KyuuRanger Space.15 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:38 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
16%
☆☆☆☆
16%
☆☆☆
40%
☆☆
12%
16%

Total votes: 25
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: KyuuRanger Space.15 released

Post by Catastrophe »

Greenstalker wrote: What are you talking about? Mocking everyone is Hame's specialty especially from first few episodes she was not doing that lately but she was doing it to an annoying level at first episodes to degree that it was as much annoying as Lucky saying Lucky.
Shows how much impact she's had as a character then hasn't it?
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Poor adorable lil Hame. Maybe one day you'll get a chance to be amazing. Not today though.
zigmenthotep
Adventure
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zigmenthotep »

Zerato wrote:
takenoko wrote:What was Naaga doing in this episode. Was that supposed to be funny?
I'm wondering that myself. Normally I enjoy Naaga's antics, but this time around he just left me scratching my head. Why did he pretend to be one of the villagers? Please, can someone give me an explanation for this?
I took it as him not being unable to spot deception (maybe his people don't lie), so he saw the show and was just like "wow, the savior is awesome, all hail the savior"
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.

Post by Zerato »

midorininger wrote:QUESTION!
what are the henchmen called? they seem to say "Gyio" and "Dabe", are they Gyiodabe? or are some "gyio" and same "dabe"?
They are called the Indaver (Pronounced Indabē)
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.

Post by Zerato »

zigmenthotep wrote:
Zerato wrote:
I'm wondering that myself. Normally I enjoy Naaga's antics, but this time around he just left me scratching my head. Why did he pretend to be one of the villagers? Please, can someone give me an explanation for this?
I took it as him not being unable to spot deception (maybe his people don't lie), so he saw the show and was just like "wow, the savior is awesome, all hail the savior"
Even by Naaga standards, it was still ridiculous.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Zerato wrote:
midorininger wrote:QUESTION!
what are the henchmen called? they seem to say "Gyio" and "Dabe", are they Gyiodabe? or are some "gyio" and same "dabe"?
They are called the Indaver (Pronounced Indabē)
We call them Indabee here, it's an obvious anagram of the Japanese pronunciation for Invader. They say Gyoi, which is short for their Gyoisaa thing that they say. And Dabe is just from their name InDABEe.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown

Post by Kurokage X »

yay we finally got a proper Hammy focus episode and it's alright

and Naga what the hell are you doing man
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I'd initially thought Naaga was trying to gain the peoples' trust by blending in with them (which already doesn't make sense, since in a tribal village like this one, everyone would presumably know each other and would recognize that someone none of them had seen before was likely an outsider), but then he went overboard with it and I got really confused during the second half. The Scorpio reveal was well done, though; it's good that they remembered that Stinger wouldn't immediately recognize his brother, and the scene carried a sense of dramatic irony that didn't feel like a previously spoiled plot twist.
ViRGE wrote:The downside is that as it's probably the only Hame focus episode for a while, Toei has blown their chance to do anything interesting with their sole female face character. Though for once, this doesn't seem to be a case of Toei doing something stupidly sexist/insensitive, rather it's just a lame script to work with.
The episode passed the bechdel test on at least two separate occasions, so it feels like they were somewhat trying this time.

Advanced LuckyCount Breakdown:
Spoiler
“Lucky”'s by Lucky in episode 15:
  • Spoiler
    “Yossha Lucky”’s: - -- - –- - 3
  • Spoiler
    “Lucky!”’s, “Luck”’s: - -- - 1
  • Spoiler
    In Japanese: -- - -- - -- - -- 1
    Total: 4 English, 5 Both
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

Hard episode to watch. It was just boring. I paused it halfway through, got up, made dinner and re-watched the premiere of the "Twin Peaks" revival before going back to it. Nothing seemed to have a reason for happening, which is my number one gripe with this show. I didn't like Go-Busters much, but at least there were reasons things happened. No lessons were learned by anyone, no real characterization help (we got backstory for Hame, but this is something we should have gotten no later than episode 2 or 3) and the overall plot was just lame. An interesting premise ruined by writers not knowing what to do with it.

Honestly, I would have opened the series up not with Lucky riding through space on his ScootyPuff Junior and instead showed these moments like Hame's childhood, and her, Spada and Champ getting their Kyuutamas and being found by Shou. That could have been the first episode, right there. Then we jump into the "present" with them meeting Lucky and him helping them find the remaining Kyuurangers. We would have background for characters established and reasons for them fighting right off the bat and thus at least a CHANCE of caring about them. I honestly cannot think of a single character that this show has introduced that I can actually care about, which I was afraid of when they announced such a large main cast. Kyoryuger had a big cast, but everyone wasn't in every episode and we at least had time for individual personalities to develop (with Ramirez being my personal favorite in the series). I harp on Toqger pretty bad, but I'll give them props for having interesting and dynamic villains that could keep me entertained while the main cast ran around being idiots. Kyuuranger doesn't even have that.
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

Question: Why does Balance said in this episode "Naisu, Naisu"?

I suggest it would be "Sounds good to me" or "This would be interesting" :D
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I just wanted to have Balance say Nice in a douchey way. I think I saw a spelling that would have worked better, but the Japanese pronunciation is fine.
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

Well, at least he's the clown of the team along with Naga Rei (he's also funny even though he's emotionless)

Not my favorite, but these two are the best Gold-Silver duo

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”