KyuuRanger Space.18 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:02 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
46%
☆☆☆☆
19%
☆☆☆
23%
☆☆
4%
8%

Total votes: 26
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: KyuuRanger Space.18 released

Post by Catastrophe »

They use female Shinken Red instead.

Problem solved!
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Lunagel wrote:
DekaBreak wrote:A bit unrelated, but it kinda gives me hope that the same can happen for Shinkenger when 2019 arrives.
Reeeeeaaallly not gonna happen. Matsuzaka Toori is one of the most popular actors in Japan right now, and Toei's been pretty clear about their policy on bringing back actors who made it big - they don't.
It makes me wonder what really determines who gets really big over in Japan. He's definitely been the best Leader from his season forward. So maybe the role he got to play really showcased his value. Sota Fukushi also seemed to have gotten pretty big. Masaki Suda's became hellllla popular but Renn Kiriyama didn't catch a big a wave of fame as Suda. And I think Shoutarou is arguably a slightly better character than Philip. I wonder..
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

But Suda is so pretty. The girls can put him in all their yaois.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

I just realized that this episode creates a bit of a continuity hiccup. The Zyuohger/Gokaiger crossover confirmed that the former takes place in the same universe as all of the previous sentai teams. But when we visit that universe in this episode, there aren't a bunch of Zyuland structures everywhere and there are no Zyumans in sight.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Don't bother looking for continuity between Sentai series, there isn't any
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I don't have any specific attachment to Dekaranger, so at least for me this episode fell flat. Lots of Lucky, more Lucky, yet more Lucky, and gorram NuGavan thrown in as well. Seriously, Gavan has many of the same annoying attributes as Lucky, so combining the two just amplified the pain.:|

I will give the writers a reasonable bit of credit. This is obviously a team-up foisted on them from above, and they did what they could with what they had. Having the two dragons together was a neat touch, for example. On the other hand, the fact that the episode opens up with the Kyutama already stolen rubs me the wrong way; it's lazy.

And now that I think about it, the writers never did do anything meaningful with Octopussy since she revived. She's basically been sitting on the sidelines the entire time, apparently so that she could be used as a disposable commander in this episode. Though not before reverting to her bad hombre past a bit. Fish tacos, anyone?

And man, Geki's actor sure has bulked up. Having him standing next to the scrawny Sentai actors really shows off the difference.:o Though after 5 years I'm still not sure why Toei keeps trying to force him into things. It's clear that the Space Sheriff revival never gained enough traction, and this won't change things. (Though to the actor's credit, I think getting a bit older has been to his benefit; he feels like a better fit for the role now)

Final observation: Having Kruger standing next to Garou and PimpCommander really shows how the suits have improved over the last decade. The newer suits aren't fantastic, but they're more detailed and a bit more realistic than Kruger's blue puppet look.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

It makes sense that the Kyuranger are from an entirely different universe since Jark Matter had taken over every planet including Earth in that series. Otherwise, every other show would have been affected by Jark Matter's rule. Therefore, they had to use the whole "black hole" concept for the Kyuranger to meet the Dekaranger and Gavan, who share the same universe.

This is evidence that these shows all share the same universe, aside from the Kyuranger. I guess it's implied that Gavan and the Dekaranger had previously been acquainted in the Super Hero Taisen Z film. I haven't seen Chou Taisen yet so I don't know if they had specifically met there.

However, we've got contradictions! In the Jyuohger series, Zyuland had merged with Earth in the final episode. Meaning there are furry animals walking around among humans. That whole debacle was never solved. This should've affected the EX-AID series since it also takes place on Earth, but it didn't. Emu / EX-AID appeared in an episode of Kyuranger through the use of a Kyutama. Which would make sense if EX-AID were from a different universe from Jyuohger and Kyuranger. But Yamato / Jyuoh Red appeared in an episode of EX-AID, simply by walking over? Jyuohger and Ninninger had a crossover before-hand so the Ninninger should be dealing with furries too. But...the Kyuranger appeared in the Jyuohger VS Ninninger film by falling down from the sky via the ORION. That would mean that the Kyuranger had to have went through a black hole once before in order to get to that main universe.

Someone stop me before I go crazy thinking about this!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Zerato wrote:I just realized that this episode creates a bit of a continuity hiccup. The Zyuohger/Gokaiger crossover confirmed that the former takes place in the same universe as all of the previous sentai teams. But when we visit that universe in this episode, there aren't a bunch of Zyuland structures everywhere and there are no Zyumans in sight.
Japanese media doesn't always have the same sense on canon as western media.

Jyuhogers ending being on earth won't be relevant until it needs to be, and Kyuranger will exist in a seperate universe until it doesn't. Don't think about it too much.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

:sighs: so much for shinkenger 10 years after ...

btw something i noticed, in the opening Kotaro's real name isnt there. so is his character named after him? if so was there a contest or something?

and a friend of mine is visitng japan right now and was outside a building with a kyuranger poster and he posed in front of it and took a pic with the caption, "go go power rangers!" i was semi put off lol but good for him recognizing that they were loosely related to that.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

ViRGE wrote: And man, Geki's actor sure has bulked up. Having him standing next to the scrawny Sentai actors really shows off the difference.:o Though after 5 years I'm still not sure why Toei keeps trying to force him into things. It's clear that the Space Sheriff revival never gained enough traction, and this won't change things. (Though to the actor's credit, I think getting a bit older has been to his benefit; he feels like a better fit for the role now)
yeah i think he was kinda "big" for a toku actor. usually the big boys are just husky chaps.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Y'all need to stop worrying so hard about the canon. If the writers don't care, you shouldn't either. Just repeat to yourself "it's just a show, I should really just relax"

midorininger wrote:
btw something i noticed, in the opening Kotaro's real name isnt there. so is his character named after him? if so was there a contest or something?
Actors only get credit if they're in the episode proper. No cameo, no credit.
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

I loved Dekaranger and seeing this episode was a blast. Too bad they couldn't have all of them in this episode, but I'm glad nonetheless.

So looks like they're going the same route as with Power Rangers RPM, that it takes place in another universe. But as Luna has said several times, don't think too much about continuity.

I wonder if Maadako somehow returned to the Kyuuranger universe or if she'll be stuck in the Dekaranger universe until the next multi-crossovers happens.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
arromdee
Go Go!

Post by arromdee »

I think the line "Now, to return to my former galaxy" should be "Now, to return to my former universe" since she says "uchuu" and she's obviously trying to go from the Dakaranger universe back to the one with Jark Matter.

Possibly other references to "galaxy" as well.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

Cyborg-Lucario wrote:Too bad they couldn't have all of them in this episode, but I'm glad nonetheless.
I bet TOEI just didn't want to pay the extra actors when it was unnecessary. Deka Green and Pink didn't really do much anyway. And they had that one-second scene showing all the Dekrangers including Deka Break in their mech, so you could tell they didn't need the rest of the actual actors, lol.
Cyborg-Lucario wrote:I wonder if Maadako somehow returned to the Kyuuranger universe or if she'll be stuck in the Dekaranger universe until the next multi-crossovers happens.
I thought Madako was dead for good this time. Which I hope not, because she's really cool. If she does return, I'm sure they'll briefly come up with a joke as to how she returned to her normal universe.
Strykor
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkengers
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: Ever have one of those flashbacks...

Post by Strykor »

Lunagel wrote:Y'all need to stop worrying so hard about the canon. If the writers don't care, you shouldn't either. Just repeat to yourself "it's just a show, I should really just relax"
Surprised there wasn't a smiley after that theme song quote. Either way, be glad I don't feel like linking every episode of TableTop that has Felicia Day in it.

Anyway, this was just a fun side episode with the DekaRangers and Gavin before we start getting into the more serious stuff, and I'm just gonna leave it at that.

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”