KyuuRanger Space.09 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:53 am

☆☆☆☆☆
32%
☆☆☆☆
57%
☆☆☆
4%
☆☆
No votes
7%

Total votes: 28
dannydice64
7X

Re: KyuuRanger Space.09 released

Post by dannydice64 »

TENSHIN D- oops sorry wrong show

I've taken back what I said in the previous thread, it seems Ryu Commander is branded as an Extra Ranger who also as a mentor of the team just like DekaMaster and KyoryuSilver. Who knows who will taken the role of the Sixth Ranger? (time will tell for sure, even myself cannot answer)

It's funny that it should be called Uchu Sentai Jyuranger (sorry Shou the name was taken to Zyuranger)

Next Episode:
Spoiler
It seems that kid become a ranger after all, but you cannot call JuuIchiRanger this time
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i wonder if ryucammander will be included in "kyulette the chance!" or if he will decide if he isnt or is tagging along?

hmm! i wonder if we'll see a kyutama get broken?
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

midorininger wrote:i wonder if ryucammander will be included in "kyulette the chance!" or if he will decide if he isnt or is tagging along?

hmm! i wonder if we'll see a kyutama get broken?
Probably he will go dekamaster route only appear in times that will make him look cool
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

A bit all over the place, but that dragon mech made it up for it.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So I did like the story they did with Shou, especially this early on it's nice to know his motivations. I think the title change and suit change after becoming a proper Kyuranger was neat. The best part is now he doesn't have a time limit is that he can shit talk like normal and I feel like this makes things better. The robot was pretty cool as well. Ryuseioh puppetry was a highlight of Dairanger so it's nice to see the same practical effects being done here rather than just CGI.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

so wheres the thread for episode 10?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

midorininger wrote:so wheres the thread for episode 10?
viewtopic.php?f=233&t=21628
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

:/
rubius
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Lupinranger vs. Patranger
Dreamy: Patren Sango/Magine
Favorite Actor?: N/A
Favorite Band: Rider Girls/Chips

Post by rubius »

any idea where/how i can get ryuucommander's henshin sounds? those would be a sweet ringtone.
Finished Shows
Kamen Rider:Heisei Riders - Saber
Super Sentai: From Zyuranger to Kiramager
Other: Justirizer, Rescue Force/Fire

Haven't watched a Tokusatsu I didn't like :mrgreen:
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

The first part of this episode felt almost like someone accidentally stole the script from a different show? Spada was great, if still somewhat rebellious. Shou's backstory was fantastic, and surprisingly dark. The sequence with Shou knocking Lucky out is possibly one of Kyuuranger's strongest moments yet. I don't remember any humor getting in the way of the drama, and like the first part, it brought up an interesting conflict of obedience versus conscience.

That said, it seemed to have fallen apart after that; much of this is that they never really resolve the conflict of ideals, but as well, they simply lose the humanity of the situation. Possibly the biggest example of this was treating Maadakko's apparent death like a typical MotW's. How does anyone feel about this? Does Shou feel like he's enacting revenge for the death of his superior a la Inigo Montoya, or perhaps regret that it didn't have to have ended with more death (such as in Ex-Aid)? Does Ikaagen feel any sorrow for the loss of his comrade, even if he suspects he can regenerate her?

Perhaps one of Kyuuranger's biggest weaknesses as a whole seems to be that they're trying to make a potentially quite dark series geared towards a really young audience, and they're not sure what to do with the darkness other than to throw in dark tropes--Earth is completely enslaved, one ranger's the last of his kind, one character's superior had been killed saving him. While these aren't bad in and of themselves, it seems like they're being picked and chosen to throw into an episode; I'm hoping they can figure out what to do with their ideas.

Lucky's by Lucky for this episode (I've decided not to count the times he says his name from now on): 6 English, 7 Both
Advanced LuckyCount Breakdown:
Spoiler
  • Spoiler
    “Yossha Lucky”’s: -- - 4
  • Spoiler
    “Lucky!”’s, “Luck”’s: 2
  • Spoiler
    In Japanese: -- - -- - - 1

I think my having so much trouble keeping up with the weekly episodes means that this show isn't for me. This episode was definitely better, and I'll certainly keep watching until the end of the Earth liberation/secret arc for the sake of counting Lucky's catchphrases, but I'm hoping this pulls a serious U-turn.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”