KyuuRanger Space.18 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:02 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
46%
☆☆☆☆
19%
☆☆☆
23%
☆☆
4%
8%

Total votes: 26
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KyuuRanger Space.18 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's results: 3.26 / 5 (27 votes)

Alternate Title - Heroes team up to pummel Octopussy

Not as terrible as Kyuu is usually, but not quite the blessing that Gokaigers was for Jyuohger.

I guess they did what they could considering the source material.

Where's Hoji, Jasmine, and Tetsu?

Here's something dumb. Before they go to the ocean planet, they know their options are between that and a forest planet. If they know that it's a forest planet, they must know where it is and how to identify it. Did no one write the coordinates down?
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Re: KyuuRanger Space.18 released

Post by Slowking »

Hmm, should Lucky's phrase change to "Welcome, courage!"? It sounds so much better.

Nice use of old footage just to show us the other Dekaranger, even briefly.

It should be a 4 but I will go with a 5/5 just because of the Dekaranger. The new Gavan isn't my favourite but I was actually very happy to see him back.

Will Madakko be gone forever?
Behold the Emperor!
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

5 stars, the Dekarangers alone deserves a 5 stars.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

There is something seriously wrong about eating takoyaki after defeating Maadako. Where'd you get the octopus Spada? Huh?!
rubius
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Lupinranger vs. Patranger
Dreamy: Patren Sango/Magine
Favorite Actor?: N/A
Favorite Band: Rider Girls/Chips

Post by rubius »

when i first saw the preview in the last episode i was wondering why kamen rider fourze wasn't included since he is also a space hero but since they paired gavan with silver and deka/shishi red i figured he probably would have been good with silver, orange, black, or yellow but since naaga had gavan fourze couldn't fit well.
Finished Shows
Kamen Rider:Heisei Riders - Saber
Super Sentai: From Zyuranger to Kiramager
Other: Justirizer, Rescue Force/Fire

Haven't watched a Tokusatsu I didn't like :mrgreen:
Decaboyz
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Post by Decaboyz »

Garou should be grateful to be united with his long lost brother lol.... After all these years Sen chan and Umeko still couldn't get married? The police riders (Accel & Drive) just need one year to settle down.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Is Madako dead now?

Pretty fun episode. Shame there wasn't enough time for longer interactions. I wouldn't have minded a DekaXKyuuXGavan movie to be honest.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh man, have I got a Space Squad to sell you.
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DekaBreak »

I actually went on break from Kyuuranger because I was getting busy and chose to prioritize Amazons and Ex-Aid with what time I had. Coming back to the show for this was absolutely worth it. I love you Dekas.

Geki, still attacking people on suspicion as always, as he did meeting Haruto.

But nice for the Kyuu group to see a planet where a Sentai has established (and is keeping) peace. Big blue dog meeting blue wolf man was fun. Nice explanation that Ban is Fire Squad Captain, explains why Gyoku Rou never showed up in 10 YEARS AFTER.

It's not the best episode, with it even taking the liberty to cross the multiverse as a reasonable excuse to freeze the Kyuu plot, but for just giving me the dekas again 5/5. And for playing the Deka opening by Psychic Lover, 6/5. Great effort for showing us a glimpse of Jasmine Tetsu and Hoji, even if it's just stock footage.

On the whole, I'm just super happy that Deka is getting a mini-revival after 10 years, first with the V-Cinema (at which point I feared it would be their last appearance all together) but with Space Squad and this mini return to the Deka universe, I just hope they keep coming back in the years to come.

A bit unrelated, but it kinda gives me hope that the same can happen for Shinkenger when 2019 arrives.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

DekaBreak wrote:A bit unrelated, but it kinda gives me hope that the same can happen for Shinkenger when 2019 arrives.
Reeeeeaaallly not gonna happen. Matsuzaka Toori is one of the most popular actors in Japan right now, and Toei's been pretty clear about their policy on bringing back actors who made it big - they don't.
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

5/5

In promotion of Gavan vs. Dekaranger, this episode is featured. Coincidence, space-theme
Kyuranger - space-theme
Gavan & Dekaranger - space police theme

I was wondering, if Gavan vs. Deka is released in Blu-Ray are you planned on subbing them?
(Take time if you want, I never ask you to rush. We'll absolutely wait for that)
kmizuno
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Jetman
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Internet Governance

Post by kmizuno »

Lunagel wrote:There is something seriously wrong about eating takoyaki after defeating Maadako.!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This crossover episode seeamed a lot more natural than Ninninger's previous ninja sentai crossover episode.

This was a fun short episode!

DekaRanger \o/
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

Lunagel wrote:There is something seriously wrong about eating takoyaki after defeating Maadako. Where'd you get the octopus Spada? Huh?!
i know right?! i noticed that too!
and whether Madaako is dead or alive isnt the issue here.
the issue is, she's in another universe with no way back into ours. is that how she is written off the show? really? or will she reappaear and no one will question how she got back.

pretty much the episode was to promote the movie, so while it was nice it was meh too as it kind doesnt count. and also does this mean kyuuranger is in a completely different universe from the past 40 teams? since gokaiger puts them all in the same world and links them.

and Stinger has gone rogue!
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

Lunagel wrote:
DekaBreak wrote:A bit unrelated, but it kinda gives me hope that the same can happen for Shinkenger when 2019 arrives.
Reeeeeaaallly not gonna happen. Matsuzaka Toori is one of the most popular actors in Japan right now, and Toei's been pretty clear about their policy on bringing back actors who made it big - they don't.
yes right now, but in 2 years if his popularity dies down a bit maybe? and good for shinkenred! he deserves it!
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

midorininger wrote:
Lunagel wrote:
yes right now, but in 2 years if his popularity dies down a bit maybe? and good for shinkenred! he deserves it!
The man's been a household name for the past 5 years, 2 years is not gonna do anything.

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”