KyuuRanger Space.05 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:02 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
31%
☆☆☆☆
31%
☆☆☆
24%
☆☆
3%
10%

Total votes: 29
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KyuuRanger Space.05 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's results: 4.07 / 5 (30 votes)

Alternate Title - Let the children fight the war for you

Seems like this should have been a big episode. But it really wasn't super surprising. I don't think anyone really thought Stinger was a traitor, so the revelation that he's just a spy came out fairly flat.

At the same time, they brushed aside the interesting story bits. Like a focus story on Stinger and his brother would have been much more interesting than watching this episode. Or at least let Stinger explain to Champ why he (probably) wasn't the one who killed Anton. I'm guessing at this point it was his brother who did it?

Also, 9 people fighting at once is pretty boring. A lot happens, but it's pretty hard to make the individual moments stand out. I also didn't like how the KyuuRangers fell into plot love with Earth. Overall, I just couldn't really get into this episode.

Edit: Oh, Kubota Yuki is in this series? Nice.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KyuuRanger Space.05 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

I'm hoping Kubota doesn't go through what Kohei Murakami went through with Jyuohger's use for Bard. Him playing the Cain after being Abel in Gaim would be sweet.

And yeah, frak Lucky. I now take kombucha shots whenever he uses his catchphrase and it could be upgraded if he gets worse. Get your act together, production crew, STOP giving Lucky everything.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by redfarmer »

Stinger's plot with his brother could be interesting, if it doesn't have to compete with the other plot threads running around this show. As I suspected, a nine member team isn't working out very well for me. It worked for Kyoryuger because they didn't use all ten very often. Why do I get the impression this show is oversaturated with characters?

It bothers me that Champ just brushes his objections about Stinger off to the side because plot. It makes it look like his desire to kill Stinger just a few episodes ago was shallow at best.

Next episode:
Spoiler
Oh, yay, we're going with a power up on episode 6. Way to repeat the mistakes of Ex-Aid guys.
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

So are we going to get an Itachi/Sasuke with Scorpio/Stinger? Or could we have Scorpio be the real spy and Stinger turn out to be a double agent.
It'd just be nice to have Yuki on a fighting team again, kind of.
Ah well, sad the Stinger thing was resolved quickly, feel like they could have stretched out the nine ranger acquisition as well, but here we go.
How will things develop as they start with Earth?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Based Balance left on the ship again. Rubbish.

I'm ready for Melonbowl 2.0. Scorpionbowl I guess?
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

BEST EPISODE EVER!!! All 9 Kyurangers are assembled

BTW I'm sorry about the previous episodes I said, I guess Stinger is not an A-hole after all (because he's a spy)
Takatora(Batta) is here, hopefully they'll meet him again. I felt he's a villain were an older brother betrayed his youger brother (as opposed of Micchy betrayed Takatora)

Like I said before, about the Kyuulette they will deploy a 5-man team formation. Basically, TOEI did an experiments on a different 5-man team in each episodes for future series. Also, recalls for a 5-man team of the previous series. (Red is always on a team)

Spoiler
Next Episode, A pegasus Kyutama (if you saw a CM)
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

"I'm actually a spy"

Yeah, well, you know, this is actually very underwhelming to me.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
lennyhouston16
Go Go!
Favorite series: Gaim, OOO, Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva, W, Go-Busters

Post by lennyhouston16 »

While I've enjoyed these past 5 episodes, they could've easily been extended to 10-12 episodes. This episode alone deserved to be a two parter for the grand payoff. I love the characters and all but can we slow down the pace? Super Sentai usually doesn't have that much going on that they need to speed up the pace like this. I can understand Kamen Rider (to a degree) but I'm feeling like I have to watch each episode twice to make sure I'm not missing something. If the pacing would slow down, each episode so far would be a 5 instead of a 4 for me.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

Hey Take or whoever batches this stuff, the torrent for the 720 version didn't include the Henshin Lesson. Was that intentional?

Does anyone else think this episode was kind of... irresponsible?

The little kids throw rocks at people and put themselves in danger, and what does our dumbass red do? Does he tell them to leave the fighting to them? No, he encourages them! It wasn't until after they'd been freed, after they'd almost been killed, that anyone told them to run along. Jark Matter are the bad guys and the idea here is that these kids are the only ones standing up to them (and before the Kyuuranger arrived, there was no one that they could turn to), I get it, but that's imitable behavior. I don't care if their actions had consequences, nobody at any point called them on it. If I were a parent watching this, I'd be pretty pissed.

So far, this has been one of those shows that really makes me wonder how the PR adaptation will go. It used to be that they couldn't skip a season, but as we saw with Go-Busters and ToQger, that option is on the table now. Mainly, I'll be interested to see if they do all these non-human(oid) rangers. There's really no reason that they have to, in particular, I think they'll drop Raptor in favor of a regular actress.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

TBustah! wrote:Hey Take or whoever batches this stuff, the torrent for the 720 version didn't include the Henshin Lesson. Was that intentional?
It wasn't intentional. Plus we just released a v2 for Henshin Lesson because there's no effects.

Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

Not bad but very clichéd with Stinger. I hate the whole the evil member was a spy all along and that they were after some crucial information. I know that in order to find out the inner workings of an evil organization you have join them, but there comes a point where the bad guys smell a rate and will figure out how to turn them into their fully obedient puppet. I'm working on something where the protagonist meets someone who fell into darkness because they got in too deep to realize that they had already lost because the power of evil was too much to shut out.

As for the idea of Earth's big secret, cosmic beings from another dimension have cursed Earth to be the battleground for epic heroes in stranger outfits. Why do they do this? It's because we like it. :D :D :D
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

damn it Stinger, being a spy is rather cliched but it's fine.

And the kids willing to resist while the adults are like ok we'll let you rule us, seems like kids are the real heroes Earth deserves if the other sentai teams weren't around

& what is the big secret that Jark Matter is keeping on Earth of all places, that the Don is there, the big ultimate weapon of Jark Matter is there?
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Maaaan, Shou Ronpou is sooo dumb. How did you forget that *that* guy was your spy!?

The mecha fights (which featured two combinations) were fun for this ep.

Why does Lucky say that they'll start the fight against Jark Matter on Earth? Does that mean their fights in other planets in the previous episodes did not result in their liberation?
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I'm getting Mephisto vibes of Blue Exorcist from Shou especially that they have the same voice actor.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

njb wrote:Maaaan, Shou Ronpou is sooo dumb. How did you forget that *that* guy was your spy!?

The mecha fights (which featured two combinations) were fun for this ep.

Why does Lucky say that they'll start the fight against Jark Matter on Earth? Does that mean their fights in other planets in the previous episodes did not result in their liberation?
They were not actively targeting JarkMatterin other planets until all 9 are gathered. It was said in every episode that they need all 9 to fight against Jark Matter. This isfirst time they gathered all nine in one place so Lucky said they wills tart with earth. For Shou Ronpou it is probably heis deliberatively trying to be stupid guy to hide he is emperor......... or something more important future will tell us.

It was a good episode for me I am just having too much theories for futureto uphold at the moment like how Big bro super hero can be added to mix will it be a second Basco or will it be a second kyoryu-father or will he be a second to none we will see :D

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”