KyuuRanger Space.04 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:21 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
38%
☆☆☆☆
38%
☆☆☆
16%
☆☆
3%
6%

Total votes: 32
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Re: KyuuRanger Space.04 released

Post by TBustah! »

dancercotillion wrote:Shou Lonpo (yay!) is very obviously a future Kyuuranger, he's got that sweet staff which looks like it's probably a changer or a KyuuTama-accepting weapon of some sort.
Will there be more heroes, though? Maybe that's kind of a stupid question seeing as the only show in the last quarter century not to add more later was GoGoV, but the name of the show is Kyuuranger, after all. Plus, this iteration is so unusual, breaking from many series traditions that I wouldn't be suprised if they decided eight nine was enough.

I could be completely wrong, of course. Does "kyuu" have any meanings other than "nine"? Maybe it's sort of a reverse Dekaranger, here... we think it's the number, but it has some other meaning.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Kyuu has a lot of different meanings. There's 九, 急, 旧, 球, 級, 宮, 弓, 灸 and 給 and those are just the ones with individual meanings, there are many more compound words with this pronunciation. If it's an individual word, then 九 (nine) 急 (quick/emergency) are the most common, but I wouldn't count out 球 which can mean sphere.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Just their catchphrase has three instances of Kyuu. KyuuNin no KyuuKyoku no KyuuSeishu. In that they're parts of words "9", "ultimate", and "savior". And the component kanji for them means "research" and "teach".

In KyuuRangers, probably kyuu for 9, so NineRangers?

But yeah, here it's mostly used for Kyuu/Orb. So it puns as OrbRangers as well.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

takenoko wrote:Just their catchphrase has three instances of Kyuu. KyuuNin no KyuuKyoku no KyuuSeishu. In that they're parts of words "9", "ultimate", and "savior". And the component kanji for them means "research" and "teach".

In KyuuRangers, probably kyuu for 9, so NineRangers?

But yeah, here it's mostly used for Kyuu/Orb. So it puns as OrbRangers as well.
I doubt it is ninerangers for various reasons. One being there is 88 constellation just limiting the team for the starting party seems a waste (granted it is a bigger party than usual) but we had 10 rangers before (and it was actually 15 if we count different people donning same colors) so I wouldn't be surprised if a kyouryuger type of leader got a kyuutama which he handed to someone later type of situation happens in here.

Orb rangers makes sense since they take power from orbs but it seems too undermining and there is an easy way to find out which kanji is used in kyuurangers name?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

There are nine members in the KyuuRangers. Kyuu is nine in Japanese. It's not rocket science.

It's a pun, it can have multiple meanings. And there isn't a kanji for KyuuRangers, it's written in katakana. That's why it's open to interpretation.
\gee
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Favorite series: ¯\(°_o)/¯
2nd Favorite Series: ¯\(°_o)/¯
Dreamy: ¯\(°_o)/¯
Favorite Actor?: ¯\(°_o)/¯
Favorite Band: ¯\(°_o)/¯
My boom: ¯\(°_o)/¯
Quote: ¯\(°_o)/¯

Re: KyuuRanger Space.04 released - Shitpost Alert

Post by \gee »

Greenstalker wrote:I doubt it is ninerangers for various reasons. One being there is 88 constellation just limiting the team for the starting party seems a waste (granted it is a bigger party than usual) but we had 10 rangers before (and it was actually 15 if we count different people donning same colors) so I wouldn't be surprised if a kyouryuger type of leader got a kyuutama which he handed to someone later type of situation happens in here.

Orb rangers makes sense since they take power from orbs but it seems too undermining and there is an easy way to find out which kanji is used in kyuurangers name?
Uchuu in Fourze meant Awesome and Sentai means Sentai and Kyuu is obviously Q so the show is obviously Awesome Sentai QRangers. The 88 constellation thing just means there will probably be 88 rangers.

Also I'd like to note that every series in the last 20 years has had extra rangers, so I can safely guarantee Kyuuranger will have extras as well. This defeats the "Kyuu is Nine" argument because there will be more than 9.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

There's definitely gonna be more rangers later on but that doesn't change the fact that they started out with 9.

Like takenoko said, it's a pun with multiple meanings.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

\gee wrote:
Greenstalker wrote: Also I'd like to note that every series in the last 20 years has had extra rangers, so I can safely guarantee Kyuuranger will have extras as well.
Again, not GoGoV (1999). Its PR adaptation added a sixth, but the original sentai only had five. A cherry-picked example, perhaps, but it merits a mention... especially since that show also had the number of heroes in its title.

At any rate, I was never suggesting that the title proves that there will only be nine. If anything, I'll be surprised if they don't add more. I'm just saying that there are already WAY more than the average, and this show is bucking tradition so much as it is.

They've also got their work cut out for them developing the nine that they already have, but then again, when was the last time Toei wasted time developing a character when they could have been hawking toys?
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

I'll give you that for the awkward timing.

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”