KyuuRanger Space.01 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:00 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
47%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
17%
☆☆
3%
3%

Total votes: 59
Greenstalker
Mega

Re: KyuuRanger Space.01 released

Post by Greenstalker »

takenoko wrote:>Ok I understand why people feel negative about Lucky not knowing Jark Matter but seriously these guys are all over the milky way galaxy we are talking about millions of star systems in here i don't think it is plausible to assume they conquered every bit of it.

The opening narration says every constellation system was conquered. It'd be like you flying around on your airplane and missing out on the fact that world war 3 broke out. Maybe that's possible, but it's highly improbable? Especially if you need to stop for food or stay on civilized planets. It doesn't seem like Lucky has the resources on his little bike to just camp out or rough it on uncolonized areas of space.
Well before nitpicking Lucky's ignorance I would nitpick why they are called constellations in the first place. We call them constellations because that is how they look like from earth but even from moon they look completely different not to mention milky way's different places sees these constellations entirely differently. Also just because a country conquered your country does not mean every village heard the news or invading soldiers reached there especially we are talking about galactic scales in here. The planets that fighting are breaking right now are proof that the Jark Matter didn't completed invasion yet just got key planets or system in the constellations. Not to mention they didn't surprised that Lucky doesn't know about Jark Matter which means the invasion is recently happened.
Last edited by Greenstalker on Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zenuku5
Infinity
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Kurenai Wataru
Favorite Actor?: Koji Seto
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Let's make this showy!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Zenuku5 »

Sinkuu wrote:is it me or does raptor remind of a cross between candelilia and luckyuro from Kyoryuger?
Huh...kinda does.
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

This sentai would be the highest budget Toei ever made, with the help of Bandai America
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Greenstalker wrote:Well before nitpicking Lucky's ignorance I would nitpick why they are called constellations in the first place. We call them constellations because that is how they look like from earth but even from moon they look completely different not to mention milky way's different places sees these constellations entirely differently. Also just because a country conquered your country does not mean every village heard the news or invading soldiers reached there especially we are talking about galactic scales in here. The planets that fighting are breaking right now are proof that the Jark Matter didn't completed invasion yet just got key planets or system in the constellations. Not to mention they didn't surprised that Lucky doesn't know about Jark Matter which means the invasion is recently happened.
I enjoyed the episode and thought it was mostly good, but that doesn't mean it's above some criticism. Lucky being ignorant of Jark Matter just feels really forced. They obviously needed a character so that they can explain the narrative to someone, and they decided to do that with Lucky. It just leans too much on tell rather than show for me, and it makes Lucky seem ignorant in the process. I think that's a flaw in the writing, which is probably the weakest part of the series that we've seen so far. We can both take hypothetical guesses about how the galaxy is set up in KyuuRangers, but there's no way of knowing the situation until they reveal it in later episodes.
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C16sOeDVEAE8JHl.jpg:orig

sorry for the disturbance, but isn't it "Say The Change"

Just like:
Ninja Ichibantou - "The Henge"
Ninja StarBurger - "The Change"
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Actually, the first draft of it was say the change, but that didn't really make any sense. They don't speak into their transformation devices and I'm pretty sure they don't shout "Change!". It's Seiza Change, seiza being the Japanese word for Constellation, the theme of this show. Also, I think the device they use to transform is called the Seiza Blaster, is it not?

I think it's a little confounded later because there definitely is like a weapon or toy where the "za" is a "the" though, but I definitely feel like it has to be Seiza Change as the correct translation. But who knows, maybe it's meant to be a pun?
Gekija
Number 6
Number 6

Post by Gekija »

The first episode of KyuuRanger is really cool ! My favorite first Super Sentai episode since the first episode of Ninninger !
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i wonder how FAR away from earth they are? like are they so far away that not even the Gokaiger have traveled to where they are? those wanted posters in the bar, youd think youd see a sentai face but nope!

and what of the 230+ heroes on earth? NONE of them were able to protect our precious blue orb?

all in all i liked it. i get what they said about bigger scale and i hope they can pull off this space odyssey feel they are going for. and i have a disturbing feeling mr red ranger will be spouting lucky a lot so hang in their guys.

while not as dangerous as lion ha-oh, as takaharu should have died countless time, these cockpits while creative dont seem very safe, or protective.

also no team role call, i dont think raptor knows she is a member, weird ass orion-gou, and lets hope they can keep it up.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

They can't be that far out. I don't think the Leonid meteor cluster that Lucky rides on exists outside this solar system. I know this because the moon told me:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonids
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DekaBreak »

Can I ask why Uchuu was translated as galaxy for this episode? Because as far as other shows go, Uchuu refers to Universe/Cosmos, and Ginga means galaxy, as in Ultraman Ginga or Gingaman.
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

Yeah, isn't Uchuu space? As in Uchuu Keiji - Space Sheriff?
kevinlafriday
Infinity

Post by kevinlafriday »

I personally think a chaotic introduction episode isn't going well with me. I would prefer to see a real background story and not monsters and rangers alike rampaging without aim. I just hope the show won't sacrifice story just for the sake of getting all 9 rangers quickly. Please no.

I have nothing against the fighting sequence, I think it's visually interesting for me.
And for the red ranger. Hhhh, why do I get illusions of Takaharu all over again? Is it the catchphrase? Is it his loud personality? Is it his ranger color?

Overall, I gave it a 3
....and "Regulus Impact"? I feel like I heard it somewhere else. Is it Fairy Tail's Leo? Meh
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

I have my doubts about this series. The opening and closing themes aren't very good compared to past generations. I think things will get too chaotic with nine rangers all at once because there may not be enough personal episodes for them.

The mech sucks because it gives the bad guys five easy targets to hit. It also looks like the mech is on the short side based on how large the cockpits are. I have a bad feeling that the mech mess will only get bigger and gaudier like in Go-Onger.

Names are also lame because some of the other rangers just have the representation of their constellation. Hammy is cute in all, but annoying and 283, lame name unless you use the wiki, might be the tough mother of the group and not a happy companion. At least Garu is cool because he reminds me of Doggie Kruger from Power Rangers SPD in the fact that he's the last of his kind, let's hope not, and a proud warrior who needed a boost to get back in the action.

One cool thing I did find was that the first villain is a Sagittarius like me.
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

DekaBreak wrote:Can I ask why Uchuu was translated as galaxy for this episode? Because as far as other shows go, Uchuu refers to Universe/Cosmos, and Ginga means galaxy, as in Ultraman Ginga or Gingaman.
I agree because I've seen other translated series and they always was Uchuu is space and Ginga mean galaxy. I know some translations are kanji based, but you did say the episode is KyuuRanger Space.01.
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

Am I the only one that thinks the SeizaBlaster should be SeizaShooter? (or is Japan as gun sensitive as the US?)

Jam packed of effects that it all is colorful indifferential noise. This maybe a BAD thing if the show keeps this up and all the explosive sound effects, yelling, and DEFINITELY BACKGROUND MUSIC.

Which this would relegate to me simply putting this on another monitor while my TV shows my main work/play on display (and for a family with kids, that would definitely add to the TURN IT DOWN KIDS, or again, relegating to background while the kids/parents/both do something else - SUCH AS PLAY ON THEIR MOBILE PHONE FOLLOWUP FOR THE SHOW!!!!) /s

Another oddball obvious, that Lucky mentioned that Black is working out with that weight. HE COULD BE RECALIBRATING HIS STENGTH THROUGH CONVERGING REPETITIONS FOR HIS DATA YOU RACIST! (because servos, actuators, motors wear over time and a new base line needs to be set to continue precision operations)

And.... Crab ice cream, egg, wilted sprouts, and..... colored spaghetti?

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”