KyuuRanger Space.04 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:21 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
38%
☆☆☆☆
38%
☆☆☆
16%
☆☆
3%
6%

Total votes: 32
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: KyuuRanger Space.04 released

Post by Kurokage X »

Aberration wrote:I don't see how Naga's bad jokes are worse than Lucky's. With Naga, there are different facets to explore as he adds new emotions to his playbook. With Lucky, the joke is that everything goes his way, which is the antithesis of drama.
At least for Lucky this episode he severely tones down his catchphrase to 3 or 4 times, hopefully it's tone down to when it's needed or for at least one episode not saying it at all
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

As much as I love sci-fi, what is the difference between a robot, an android, and a mechanical life form?
Aberration
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Band: Crowded House

Post by Aberration »

An android is a robot designed to pass as a human, so those two terms shouldn't be interchanged.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

takenoko wrote:As much as I love sci-fi, what is the difference between a robot, an android, and a mechanical life form?
Robots are machines through and through. Androids are machines designed to resemble humans. As for mechanical life forms, think along the lines of Transformers.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

personally i would think this is the BEST episodes so far. and its a great way to make Raptor become Washi Pink.
Mao Ichimichi did a good job in represent Raptor i think..... in here she's sooooo diffrent with Luka Milfy confident & tricky personality.
hopefully raptor can be a strong pink like shinken&bouken pink.

good for share some spotlight into Spada as well. Hame don't laugh but she's having an ok role in this episode (minus where is she when the robo fight???).
sadly just 5 member thou. but i'm still ok, at least it could be say Balance, who can talk with machine try to set up the LINK between ORION& the belt. and he needs naaga to help him, coz they are a combi& understand each other more than anyone else in the team.

Shou Lonpou, good for you to keep being weird & crazy, but hopefully, somewhere out of nowhere you can be WISE as well ---> please make people can't predict your action & behavior in each episodes, it would make the show more interesting i guess.

Spoiler
as for Stinger, i do hope in 5th episodes he just gonna do a temporary join force but not yet join the team. as i said last week, i still hope Stinger would join in 12th episode at least. but if the 5th episode can give his reason & backstory a decent plot, i would be ok if he join next episode..... although i dont see Champ & him will be a buddy soon. ----> perhaps would be better if in 30th episode they still unfriendly to each other and it will get Character focus in these 2 relationship.

Yuka Kubota appear again YEAH!!!. He's good when become Kakashi in Garo, done a GOOD job in becoming Takatora in KR Gaim, now how will he represent the chara in Super Sentai. ---> if he did it agaian, then he's done succesful in 3 major Toku genre, what next? Ultraman???
Last edited by DaVinci030 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spoiler tagged
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

Coincidentally, Raptor 283/WashiPink was voiced by Mao Ichimichi who previously played Luka Millfy/GokaiYellow, I wonder if there is a future episode/special where Kyurangers were go back to the past or Gokaigers travelled the future (although the timeline is possibly distant future)

As for the story, it seems like Earth was on post-apocalyptic period, wow I guess they successfully conquer the Earth. I mean if the Earthlings fought back they will suffer more (ARE THEY DUMB?!)

It seems Raptor is very creative in making fanfictions because of her delusions and dreams.

What happen to the Super Sentai (From Goranger to Zyuohger) on that timeline, aren't they supposed to protect that?!

Suppose to be they will travel each planets to get rid of the Moraimarz (I don't know the spelling) and its governors, but Earth has a lot more. I guess they will stay there for the whole series (since Gokaigers)

For Henshin lesson, KajikiYellow x WashiPink (GokaiYellow)

Lastly, what does Jark Matter mean "secret" here on Earth? Probably, this is the main base or something more valuable. (Time will tell for sure)

Spoiler
Next Episode, 9 KYURANGERS ASSEMBLED!!! Hopefully Stinger and Champ will get along, despite of their bitter past
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

Another, about the Kyuulette. As we all know that the first 9 Kyurangers are all core members and they will limit into a 5-man team to deploy each episode.
Maybe, they will form 5 colors for the future series, also recalls from previous series as well.
Red and Blue will always be there, the rest of others is random.
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

Hoshinger wrote:Is anyone bothered by the fact that Earth went to Hell? There are over two hundred Super Sentai veterans and dozens of Kamen Riders to defend the planet and yet Earth fell. What happened to the fighting spirit? This is the problem with summer movies because certain details aren't even touched until you see the team up. Did something really messed up happen and things are worse than after The Great War?
Maybe most people are busy combating Game Syndrome and the rest are trying to hide the Jyumans from the invaders?
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

I've been pondering the question regarding where all the previous sentai's are and i came up with two possible theories. 1st) The previous sentai team (as it's been many years apparently between each season in storyline) fought Jark Matter and lost getting stomped badly thus causing the populace to become frightened by Jark Matter hence their reaction to the Kyuurangers. 2nd) the previous sentai fought their villain team but to no avail but the red, frustrated by the losses suffered and losing team-members managed to take down the big bad but instead of defeating them, he took over in the hopes of putting the world into a believed safe space, thus creating Jark Matter. I doubt either of these will be true but still it's a nice idea
Last edited by Eternal_Winterbane on Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

lol, Jack Matter.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

redfarmer wrote:The show's been decent up to this point and I enjoyed Raptor's plot, but I found the idea that, with a nine person team, they can only use five at a time to be insulting and lazy to the max, especially since
Spoiler
we clearly see in the preview that, next week, all nine of them are together at the same time
. What's even the point of having a nine-member team if you're going to come up with lazy stuff like this. I'm hoping it improves in the coming weeks, but I just found the fact that Balance and Naga had to stay behind on the ship because reasons to be so distracting I could barely pay attention.
whos to say they will kyulette every week? shou loupon definately knows more than he let's on. of that im sure.
however ... didnt anyone notice? Red, Blue, Yellow, Black and Green went to earth and met the pink member? while silver and gold stayed behind? the normally core colors went to meet the last normally core colored member. while silver and gold, the 6th ranger color, typically, they stayed behind?

and also, hey raptor you PINK android, go get peaches aka momo aka pink in pink colored cans! puns everywhere!

finally, yes i agree where are the 235+ hereos who watch the earth? they could have gotten food from abaranger's place ... but they didnt have a pink .... gold sushi? nah, balance wasnt around ...
GOT IT! Ryo! Ryuuranger. his DREAM was to make the worlds best gyuza, which would fit the episode, AND as a vetern sentai member who's team had a pink who could have been present but even if not ... the star ranger team meeting the constellation team would make sense, and here, guiding them to resolve an issue would have worked!
aa1874
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: KR Ex-Aid

Post by aa1874 »

lostinbrave wrote:Was I the only one who paused the video to read what she wrote?
Me too!

Spoiler

Btw I hope the Kyurangers stayed on Earth for a short time. I don't want Kyuranger to be Another Gokaiger (where they came from space only to stay on, and save the, earth)
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

takenoko wrote:lol, Jack Matter.
I honestly hadn't realised I had mis-heard the name xD Corrected to fit the proper name
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I'm trying to like KyuuRanger. I really am. All of the ingredients are there. But it's just not congealing yet; it hasn't hooked me.

Someone else mentioned the characters were a lot better this week, and that's absolutely the case. Extreme personality quirks were tempered (save Pink) and while Lucky was still front and center, he learned how to speak like a human.

But then we had Kyuulette, and I just had to facepalm. I appreciate the lampshading here - the writers are being honest that they can't do more than a 5-man team every week - but it doesn't change the fact that instead of a clever workaround for budget problems, they're just throwing their hands in the air. Lack of budget I can appreciate, lack of effort I cannot.

And while I'm not a fan of having so many foam rubber suit characters, credit to both the suit actor for Raptor and for MAO for acting the hell out of this episode. It can't replace a proper face, but it's seriously one of the best suit-focused episodes in quite some time. On which note, I would have never known it was MAO if not for the fact that it's on the Wiki. Raptor doesn't sound like (or at least doesn't register as sounding like) Luka at all.:o

On the plus side, the warp gag was surprisingly good. Shou's goggles were amusing, and even with the compositing it looks like everyone got filmed up on wires, which is a surprising amount of effort to put in for such a short gag. I'm not sure what Pink's mecha is supposed to be on KyurenOh though. Outside of the finisher, they aren't really in the form of any kind of weapon...
takenoko wrote:I also didn't like the fact that the people of Earth hated the KyuuRangers. Show, don't tell. Maybe instead of hearing about Jark Matter roughing you up, show it to the audience?
That threw me off as well. How are they suffering? The governor was already eating the kids' dreams. It was not at all clear how this was any worse than the status quo.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Kamen Rider Gumo wrote:
Hoshinger wrote:Is anyone bothered by the fact that Earth went to Hell? There are over two hundred Super Sentai veterans and dozens of Kamen Riders to defend the planet and yet Earth fell. What happened to the fighting spirit? This is the problem with summer movies because certain details aren't even touched until you see the team up. Did something really messed up happen and things are worse than after The Great War?
Maybe most people are busy combating Game Syndrome and the rest are trying to hide the Jyumans from the invaders?
A few of the pre-series synopsis mentioned this series taking place way into the future but never specified a year. Even so, the same "where are the veterans?" question could be posed for every single series after Gorenger.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”