KyuuRanger Space.10 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:32 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
18%
☆☆☆☆
18%
☆☆☆
29%
☆☆
14%
21%

Total votes: 28
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KyuuRanger Space.10 released

Post by takenoko »

What? Big Bear is right and everyone else is wrong. Shou is immature and a bad commander. He literally dooms his team to being burned alive because of his detective schitck wasting time. They provide evidence showing that Lucky is just wrong in the very next scene where he defends him. The thing I hate most about the writing is that irreverently inconsistent for the sake of comedy. This might as well be roll your dice, but the good guys win because of deus ex luckyma. Because no one in this universe is rewarded for working hard. All you need are good intentions and you're a ranger.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

takenoko wrote:What? Big Bear is right and everyone else is wrong.
Big Bear is indeed right and everyone else is wrong. What worries me is that the writer appeared to try to make us think that Big Bear is too strict, and that Shou is ok despite being immature. But the exact opposite happened. Most of the time you can't take any of the Kyuuranger or Shou seriously.

Regarding good intentions saving the day; that was always present in sentai, and it's actually something I enjoy - but not when good intention equals stupidity in every single episode.
Behold the Emperor!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Shou has grown. The fact that he now realizes his mistake that nearly brought an end to Rebellion, and that he was able to teach Spada this, is an improvement. But has he improved enough? Ehhhhhh...
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

if Kyuranger is trying to pull a Gaim, it's not working personally
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

So i was generally ok with this episode, I have to disagree with everyone regarding we are up to 11 rangers, until we get an updated intro or something to confirm it, I can probably push it to ten as Little Bear Blue uses the same transformation device as the core 9, but with Shou i have to class him as not a Kyuuranger due to him using a staff to change instead of the bracelet, plus his henshin call is different, also he states he wants to fight along side with the Kyuurangers not as one. But that's my own opinion on the matter. the boy reminds me alot of Justin from Turbo and strangely he has the same level of smarts plus I like how his suit looks and that he doesn't grow like you would expect.

Big bears concerns with Shou are understandable and i'm guessing he didn't have the power to leave the Kyuutama previously so he couldn't properly watch or interact with Shou, speaking of Shou i still like him even with his stupid moments which this episode shows.
sentaidragon
Go Go!
Favorite series: kamen rider
2nd Favorite Series: sentai
Dreamy: all girls :p
Favorite Actor?: i have more than one
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by sentaidragon »

yeah, this episode was really stupid, but i can't help myself to smile seeing shou this stupid xD...
the really good thing in this series are the suit designs and i like kotaros suit.
good thing is, that his body isn't going to grow like kiba ranger from dairanger and he's the third "regular" kid ranger i know... together with kiba ranger and king ranger... or am i missing someone else?
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

I actually loved this episode.

it was stupid it was silly and it was funny.

yeah kinda jacked up that kotaro basically said fuck it to find out what happend to his brother but the boy became part of the team.

i can give him a pass for that.

I'm actually quite excited to see more of him. I'm very glad they left his ranger form the size of him and didn't strech him out like they stupidly do for kids that become rangers.

it's a solid A to me
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

was i alone in noticing his mitten/gloves?
i like how his suit is different, and i hope any more, (please no more) also have unique suits ...

but before adding more please develop the cast a bit more PLEASE!

and yeah, its safe to say lucky spent more than 15 min on the earth saving his friends, but remember its for kids who wouldnt pick up on that. so please keep a few grains of salt around.
admittedly, it seems after go-busters that sentai has taken a turn for the softer side. what changed or who changed to bring this about i wonder?
Zychotic
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Inoue Masahiro
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Zychotic »

I don't mind that the show wants to add even more rangers (I actually like the idea of a lot of rangers), I dislike the rate at which they are introducing new rangers. You have a core 9 to start off with, stick with that for at least the standard 17 episodes, then introduce extra rangers. That's 2 episodes a ranger to use as character development, however I felt like the first 5 episodes were using 2 rangers per episode for character development. If I remember right, we haven't had a Garou focused episode since episode 1.

I was pretty excited to watch this show, but I feel like they've screwed up the pacing and instead of using the 9 rangers thing properly, they've just turned it into a gimmick.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

After this much rangers, I hope they're gonna settle down for a while.

And my opinion of this series is getting worse each episode.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

After the last episode, this feels like kind of a let down. Big Bear appearing as an easily summoned Kyuutama seemed to negate the drama of the previous episode. Kotaro being a better actor than the main red when playing Big Bear felt kind of sad. As well, nearly everyone on the Orion ship crashing toward the sun acted pretty ridiculous for the situation; it sort of calls into question why anyone would care whether an immature kid joins the Kyuurangers if the entire adult cast (with the exceptions of Stinger and possibly Raptor) seemed to act like kids themselves. Perhaps the irony was intentional, but it didn't work well for me. That said, a highlight was Big Bear having to teach Kotaro how to perform a Seiza Attack--it's good they kept in mind that people don't just know everything about being a ranger once they become one.

Once again, though, there's neither much humanity nor practicality here--respectively, Shou has no emotional reaction to seeing Bear again and none of the rangers have even heard of the way to beat Jark Matter. I'd thought it would've come up in conversation if they're a group dedicated to the defeat of Jark Matter. I can see some of the actors trying their best, but I don't think they're being given enough to work with.

Advanced LuckyCount Breakdown:
Spoiler
“Lucky”'s by Lucky in episode 10:
  • Spoiler
    “Yossha Lucky”’s: - -- - – - 4
  • Spoiler
    “Lucky!”’s, “Luck”’s: -- - -- - 2
  • Spoiler
    In Japanese: - -- - -- - -- - 1
    Total: 6 English, 7 Both

Lunagel wrote:I'm gonna be in the minority here, but... I like Kotarou.

Hear me out. Abandoning his little brother aside, Kotarou is probably the strongest character we've seen so far. He's fighting for his family and his home and in order to do that he's absolutely determined to become a Kyuuranger. He has a solid reason to fight and backstory.

Compared to Lucky, whom we still know next to nothing about, who didn't even know about Jark Matter before the first episode, who doesn't have a good reason to fight and is the walking epitome of "Deus ex machina that shit", Kotarou comes out ahead on every count.

Kotarou's actor is fairly competent and honestly holds his own against the rest of the cast. Plus, and this is the big thing - he has no catchphrase or irritating speech patterns. Horray!
I hadn't thought of it that way, but come to think of it, you raise a good point. The big thing that worries me is that they may be tempted to take a route similar to Garou's and treat him as a cheery, optimistic kid in the mold of Lucky without much reference to his past. Since he's from Earth, they'll probably keep his story in mind a bit more than Garou's, though, so it's possible that this won't be as big of an issue.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”