KyuuRanger Space.08 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:45 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
32%
☆☆☆☆
39%
☆☆☆
19%
☆☆
No votes
10%

Total votes: 31
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Re: KyuuRanger Space.08 released

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

I don't get the hate. I loved the episode. Great use of all nine Rangers and nice build up.
Hoshinger wrote:The episode is what I needed. I liked the multiple plots because it showed that the rangers have a long way to go before becoming one supreme team. The lack of real leadership showed that Xiao has too many skeleton's in his closet to be the true commander...

Sparda's insubordination was merited because the bad guys will always have plenty of bases to use, but take out the leader then everything falls into place after that. There was such a big fuss about saving civilians in the first episode that it makes no sense to not take out the bad guys on both fronts.

The two assassins seemed to be the kind to adapt to their surroundings and if you look at what they're based off of it makes sense. Cephalopods have multiple nerve endings that allow for any changes around then to be detected and then avoided. this of it like a version of the Spider Sense and it takes similar power to counter this reaction.

As for the issue of the tenth ranger, there are multiple meanings for the word kyuu. The Wikia link gives all the translations, with other things that leads to serious spoilers, and some of the other words fit the team. Japan is full of words that sound the same and it was easy to be lead to the wrong conclusion about what form of kyu was being used. The talk of the all powerful nine was the big issue, but nothing ever goes as planned perhaps no one ever thought to find more than nine rangers because its many translations.

I think that the trailer including a time limit for the commander screams Mega Silver and the trench cloak look acts as the external power source.

As for the boy, look it up.
All good points, but especially about various uses of Kyu. Granted, the show made references to 9 ultimate saviors, but I'm willing to see how it goes. Like I said, I thought this one was pretty good.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

Not really much to add, just thought about a comparison between Shou and S.P.D's Cruger as so far they seem to share similar background traits, Shou seemingly coming from a military group or a past version of the Kyuurangers similar to Cruger's former team mates, of course i'll wait till the next episode to see if my thoughts of similarities are correct instead of speculating
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

ViRGE wrote:To go back to Star Wars analogies here (since that's what the series is clearly based on), we've established the Stormtroopers and the Moffs, both of which are disposable bad guys. And somewhere in there is the Emperor, albeit disappointingly faceless here. However we don't have Darth Vader; Jark Matter doesn't have its scary enforcer that puts a consistent face on all of this evil.
If only they made Elidron the Darth Vader of the show.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

this may be the better of Kyuranger's episodes so far since all of the rangers are being used instead of being on standby, Lucky cuts his phrase mentioning down to two or three and that he lost a fight despite his luck and Shou gets serious, very Doggie Cruger of him. Only problem now is too much plot points too damn fast like stop stop you're giving the children heartattacks Mouri, slow it the hell down will ya this is too much to absorb too fast
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
JapzLapeno

Post by JapzLapeno »

Spoiler
I actually know why they keep bringing the kid back...
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

Eternal_Winterbane wrote:Not really much to add, just thought about a comparison between Shou and S.P.D's Cruger as so far they seem to share similar background traits, Shou seemingly coming from a military group or a past version of the Kyuurangers similar to Cruger's former team mates, of course i'll wait till the next episode to see if my thoughts of similarities are correct instead of speculating
I think Xiao (I prefer this spelling) will be very similar to S.P.D's Cruger and will have a few elements of Mega Silver. I think that the two assassins are former comrades and their power is merited because of the past battles. Look at Liveman's villains and you'll see the fear from being familiar with your enemies. There could also be a similar element in the assassins that is like the new version of Rita in the Power Rangers movie with the whole former ranger turned evil.
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

For me in this episode,

Ryu Violet
Spoiler
also known as Ryu Commander later

is counted as a Sixth Ranger (although tenth) instead of an Extra
And he reminds me of MagiShine who happens to be a mentor and a Sixth Ranger

Because it's design is different from the other 9 core members
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

dannydice64 wrote:For me in this episode,

Ryu Violet
Spoiler
also known as Ryu Commander later

is counted as a Sixth Ranger (although tenth) instead of an Extra
And he reminds me of MagiShine who happens to be a mentor and a Sixth Ranger

Because it's design is different from the other 9 core members
What makes him the 6th? Is this something on Toei's website?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

LOL. You've fallen into the Sentai fan hole when you enter an argument about whether the new ranger is a sixth or an extra.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:LOL. You've fallen into the Sentai fan hole when you enter an argument about whether the new ranger is a sixth or an extra.
I know, i know. Still, the way danny wrote that implies that someone of significance has declared Pimp Commander as the 6th, so I'm curious who that is. :)
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

I didn't think it was a bad episode. Maybe it had a few missteps, but overall so was it quite decent in my opinion.
I guess that Longbao will not be out on the field after next episode due to old age getting in the way (or at least he's gonna blame old age on being in the way). Let's see if it's gonna be true or false.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

ViRGE wrote:Pimp Commander
My day has been made. :lol:
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Name of the show was talked in another thread before and I was in the impression that Kyuuranger was not about number and asked what was the kanji apperantly it was not written in kanji but katakana but I still had my doubts call it a hunch or thinking too much but there are 88 constellations and so far we didn't see any ranger sharing a kyuutama maybe in later episodes they will I don't know however if they were going to divide that number properly they would need 8 instead of 9 so what is other number that fits to bill? it is 11. I never though kyuu in kyuuranger was meant for nine i was more thinking on saviour part.

For the part of Spada's decision well this is not a team. I can't really say it is an all stars team from any sport since in sports players for all stars are chosen from other teams in other words they are more or less accustomed to teamplay. Kyuurangers are all stars on their own as Lucky stated in the leadership episode so some of them might be teamplayers but so far only Hamy had a backstory as such being part of a ninja clan and that is all. Champ was a single sports champion, lucky.........lets not talk about lucky, spada was a chief that cooks to many people but it seems he was not part of a team either. Stinger is already lone wolf and Garo's people didn't give me cooperating type of people though he is probably only one that had combat experience in a team so far. Raptor as far as we know made for one purpose so she was not a team player either. Balance and Naaga were only part of duo and it was mostly Balance's decisions so it can't be said they were really team players either. Than there is purple worm.....i mean dragon which seems to be regreting some life choices and I bet he can't stay as ranger long either because of mental blocking, not enough energy left for him or having a heavy wound he is not totally healed yet.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

Shou talked about how 1 choice to go against orders could bring down an entire organization.
Shou also knows more than he lets on.
my conclusion is this:
Shou belonged to a group that tried to "force create" the kyuurangers into being while jark matter was in its earlier days. they found a kyuu tama that wasnt meant to be a henshin/star change kyuu tama, and used its power to make ryuviolet. as such the power is strong but incomplete. we saw the dragon cane spark when he used it.

i mean really the Aries, Pegasus, and Gemini kyu tama would have been interesting rangers.
like lets explore gemini for a moment. a ranger that could do a clone move, or when transformed, would become 2 people.
if we go the gemini saga route, 1 of a set of twins who the kyu tama chose, and now the other twin is evil is is called on later with the first dying or something.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Saint Seiya???

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”