KyuuRanger Space.19 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:13 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
5%
☆☆☆☆
11%
☆☆☆
47%
☆☆
16%
21%

Total votes: 19
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KyuuRanger Space.19 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's results: 3.92 / 5 (26 votes)

Alternate Title - Buy these KyuuRanger plushies

The girl was kind of cute. 3 stars.

Everyone has plot dumbness.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Re: KyuuRanger Space.19 released

Post by njb »

- While the upper bosses are quite great (Scorpio reminds me of Juuzou and Basco), why are almost all of the MOTW comedic? I'm not convinced that Jark Matter captured almost all of the galaxy with dimwits like these.
- What exactly was Stinger thinking???
- Also, why was Naaga inspired by the sun mode again?
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

It occurred to me as I was watching this that I really was not bothered by the week break at all. It's really getting to be a slog watching this.

I would honestly buy a Raptor plushie IF THEY ACTUALLY FUCKING USED HER IN THE GODDAMN SHOW
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Lunagel wrote:It's really getting to be a slog watching this.
True. I also felt the same thing with Ghost. But it's only been 19 episodes in for Kyuuranger :(
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Absence did not make my heart grow fonder for Kyuuranger. My tolerance for its antics seems to have plummeted over the week off.

Eris was majorly annoying. I know the whole "I find one member of the team cute - no, now it's the person I hated all episode" thing pops up fairly frequently in sentai, but it felt really stale this time for some reason.

I’m guessing Orion is Lucky’s ancestor, what with him looking like a prince and us not having any info on Lucky's mysterious background other than that one vague flashback. I was originally going to guess brother, but we haven't had any hints that Lucky has secretly been alive for a really long time, and Eris was pretty clear that a long time had passed since the KyuuTama was entrusted to her.

I wish the hunt for these three special KyuuTama felt like more of a challenge. Instead, it's like your typical cellphone game - wait for your energy to recharge, then go collect your prize. Sure, they didn't walk away with this one, but even fighting Scorpio didn't have the gravitas of facing off against the biggest enemy threat we've been introduced to.

So, Stinger left his KyuuTama behind but can still pilot his Voyager? Everything about Stinger this episode bothered me. He almost won me over because declaring his allegiance to Scorpio could have been interesting (even if I doubt Scorpio really would have believed him), but he immediately blew his own cover and basically handed over the real KyuuTamas. He's clearly not the brightest star in the galaxy.

Still not as painful as Ghost, though. The plot still makes sense, Stinger's idiocy excluded, even if it's fairly predictable.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

I find that i'm not invested into this series as much as i thought i would be, given it's an interesting idea having so many rangers to start with I just find the characters on both side bland, and the week break highlighted it for me, while with Ex-aid i remember personalities and plots, but with this everyone is generic hero for hero sake. I'm continuing to watch in the hopes that things improve, and going by scans there might be a few sparks of interest for me.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Isn't Raptor a full android? She shouldn't been affected by Stinger's poison if that was the case.

Also I really hope when Champ comes back that he just beats the crap out of Stinger for the dumbass that he is. He just needs to stop trying to do everything alone because that hasn't work out for him at all.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

After the break I came into this episode hopeful. The last Argo Ship Kyuutama, an adventure on a forest planet, and a rock-faced MOTW? It has all of the elements of a good Sentai episode. Sadly, that died somewhere between Hame giving the MOTW eyes, and Eris opening her mouth.

So for Kyuuranger this episode is average. Which is to say structurally sound, but disappointing. And I won't even get started on Stinger. There's being an anti-hero, and then there's whatever the heck he's doing.

On the plus side, however, I feel like the writing for Balance was at the top of its game in this episode. "Is she your type?" "Dunno". :lol:

And why is Octopussy back again? It just completely negated any purpose for the previous episode.:(
Lunagel wrote:It occurred to me as I was watching this that I really was not bothered by the week break at all. It's really getting to be a slog watching this.
I'm not quite to a slog yet, but man it's getting close. Kyuuranger doesn't have to be this bad. It's lighthearted and that's great, but they're doing a lighthearted Sentai all wrong.
I would honestly buy a Raptor plushie IF THEY ACTUALLY FUCKING USED HER IN THE GODDAMN SHOW
The show doesn't seem to shy away from using its suited characters, but Raptop in particular sure gets the short end of the stick. Pimp Commander, Garou, and Balance all see frequent usage. But hey, at least they made good use of all of the face actors in this episode.
PHurricane wrote:Eris was majorly annoying. I know the whole "I find one member of the team cute - no, now it's the person I hated all episode" thing pops up fairly frequently in sentai, but it felt really stale this time for some reason.
I'm really wondering if the director owed someone a favor. She's just sort of there. It may just be bad writing, but she doesn't serve any important purpose to the plot. Sure, she had the Kyuutama and revealed Orion to the audience and Rangers, but there are a million different ways to do that involving random civilians. Nothing about her presence was really required, so I'm guessing someone got strong-armed into this.
He's clearly not the brightest star in the galaxy.
Haven't you been paying attention? That designation clearly belongs to Lucky. :P
Phoenix512 wrote:Isn't Raptor a full android? She shouldn't been affected by Stinger's poison if that was the case.
Hasn't stinger incapacitated another android before? At this point I feel like the series has been rather consistent about the scorpion brothers' poison affecting anyone and everyone.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Its a good thing Stinger attacked scorpio straight away. I would have been pissed off if they tried to do the whole bullshit fake traitor thing again.
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

eris is quite cute in my opinion. well, the show try to make her a bit like an anime character. but perhaps it's not done properly.

scorpio is good, other than that perhaps so so.
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

according to the zodiac the sun passes through, Leo, Libra, Ophiuchus, Aquila, Libra and Taurus.
cant find the moon ones.

so ... i assume this is why Naga got pumped up too....

Orion? perhaps he became the orion constellation itself and is asleep waiting to be awakened or within the Orion Kyuutama like big bear is.

foreveryone hating on the stinger plot, look at it this way: at least they didnt introduce it, then never go back.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Cute girl, Kyurangers lost the Argos Kyutama because Stinger went rogue all and all ok episode
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

midorininger wrote:foreveryone hating on the stinger plot, look at it this way: at least they didnt introduce it, then never go back.
Alright, I'll grant you that.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Quite a dumb plot line. Lucky saves Eris in lieu of the Kyuutama, arguing her life is worth more. But the whole point of them going to get this Kyuutama was to form the Ship, which will save a whole planet (i.e. billions of lives). So, uh, nice going Lucky. You just traded one life for billions!

I know it doesn't make for a good story because it's coldhearted, but there is a reason we have the idiom "for the greater good."
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

First of all, Lucky gets credit for not following his opening introduction with "the luckiest man in the galaxy." It's also good to see Hame use her ninja skills without needing to transform first. That said, this Maadakko is the third regeneration in a row with a love-driven personality, and Stinger bringing the two real Kyuutama instead of duplicates doesn't feel very well thought out.
Lunagel wrote:It occurred to me as I was watching this that I really was not bothered by the week break at all. It's really getting to be a slog watching this.
Since I'm getting to the point where I've been late to post more often than not, I have to agree.

Advanced LuckyCount Breakdown:
Spoiler
“Lucky”'s by Lucky in episode 19:
  • Spoiler
    “Yossha Lucky”’s: - -- - –- - 5
  • Spoiler
    In Japanese: -- - -- - -- - -- 2
    Total: 5 English, 7 Both

And, for what it's worth, here's the breakdown from episode 18:
Spoiler
“Lucky”'s by Lucky in episode 18:
  • Spoiler