constellations. Pink = Aquila, Yellow = Dorado, Blue = Lupus, and Silver could be Ophiuchus.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Lunagel wrote:
mholden020 wrote:Thank the heavens they actually included a Romanized version of the series name in one of the posters this year, and we don't have to go through a "How many u's?" debate like last year: Uchu Sentai Kyuranger
Oh ye of little faith.

Kyuranger's fine, I just have a problem with Uchu cause 宇宙 is うちゅう which is normally romanicized as uchuu
I thought that was strange as well! I was always under the assumption that the second "u" is sounded longer than the first. :|
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Zychotic
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Inoue Masahiro
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Zychotic »

mholden020 wrote:
Lunagel wrote:
Oh ye of little faith.

I thought that was strange as well! I was always under the assumption that the second "u" is sounded longer than the first. :|
Technically it should be written as uchū, where the bar above the "u" makes the "u" sound last a bit longer. Toku shows generally cut off the second vowel when they romanize their names, hence why we get Jyuohger instead of Jyuuohger.
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Jehal »

Completed Series

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”