KyuuRanger Space.01 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:00 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
47%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
17%
☆☆
3%
3%

Total votes: 59
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KyuuRanger Space.01 released

Post by Lunagel »

dancercotillion wrote:At those distances, there can be no parallax, and for all intents and purposes the night sky is a colossal sphere surrounding us with the stars sitting on its surface like sparkles on a soap bubble.
That's the most beautiful simile I've ever heard
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

On the WANTED posters: the weird script seems like a direct cipher to English: "Wanted / Dead or Alive / Kyuranger" (one u) and the bottom part is a bit fuzzy.

The partial name of the poster to the left of the Kyuurangers is ..._auru_ (I don't know the two letters yet).
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Strykor
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkengers
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: Ever have one of those flashbacks...

Post by Strykor »

Yeah, got to give the prop designers a hand for making a written language based on symbols and their position along a wave form... we're gonna drive ourselves nuts on this. As for the poster to the left of the KyuuRanger one, of the seven letters of the name shown, all I got was aguru. I'm still looking to see if the font is available.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I'm looking at the poster from ep 2 and can't see it. Can you post a pic with an explanation of how they map together?
Atragon
Favorite series: Blade/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Magiranger

Post by Atragon »

Wow, that was nice. Interesting begin. Everything was fine, well maybe expect Hame fake-as-hell laugh. I've got high expectations about this show.
Finished series:

KR: V3, Amazon, Black - Zero-One (25 of 30)
Sentai: Sunvulcan, Maskman-Liveman, Jetman-Dairanger, Carranger, Gingaman, Gaoranger to Kiramager. (28 of 44)

Currently watching: Saber, Zenkaiger
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I have to admit, despite this year's Red, I actually liked this a lot more than I did last year's opening. The suits look great, there was a character focused on other than Red, and I like the somewhat space opera atmosphere. That said, there are a few issues I have with it so far, primarily that the Rangers (with the possible exception of Garou) are written to be easily identifiable and distinct, at the expense of being complex or relatable. As well, as though the ratio of boys to girls in the team weren't enough, the way they handled the female characters wasn't perfect either (with one being bubbly and the other not even leaving the ship and fighting yet). Additionally, I have to wonder how, in a galaxy conquered by Jark Matter, there's only one group fighting against them (made up of four members as of the beginning). Despite those points, though, it felt pretty fun, and the mech fight at the end didn't feel forced at all (although I think "Voltron, defender of the Kyuuniverse" is going to become a thing).
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
SwordKing
7X

Post by SwordKing »

Does anyone know what Lucky meant by "Press the d button and guess today's lucky KyuuTama!"? I assume it's something Japanese TVs can do that American models haven't caught up to yet, but I'd like to know more about this.
In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two seperate, yet equally important groups: The police, who investigate crimes, and the giant robots, who do battle with the bad guys' giant robots. These are their stories.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It's the same as the guess the animal game from Jyuohger. I think the d button on the remote activates some kind of interactive thing on Japanese TVs and there's also a button for the four colors on the remote as well, which is how you submit your guess? Luna can explain it better since she lives there.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

SwordKing wrote:Does anyone know what Lucky meant by "Press the d button and guess today's lucky KyuuTama!"? I assume it's something Japanese TVs can do that American models haven't caught up to yet, but I'd like to know more about this.

Certain TV programs are set up in order to receive data back from the TV. You press the d button to inform the TV you want to send data back and then press one or more of the colored buttons to make your choice. It's very common for daily or weekly shows to have a quiz where you get a certain number of points for the correct answer. Get enough points and you can get a small prize or be entered into a drawing for a large prize.

Sentai obviously has been doing the weekly thing for a while. There's a daily morning show called Zip that has a short quiz where you get 10 points for a correct answer but can still get points if you answer like 7 days in a row, regardless of accuracy. There's a program on New Year's Eve that measures the "happiness" of people watching- they show amusing or heartwarming stories from the last year and you press the button to show you enjoyed it. You press multiple times and a little animation appears on the bottom left of the screen. It's very popular, last year they had over 4 billion individual presses in a 2 hour program.

Probably the most well known is Kohaku, where you have two teams and you pick whichever team you prefer and vote for them. Normally you vote twice, once at the intermission and once at the end of the program. This year they had a new system where you vote every two performers and decide which of the two you preferred. This was done in an effort to keep the White team from overwhelming victory as they keep winning because they have all the famous Jonny's members, but caused a bit of brouhaha this year as the audience's vote was largely ignored.
SwordKing
7X

Post by SwordKing »

I don't really like or dislike the ending. But I can see why others don't care for it. The ending reminds me of trying to watch a 360 video on a regular TV screen.
In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two seperate, yet equally important groups: The police, who investigate crimes, and the giant robots, who do battle with the bad guys' giant robots. These are their stories.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

So far, it seems this series gonna be pretty go lu- ...ah. Well, you know.

Right, so I have no complain about the episode. Moving on.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

So I just finished the first episode. I think it was pretty great aside from Lucky saying Lucky all the time. I like the energy that he brings to the team, but he's kind of annoying at the same time. First episode gets a 5/5 from me.

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”