KyuuRanger Space.17 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:56 am

☆☆☆☆☆
11%
☆☆☆☆
44%
☆☆☆
19%
☆☆
11%
15%

Total votes: 27
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Re: KyuuRanger Space.17 released

Post by midorininger »

but he was as himself. while he is a gold robot he wasnt in uniform. but hey Raptor was able to go out on the ships surface in that episode too and not melt.
rubius
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Lupinranger vs. Patranger
Dreamy: Patren Sango/Magine
Favorite Actor?: N/A
Favorite Band: Rider Girls/Chips

Post by rubius »

gotta say lucky is really lucky getting raptor and hami landing on him both as a save and getting an accidental feel, not to mentions the power boost/personality change for balance and garou with the hikari kyuutama but i have to ask about the translation of what garou says after balance throws lucky at the machine... is it really i'm in love? or is it something like what a surprise or i'm speechless? but personally i would have put fata@$ instead of fatty for garou's mother insult.
Finished Shows
Kamen Rider:Heisei Riders - Saber
Super Sentai: From Zyuranger to Kiramager
Other: Justirizer, Rescue Force/Fire

Haven't watched a Tokusatsu I didn't like :mrgreen:
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

quite good episode for kyuuranger. these 3 episodes lately feels kinda an upgrade while ex-aid kinda bit downgrade since chronos appear.
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I like that a power up makes a character a support class. We don't get that many 'supports' in sentai. Having Lucky be a battery is such a good idea, if only the writing were stronger. IT allows both Balance and Garou to contribute to the fight. I wonder if this does other things to. Such as the sun giving Stinger a boost and the moon giving Naaga a boost. (Sun dries everything up for a Scorpion to strive. Silver Shining in the Moonlight.)
YuushaGamer
Quote: I play to win
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by YuushaGamer »

wtf was maddako doing to scorpio in that final scene, seriously toei unacceptable
twitter: @YuushaGamer
youtube: YuushaGamer
twitch: twitch/YuushaGamer
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

Not a bad power up and villain.

I've noticed that there is one massive plot hole in the entire series. If Jark Matter has conquered Earth and is sucking the life out of it, why aren't there mentions of other countries. Unless there is a really good vein to the energy strictly in Japan, the entire planet could be sucked dry in no time because of a lack of a large army of heroes. We don't get a full time frame of how long Jark Matter has been on Earth, but it took a few episodes for the Kyuurangers to show up and gain a full team. There is also the awkward lack of JuMan society at any point during the other episodes and this could be some alternate timeline, which sucks because it leads to more odd crossovers. Either way the Earth should be gone because of the size of the Jark Matter army and the time it took for new help to arrive.

Don't know how the Gavan and Dekaranger team will work because it won't have the entire cast, but I'll watch it.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Hoshinger wrote:There is also the awkward lack of JuMan society at any point during the other episodes and this could be some alternate timeline, which sucks because it leads to more odd crossovers.
Dude, never look for continuity between series, it'll just make your brain hurt.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

That wasn't the perfect episode by any means, but it was enjoyable. Heck, I'll take it just on the basis of Lucky getting the stuffing knocked out of him repeatedly! :D

While no episode can be Lucky-free, this episode at least did a good enough job pushing him off to the side long enough to focus on Balance and Garou. Both of whom badly needed some real, proper character focus. The two feuding to get there is a bit forced, but on the other hand it does play well enough with the fact that Balance is a slacker and Garou is usually serious. I suppose we haven't really learned anything from this - we've known these things about the characters since their debut - but at least they're better defined now?

On the other hand, Hame and Raptor are almost entirely wasted. As characters they're limited to comedic foils for this episode. Their only real contribution is in the second fight where they're used as bait to help Balance figure out the MOTW's powers, which I'll give credit to the writers, that's making good use of their abilities.

As for Lucky... eh. It's about a normal episode for him in terms of being annoying. Though I see his luck extends to getting all the ladies.:o

Thankfully the character stuff was good enough, because the MOTW was an absolute bore. The problem with a monster that you can't see is that there's nothing to look at, and it's called television for a reason. Instead of getting something cool to look at, we're instead looking at the suit actors flail around for 10 minutes. Which gets old fast. Though on a production note, it was interesting to see that they were making significant use of physical squib packs there, I assume because with no one else in a given shot, they're nice and safe to use. However said packs were oddly noticeable in this episode; they're color coordinated so that they don't immediately stand out, but I think due to the camera shots, they were visible to the camera a lot more than usual?
Kuchiri wrote:I like that a power up makes a character a support class. We don't get that many 'supports' in sentai. Having Lucky be a battery is such a good idea, if only the writing were stronger. IT allows both Balance and Garou to contribute to the fight. I wonder if this does other things to.
My thoughts as well. We've never had a power-up like this before, have we? I can't recall anything like this; all the power-ups I can think of powered up the user, not someone else. Though I guess Lucky is still powered-up, though not as overly as a traditional power-up.

As for whether this is a good thing or not, I'm really not sure. On the one hand, this is better than Red-only power-ups like Gorilla or Transcendental. On the other hand, rather than giving the individual Rangers power-ups, it's now solely attached to Red. Let's see if it shows up again or is some kind of one-off gimmick like Pegasus. That may help shed some light on what Toei is thinking here.
Greenstalker wrote:I understand garou getting powered by moon is a gimmick for lycanthropes but why balance got powered by sun?
midorininger's gold/sun explanation makes the most sense of anything said so far. However I personally would have appreciated it if this episode had done just a bit more to explain what was going on. Because I naturally assumed that it was a solar power thing. (Even though we all know robots are powered by alcohol, not the sun)

Either way, it was an interesting way to go. Balance just becomes hyper (sadly, so does Lucky). But Garou is more interesting; he's not really a berserker to begin with, but when powered-up like this, his focused, methodical fighting style is neat. Plus as Phoenix512 noted, it keeps Lucky nice and sedated.:D
YuushaGamer wrote:wtf was maddako doing to scorpio in that final scene, seriously toei unacceptable
For better or worse, I don't think there's any wiggle room here. That one must have been thrown in for the parents, as there's not a whole lot Ocotopussy could be doing besides exactly what it looks like.:o At best she's obediently laying her head in her master's lap; at worst it seems like the grating on her mouth would damage, uh, things.
rubius
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Lupinranger vs. Patranger
Dreamy: Patren Sango/Magine
Favorite Actor?: N/A
Favorite Band: Rider Girls/Chips

Post by rubius »

i'm just guessing here but maybe balance and garou got powered up from the hikari kyutama since tenbin could be seen in the summer while lupis is seen in the winter? but i'm just riffing here.
Finished Shows
Kamen Rider:Heisei Riders - Saber
Super Sentai: From Zyuranger to Kiramager
Other: Justirizer, Rescue Force/Fire

Haven't watched a Tokusatsu I didn't like :mrgreen:
RoxasXIII
Infinity

Post by RoxasXIII »

why v2?
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

RoxasXIII wrote:why v2?
Minor change for one (fast) line that has the style wrong.

Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I almost want to give this episode a low rating because of the tonal inconsistency with the previous episode. I liked the villain, Moody Star was great, and for a MotW episode I actually liked this one, but I think we needed something a bit different before switching back to silly Sentai. It mentioned Champ, but I feel like his destruction needed to have given some impact to the crew and even the tone, rather than one or two brief sequences. It's definitely a good episode, but I think it wasn't quite the right time to go back so quickly.
Hoshinger wrote:I've noticed that there is one massive plot hole in the entire series. If Jark Matter has conquered Earth and is sucking the life out of it, why aren't there mentions of other countries.
In an interview concerning Sentai's summer movie, Lucky's actor mentioned the show's focus on Japan, and said that the summer (presumably the movie) will have the Kyuurangers go international.

Advanced LuckyCount Breakdown:
Spoiler
“Lucky”'s by Lucky in episode 17:
  • Spoiler
    “Yossha Lucky”’s: - -- - –- - 3
  • Spoiler
    “Lucky!”’s, “Luck”’s: - -- - 4
    Total: 7 English, 7 Both
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

rubius wrote:i'm just guessing here but maybe balance and garou got powered up from the hikari kyutama since tenbin could be seen in the summer while lupis is seen in the winter? but i'm just riffing here.
Hmm i think this is not quiet right i mean it is not seasonal thing to see moon at winter but i can't totally rule this out. Personally though i like the gold=sun explanation however it means naaga can get pwoered up from moon since silver is often associated with moon (there is even something called moonsilver in mythology and various rpg) Which begs question who would be second power up for sun? We know Hame or raptor didn't get a power up from sun as well as garou was getting a power up from moon. Balance already got his upgrade and Naaga as i pointed out makes more sense with moon due to his color. I guess spada might get a power up due to being yellow but it does not fit to his character nor his constellation (garou got power up to being a werewolf or due to his constellation so i can't rule out it is being more than color for second person) Lucky probably will be the one who is going to use Hikari taama so i rule him out and as for same reasons for why spada does not quiet make sense applies to him as well and it seems hikari kyuutama was already changing his personality epsecially moon was almsot welcome to be constantly on if you ask me. This leaves Shou, Stiinger, Champ, Kotaro but quiet friankly i can't think anyway sun giving either of them power. Maybe Champ if he is solar powered robot.

EDIT: Ok after searching internet for some clues I kinda find out who might be effected by sun other than balance...........but i will leave it as a surprise since not sure if they will really go with hikari kyuutama with another run.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i actually have another theory on how the power up works since its hinted above that other members can be affected.
if i recall, the gold saints of athena were as such as their closets to the sun and absorb its rays making their clothe shine as the sun.
so in that respect
star signs closer to the moon would be powered up by the moon. since Libra Dohko = Balance here. but knowing too little about their placement, id have to say thats as far as it goes theory wise. id have to say Champ would likely be a sun powered one as well going from saint seiya but whos to say?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

midorininger wrote:2- really Toei? no "on behalf of the moon i shall punish you!" from Lucky? was really expecting that!
To be fair, we already got one from Raptor:

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”