Ratings Poll: Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

How are you finding KyuuRanger?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:03 pm

☆☆☆☆☆ A Lucky Star
27%
☆☆☆☆ Better than Michelin
19%
☆☆☆ Three Stars
19%
☆☆ Binary Star
23%
☆ Death Star
13%

Total votes: 48
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Re: Ratings Poll: Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger

Post by kangchan »

1/5 for this show

-One of worst Sentai ever, better than Ninninger in plot, but bad in villain. Although story of Ninninger is quite simple, but Kyuemon is fun villain, had the development in his motivation. About Kyuranger? We just know Don Armage is immortal creatures and nothing about him. The only interest villain in this series is Scorpio, because he is portrayed by human. However, his role is not many and died early before the first half series.

-Bad acting, from Lucky, Stinger, Naga, Hame... The best acting is Kotaro and Spada, but they didn't have spotlight as Lucky and Stinger had.

-The doll / robot members is wasted in this series. Balance, Raptor is fun characters and attract me than human-character.

-Story is about Space, but Earth still get important in this series. Not discover space at all.

-Lucky is the main problem, with bad personality, annoyed catchphrases. Comparing with Takaharu, he is the same.

-This series look like a copy-version of One Piece, but not has anything good as One Piece has.

After Toqger, in my opinion, no series got the good-quality at all.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm really thinking we should close this poll and open a new poll now that the series is done. This way the only votes that go into the poll are from people who have had a chance to watch the entire series.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

People can always change their votes. I think the poll will be up for like a month after the last episode ends.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:10 am People can always change their votes. I think the poll will be up for like a month after the last episode ends.
I'm mostly thinking of votes from half-way through the series where people then stopped and haven't yet returned.
dryedmangoez
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by dryedmangoez »

Loved the season. One of my favorites.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

The final score for me is 3/5 it was decent but not great.... Tsurugi and Stinger were the best characters.
Final Vent!
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

overall a 4 from me that is very close to a 3 i think show really started after they found Tsurugi and after that point it became a decent show and last parts of the show although a bit cliche were done well enough to save the series but start was not that great it was not too bad for me but it is a fact they struggled. One thing I thought while watching it they could start with all 9 and give flashback episodes about how each member met in every two or three episode we still don't know how Hame, Spada and Champ met for example or how they met with Raptor.
Final Finish
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim,Ex
Favorite Actor?: Henry Cavill
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by Final Finish »

Well, this is one of my favorite super sentai series(4th to be exact) and believe me I've watched 23 sentai shows, so that says something. There were a lot of good things to enjoy in this show.Now, my only problem with Kyuranger is that even though it's supposed to be a serious season, it sometimes becomes too goofy like the Spada playing baseball episode.But overall this is a really good season that I miss after its finished(though lupin vs pat is really good). For me its a 4.88 out of 10.00.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

This is the average rating of Kyuranger for 48 episodes: 3% (lowest 2%, highest 3.9%). This marks Kyuranger is the lowest rating series in Super Sentai history (before is Zyuohger with 3.4%). I found it on Rangerboard.

Moreover, this is toy sales of Super Sentai in 12 years recently:

Kyuranger not only has worst rating, but also not good in toy sales (although better than Ninninger and Zyuohger), but still lower than Kyoryuger, ToQger...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

LOL, it's almost as if the series started sucking after Toqger ended. I hope Lupin VS Pat can turn that bad history around.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Kyoryuger wins again baby!
Snarkwing
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by Snarkwing »

That sales record looks worse when you remember just how many different items Kyuranger put on the market, as well. More than Ninninger did. That per-unit sales record has to be utterly terrible, since by comparison every other low-selling super sentai series had far smaller merchandising lines.
if memory serves, weren't they expecting 14-15 billion yen in sales from that series?

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”