KyuuRanger Space.04 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:21 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
38%
☆☆☆☆
38%
☆☆☆
16%
☆☆
3%
6%

Total votes: 32
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Re: KyuuRanger Space.04 released

Post by TBustah! »

If Gokaiger and Fourze had a baby, and then that baby raided Uncle Dekaranger's closet, you'd have this show.

Speaking of Gokaiger, Ichimichi Mao is Raptor's seiyuu, huh? I never would have guessed, she sounds nothing like her. I'm with Takenoko (who I believe mentioned this before, and I noticed it myself this time around after seeing the splash), it sucks that they're not giving these guys credit in the opening. We're not talking about annoying sidekick characters that nobody really cares about here, these are legit, no-one-questions-it members of the team. The splash was a nice gesture.

Is General Spyro gonna throw a rave every time they have this lottery? I didn't hate it this time, but it could get old after a while.

Speaking of him, I wonder if all of the other members of Rebellion are based on video game characters? I'm serious, here. He (I seriously forget his name, I've just been calling him "General Spyro") looks a lot like Spyro, and I wouldn't be surprised if Raptor was loosely based on the Inklings from Splatoon. There's even a pink one, and they all have those domino masks that could have translated to her glasses. Nintendo's IP has been a hot item these last couple years, and Spyro has gotten a lot more attention lately because of Skylanders, is it really so strange to think that Toei is looking at current trends as they always have? It could be a recurring motif, but only time will tell as more of them are revealed.

I didn't find Lucky all that annoying before, but yeah, he really rubbed me the wrong way in this one. I don't mind his character, I just wish they'd tone him down a bit. Do they have a Ritalin Kyuutama? Because that's the one you need.
Last edited by TBustah! on Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Thanks for the compliments about the splash. I think it's awesome that people are still making those for us after all these years, and we get some quite good ones. If you like their work, definitely check out their deviant art and tumblr pages.
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

This episode was pretty good. I liked the development of Raptor.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
MagusKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Quote: The whole world is insane, we just have to be sane enough to accept it

Post by MagusKaiser »

I honestly liked the episode plus I liked raptor's fighting style even though it was her first real fight , and I have to agree wtf happened to earth, as someone else mentioned where are all the riders and sentai teams even other non rider and sentai hero's could've helped so what happened exactly?
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

takenoko wrote:As much as I love sci-fi, what is the difference between a robot, an android, and a mechanical life form?
I know people answered this questions but let me get a little deeper.

Robots are machines that are programmed to do one job or act on a basic Artifical Inteligence on a specific job like transporting, grinding or assembling etc. Most of the robots you see on shows that act like humans are actuall androids.

Androids or droids (or in some cases robots as in 'I, robot') have a mroe advanced A.I. that works in a way to imitate normal humans. In other word androids are more complex robots that can imitate humans to the emotional level which is Raptor, r2-d2, c3p0 etc.

Cyborgs, biodroids, bionics are humans that got some sort of prosthetic limb or organ that replicates original organs functions and most of the times performs beyond human levels. As long as brain mostly stays intact and comes from a living organisms, it counts as one of these. IIRC first kamenriders fall in this category since their bodies modified with robotic enhancements i might be wrong though the enhancement needs to me mechanical not genetic.

Mechanical life forms well this is a little hard to explain. to put it simply life on earth is based on carbon since it is easiest to make changes on and one of vast source of element however this does not need to be case in other star systems. A lifeform is something naturally occurs over a long time. Mechanical lifeform is actually a wrong term correct one should be metallic lifeform since moving your body around is basically a mechanical movement. In anyway these are sentient beings that are not based on carbon and most probably based on a metal or silicon (silicon is closest element to carbon that might have a lifeform if the circumstances would be present) so these are a bit unique compared to other entries i the list. as someone pointed out transformers are prime example of mechanical lifeforms.

Champ in here is more of an android than a robot but i guess they just wanted to fit in a different type in the mix. Raptor might be a cyborg or bioroid depending on her behavior model it fits to her better.
Strykor
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkengers
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Quote: Ever have one of those flashbacks...

Post by Strykor »

Looking at the world map at 4:18, I wouldn't be surprised that Jark Matter is using 1 Moraimaazus for every
Spoiler
2 Sentai. (Like that was ever a secret to us.) It might be 1:1, but I think the 2:1 ratio will get us off Earth faster.
Dragg
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Gym!

Post by Dragg »

takenoko wrote:
Dragg wrote:Also, after reading the previous threads: Why are people having an issue over Naga's acting?
Because it's so awkward to listen to and there are examples of alien species who don't have emotion who do it so much better. It's also played up for bad jokes like Naaga getting the emotions confused and having the wrong expression on his face. It's something that makes the writing, directing, and acting all seem misguided, because it completely throws me out of the moment each time.
But isn't that how it's supposed to be like when you're trying to learn something and you put it into practice? You're not always going to be suddenly good at it on the first few tries.
Like for example, if I'm trying to learn ice skating or skateboarding, it's gonna look really awkward for people watching me and there's a really high chance that I'm going to make mistakes.

TBustah! wrote:it sucks that they're not giving these guys credit in the opening. We're not talking about annoying sidekick characters that nobody really cares about here, these are legit, no-one-questions-it members of the team.

They are actually credited, just not on the same scene where their characters show up, for some reason. The costumed character's voice actors are credited after they show Shou Ronpou in the opening. It's even a slight spoiler on this episode since it shows that Mao voices both Raptor and Washi Pink. lol

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

He's not learning to talk. He's learning about emotions. I mean, maybe his species is less intelligent as well as not having emotions?

Real life people with no emotions don't talk ponderously. They have problems with higher level cognition like acting socially appropriate and so on.
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

i do expect we kinda overexpected about this show, coz certainly after Go-Buster & Gaim i think TOEI try to make the series both Kamen Rider & Super Sentai less less serious & just more focus in pleasing the child/teenager market.

i do think almost all of us in here watch the Toku shows at least since Deka/Gokai, and perhaps mostly all of us around 18 years old & above. That's is also why we can analyze & comments about the show more deeply compare to the happy lucky child (which actually the target market of this show in Japan).

in terms of Toei & Kyulette, well ya i kinda dissapointed as well. if they just gonna limit it to 5 every week. i mean, at least they can make it like 3 people injured so other have to go. or let say 2 MOTW rampaging so they have to deploy into 2 group (in 2 episodes). well they can do that right??
even if Toei only want to focus in RED RANGER, Lucky now have Gemini kyuutama, let him be in both group in TOEI insist.

i mean, well by doing that you can make 5ranger every week with a better logic rather than just with a joke about the expense ( although i like that joke actually). but at least people can appreciate it more if they do that right?
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
sentaidragon
Go Go!
Favorite series: kamen rider
2nd Favorite Series: sentai
Dreamy: all girls :p
Favorite Actor?: i have more than one
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by sentaidragon »

Greenstalker wrote:
Mechanical life forms well this is a little hard to explain. to put it simply life on earth is based on carbon since it is easiest to make changes on and one of vast source of element however this does not need to be case in other star systems. A lifeform is something naturally occurs over a long time. Mechanical lifeform is actually a wrong term correct one should be metallic lifeform since moving your body around is basically a mechanical movement. In anyway these are sentient beings that are not based on carbon and most probably based on a metal or silicon (silicon is closest element to carbon that might have a lifeform if the circumstances would be present) so these are a bit unique compared to other entries i the list. as someone pointed out transformers are prime example of mechanical lifeforms.

Champ in here is more of an android than a robot but i guess they just wanted to fit in a different type in the mix. Raptor might be a cyborg or bioroid depending on her behavior model it fits to her better.

well, you can say, that the transformers are mechanical lifeforms, right? :)
and raptor... for me, she's an android, because it's said she was "build" to pilot orion and being a secretary... so that makes her a android, not a cyborg, 'cause she has no biological parts... i guess xD
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

sentaidragon wrote:
Greenstalker wrote:

well, you can say, that the transformers are mechanical lifeforms, right? :)
and raptor... for me, she's an android, because it's said she was "build" to pilot orion and being a secretary... so that makes her a android, not a cyborg, 'cause she has no biological parts... i guess xD
we don't know if she has a biological part or not all we are told she was built that way and she assumes she malfunctions the thing with A.I. though it can't malfunction like that (I am working as a automation expert in a factory so this is a little sensitive topic for me :P) a malfunction indicates that she couldn't perform her primary objectives but she can do that just fine and as Naga stated out commander probably send her with intention of her becoming a kyuuranger which means there is more than what is seen. For first part didn't I already said they are prime example for it? :P
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

To start with, I really like Raptor as a character. She's probably the only one in the show who gets that not all the jokes are actually really funny, even if that's anything but the writer's intent.

I like the idea that only a few Rangers can go on missions at a time; it's probably the best idea I've seen in the show so far. And speaking of missions, I also like this variation of Earth. It's anything but futuristic, and while this is most likely budget issues, it has a post-apocalyptic feel that makes it seem like technological advancement had completely ground to a halt, which provides a nice contrast to the humor that came beforehand.

Even Lucky wasn't too bad. Only 7 total "lucky"'s from him this episode, coming quite close to the other rangers' (5, counting the times they address him by name). All in all, not too bad. Lots of comedy, but it felt quite tolerable.

Advanced LuckyMeter breakdown:
Spoiler
“Lucky”'s by Lucky in episode 3:
“Yossha Lucky”’s: - -- - – - 4
“Lucky!”’s, “Luck”’s: -- - -- - 2
Referring to his own name: - -- - 0
As an adjective: -- - -- - -- - 0
In Japanese: - -- - -- - -- - 1
Total: 6 English, 7 Both

In English said by others: - -- - 3
In Japanese said by others: - -- - 2

Total including all Rangers: 12
(NOTE: I've decided that the "Good Luck" should count one "luck" for Lucky and only one for the others, because adding four to eight different counts from that catchphrase in the future would be a bit much.)
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
rubius
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Lupinranger vs. Patranger
Dreamy: Patren Sango/Magine
Favorite Actor?: N/A
Favorite Band: Rider Girls/Chips

Post by rubius »

liking the episode but did anyone else notice the epic screwup the guys making the show made? i mean they had the kajaki voyager on kyuuren-oh but tenbin's symbol lit up when the voyager attached. OOPS!
Finished Shows
Kamen Rider:Heisei Riders - Saber
Super Sentai: From Zyuranger to Kiramager
Other: Justirizer, Rescue Force/Fire

Haven't watched a Tokusatsu I didn't like :mrgreen:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, someone mentioned it. Toei does that from time to time. I wonder if they'll fix it for the Blu-ray?
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Shou Lonpo (yay!) is very obviously a future Kyuuranger, he's got that sweet staff which looks like it's probably a changer or a KyuuTama-accepting weapon of some sort. He's like DekaMaster, but high on goofballs. He totally knows what's special about Earth, too.

I would not object a bit to eliminating Lucky and Hame, and just having Shou Lonpo (yay!) hang out with Champ, Garou, Spada, and Naaga. Balance and Raptor can, like, hang out too, I guess? But in the background, where they do essentially nothing and play no important role and wouldn't be missed if absent.

Shou Sentai Lonpouger!

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”