KyuuRanger Space.11 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat May 06, 2017 11:57 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
14%
☆☆☆☆
32%
☆☆☆
36%
☆☆
4%
14%

Total votes: 28
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Re: KyuuRanger Space.11 released

Post by Mxylv »

A lot of this felt kind of hard to watch, even by Kyuuranger's standards. Shou letting Kotarou stick around is not the first time that he's said "sure, but no more ignoring others." After Ikaagen instantaneously revives Maadako by throwing a tentacle into the air (no special machine or procedure required), he states that he knows everyone's fates, and Lucky seems to think that Ikaagen decides them. I wish I could say that talking about horoscopes--which have been debunked by astronomy--in a show about astronomy was the bottom of the barrel, but it wasn't. I think this went beyond writing for a younger audience and into just plain bad. The writing isn't the only issue here: the sheer number of Seiza Attacks make me think of serious advertising, and the sudden switches to the giant asteroid during the large-scale fight really feels like someone saw the Meta Field from Nexus and decided to copy it for the sole purpose of spending less money.

There were a few redeeming qualities, though. Probably the best thing this episode did was get Kotarou the opportunity to talk with Stinger, which I thought provided a pretty well written conversation. I also liked their fighting together--in general, actually, I think it's safe to say that I liked this episode whenever it was about Stinger and Kotarou. The ending moment was also quite good; I'd been worried that this would be a one-episode filler, but it's good to know that they have something planned. I'm not sure those points were enough for me to actively like the episode, but they definitely stood out to me in the episode.

Advanced LuckyCount Breakdown:
Spoiler
“Lucky”'s by Lucky in episode 11:
  • Spoiler
    “Yossha Lucky”’s: - -- - –- - 5 (technically 4 1/2)
  • Spoiler
    “Lucky!”’s, “Luck”’s: - -- - 3
  • Spoiler
    “Unlucky”’s: -- - -- - -- - -- 2
  • Spoiler
    In Japanese: -- - -- - -- - -- 1
    Total: 10 English, 11 Both
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar