KyuuRanger Space.01 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:00 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
47%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
17%
☆☆
3%
3%

Total votes: 59
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Re: KyuuRanger Space.01 released

Post by TBustah! »

Everyone has already said pretty much everything I thought too, so I won't rehash it. They're really trying something different here, aren't there? It's kind of like GoBuster in that sense, it even came right after an anniversary year.

I don't know what to make of the mecha system that we've seen so far. On the one hand, it's kind of lazy. Red is the center of it, everything else just kind of hangs off of it, and there isn't much of a transformation involved. On the other hand, it's a clean design that doesn't lend itself to cluster****s like we saw in Ninninger and other recent seasons (I'm only ten episodes in to Jyuohger, that's my most recent frame of reference).

That ending is trippy, man. I watched it late at night when I was pretty tired, and I literally got dizzy. Like everything else we've seen, it's different, at least. I just hope that it doesn't give people seizures like another Japanese kids' show did about twenty years ago.
YuushaGamer
Quote: I play to win
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by YuushaGamer »

awesome first episode love the opening! but what the hell is that ending why can't we have a normal one without dancing like they used to do?
twitter: @YuushaGamer
youtube: YuushaGamer
twitch: twitch/YuushaGamer
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Cyborg-Lucario wrote:
takenoko wrote:Huh, I hadn't heard of those aliens before you mentioned them. Considering they draw a lot of inspirations from stuff, I wouldn't be surprised.

You really haven't heard of the grey aliens? One of the most typical alien creatures in popular media?
Oh, right. Just didn't know that's a term that applies to them.
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

Nice first episode. Good pacing and uptempo to start things off.

Not sure if this was mentioned before but:

- Hame looks so much like Gokaiyellow. If Luka was shorter and had dark hair. Twinsies!

- It's been a while since we've seen a sentai team that didn't sit together when the mechs were combined. Not since Go-Busters, I believe.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

ViRGE wrote:
PTM966666 wrote:Lol, evil empire vs the rebellions, I'm smelling Star Wars, even the shogun guy looks like Palpatine.
Oh this season is totally a homage to Star Wars - you've got the names, the look of the big bad, and even the hyperspace effect when they transform - just like Jyuohger was a homage to Minecraft. Now if they actually do anything interesting with it or leave it at a homage, that remains to be seen.
Also, gold robot in end of ep (described
Spoiler
in ending sponsor screen as talkative
) looks and sounds so much like C3PO
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
MagusKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Quote: The whole world is insane, we just have to be sane enough to accept it

Post by MagusKaiser »

I'm liking the feel of the series from the first episode, just hoping the series does things right and flesh out the characters while maintaining a decent story along the way and right away I can tell they learned a few lessons from ninninger geeh probably the Only super sentai I'll never re watch
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

On another matter i was rewatching some of my favorite anime than i suddenly remember last boss of Onepunch man. Picture for attention :P

He was leading a space pirate crew that ruled universe the boss name is Boros and his pirate crew is called.....dun du dun........Dark Matter. Coincidence? Probably but i like to think different :P
aa1874
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: KR Ex-Aid

Post by aa1874 »

Here's my review.

For short, on a scale of Gorenger to Zyuohger... I'll rate this first episode "YOSSHA, LUCKY!!"

But... the subs for the Super Hero Time opening have some mistakes. Like the "Henshin!" sub that uses the Mighty Action X Henshin sub effect (instead of the Mighty Brothers XX one). I hope that you guys fix it in the next episode.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

aa1874 wrote:But... the subs for the Super Hero Time opening have some mistakes. Like the "Henshin!" sub that uses the Mighty Action X Henshin sub effect (instead of the Mighty Brothers XX one). I hope that you guys fix it in the next episode.
Sunuvabitch! I should have keep an eye on the gashat Emu's holding. But... Yeah. Will do that in the next episode.

Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

For a first episode I'm already hooked on this season, and while I'll have to mute Red every dam time till he calms down there is very little i have to complain about this series. But one thing i really really love is the suit design this year, Yellow's visor looks deadly and hopefully will be used as such and Blue is the first ranger suit that i know of that is mostly fur
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

That ending theme. Such trash. Jesus.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

Aeikozz what ep is yourt sig GIF from?

well the red mech is usually the center so i dont know why that was a shock, should be used to it by now. im more interested in how the others link or DONT link with it. it kind of reminded me of the gobots powersuits that combined with a main ship? the courageous and the grungey i think they were called.

perhaps this season will offer up some evil sentai that will be re-occuring like hanaranger or nezirangers. i dont think weve had that in a long time and it would be nice and welcome.
Slazo
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Quote: "Until the last breath leaves my body, I will not stop walking."

Post by Slazo »

Well there was plenty I enjoyed about this episode, but... it kinda all went by too fast? I feel you could have comfortably saved Garou from becoming a ranger along with the "legs" of the mech until the second episode. His whole last of the species and resolving to fight Jark Matter arc just felt really rushed, which is a shame cause I liked his character (though I keep thinking of Kimahri from FFX when I see him...). Lucky needs to stop shouting lucky, though I do enjoy that positivity being the catalyst for change at this early point. As for the rest of the cast, er... Green and Black seem okay, Pink fulfils the role of series guidance counsellor well enough, and I like Yellow's cooking references all the time (I liked Cilan from Pokémon also who did the same shtick) though it would be nice to have anything else to his character. I also like how their mecha limb's attacks all reflected their personality, hopefully that doesn't get tossed aside in later episodes.

I love the opening song and use of music throughout the episode, though the ending theme is kinda lame, and lacks the simple dance for kids to latch onto like they've been doing for years. I also enjoyed all the tech they used, the mechas both as individuals and complete, and the sets and space theme worked well and provided a nice change, espeically as Jyohger never delivered on that whole dual worlds concept. So I liked what I saw, but with the show jamming the accelerator so hard in every aspect bar revealing the villains (thankfully), I wonder when we'll ever to dive deeper into the actual characters. 3 stars from me, though I think the show'll get better as it progresses.

also hi first post woo been using TV-N since Wizard / Kyou, should've joined the forums sooner but... welp >_>
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

midorininger wrote:Aeikozz what ep is yourt sig GIF from?
Aeikozz's GIF signature is from the footage of Gokaiger episode 1.

dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Greenstalker wrote: Still keyword in here is from earths view point and 88 constellations dates back to ancient greek they were named from their shape in the sky still does not justify another being from lets say leo constellation would call them same thing as terrans he wont see stars at same perspective either. They wouldn't even seen same from moon yet alone mars on our own solar system.
Er, you're not wrong about how the constellations break down once you leave our solar system, but the constellations are the same at any point within our solar system. The distances from our star to any other boggle the mind, and at that scale everything within the solar system is a single point. Constellations don't look different as we orbit the sun, for instance, we just see different ones because "night" is now facing what was "day" six months earlier. So, Orion and Cassiopeia are still Orion and Cassiopeia on the moon, and on Mars, even hanging out on Pluto.

To be a little more explainy, our sun is 98 million miles/157 million kilometers away from Earth. That's enough distance it takes light, something we widely consider instantaneous on Earth, almost eight and a half minutes to reach us. The next closest star is the Alpha Centauri system; it's over four years away at lightspeed. At those distances, there can be no parallax, and for all intents and purposes the night sky is a colossal sphere surrounding us with the stars sitting on its surface like sparkles on a soap bubble.

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”