KyuuRanger Space.12 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat May 13, 2017 10:51 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
17%
☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆
20%
☆☆
3%
10%

Total votes: 30
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Re: KyuuRanger Space.12 released

Post by midorininger »

takenoko wrote:>What the difference between futago and gemini?

Futago means 'twin'. When -za is added to the end of it, it (Futagoza) becomes the Japanese constellation name for "Gemini".

The phrasing is literally "that's the man I fell in love with!" But it's probably more platonic than it would be if said in a Western context. Or maybe Garou's gay for Lucky, that's fine too. He can be Sentai's first openly gay character.

俺の惚れた男じゃけえ! Ore no horeta otoko jakee!

惚れる 【ほれる】 (v1) to fall in love, to be in love, to be charmed with, to lose one's heart to, (P)

Luna suggested "That's the man who charmed me!" but I thought that had more implications. Looking back, maybe I should have went with "That's the man who won me over!" to keep it as open to interpretation as possible.
[/quote]

EDIT: am i the first to bring up, that Garou said, "now thats the man i fell for!" when lucky got his groove back? i am choosing to believe its because he is a dog and dogs love their masters so maybe thats what it is. but ... i had to wonder about the translation too.
also, when scorpio speaks, he says "i am look..." shouldnt it have been "looking"?

well as i said, he is a DOG and dogs whole heartily love their masters. perhaps saying "thats the guy i know and love" is a bit more accurate too, and less suggestive? or even "thats the man who wowed me!" to be less suggestive?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

You're right, that should be looking. V2!
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

also, i was thinking about garou's line some more.
perhaps
"Thats the man that moved me!" would make more sense. as it was lucky who inspired garou to fight jark matter. i think its has the same impact and meaning. and i think being moved and charmed would be about the same?
rubius
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Lupinranger vs. Patranger
Dreamy: Patren Sango/Magine
Favorite Actor?: N/A
Favorite Band: Rider Girls/Chips

Kyuuranger episode 12 question

Post by rubius »

was watching kyuuranger #12 and was wondering if what garu really was saying that lucky was the man he fell for after lucky finished using the gemini kyuutama? i mean i kinda sounds like garu has a crush on lucky so i want to make sure that was the literal translation.
Finished Shows
Kamen Rider:Heisei Riders - Saber
Super Sentai: From Zyuranger to Kiramager
Other: Justirizer, Rescue Force/Fire

Haven't watched a Tokusatsu I didn't like :mrgreen:
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

This did pretty alright, although I'm still hoping for some more improvement. Garou punching Lucky felt like it should've been more emotional than it was, especially since it gave Garou his character back for the first time since the first episode. Lucky's backstory was great, though, and the reason for his catchphrase (at least after he starts fighting Jark Matter) may make it a bit less annoying; that said, I'm hoping his backstory will be brought up again in the future rather than being dropped.

Advanced LuckyCount Breakdown: Ooooooh, yeeeeeaaaah.
Spoiler
“Lucky”'s by Lucky (not including the SHT opening) in episode 12:
  • Spoiler
    “Yossha Lucky”’s: - -- - –- - 135 (including all 128 Seiza-powered Luckys)
  • Spoiler
    “Lucky!”’s, “Luck”’s: - -- - 4
  • Spoiler
    “Unlucky”’s: -- - -- - -- - -- 1
  • Spoiler
    In Japanese: -- - -- - -- - -- 4
    Total: 140 English, 144 Both
Spoiler
Best. LuckyCount. Yet. If using that Kyuutama again lets me reach another count like that, I'm all for it.

midorininger wrote:QUESTION! when the last disaster hit japan, was that around the same time sentai got sillier? because if so, id say that would be why.
KR got sillier around 2007 (and Gekiranger from around the same time could also get pretty silly), so I'd presume it was something different.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”