Too Many Rangers?

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Too Many Rangers?

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

Alright so Houou Solder makes 12 rangers in a show originally about 9. Personally I think this show is cracking under the weight of it's cast but what do you guys think? If they really wanted to introduce an extra they really should've have stopped at Ryuu Commander
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Too Many Rangers?

Post by VerusMaya II »

Yes, agreed. I think the arc of finding all 9 rangers should have been extended and more dramatic, and at most have 1 or 2 additional "sixth rangers" way later in the show.

Kotarou is pointless, useless, and obnoxious. The Commander being a ranger is fine, but he should've been sparingly used a la DekaMaster. Houou Soldier is hot both in and out of suit but it's so dang early in the show (ep 21!! yikes!!) in a cast already bursting at the seams.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Agreed, but I think the adults are more annoying than Kotarou. We still don't really know anything about Hame, Raptor, or Spada. And they've dropped hints about Lucky's past, but haven't really explored it at all. These are characters that we've had since episode 1, how about actually doing something with them? (Although no more Lucky-centric episodes please)
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

9 rangers from the start is pretty ambitious but they weren't utilized to their fullest, we only have small details if barely on Hamie, Raptor, & Spada. Stinger & Champ seems to have their character development resolved pretty quickly. Naga & Balance, while I love those two, are just there. Garu has the most interesting backstory but as of late, not a whole lot since. Lucky we got hints of his past but he can be so so annoying that I want to choke all of his life and take his place as Shishi Red, by giving Pega san to everyone else. Shou when given I can like him, when not I just want to get a frying pan and smack him in the back of the head. Kotaro, just shut it. You may be better, if barely, as of late but you're obnoxious
Last edited by Kurokage X on Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Yes. None of the adults other than Lucky and Stinger are fleshed out at all. Many of the rangers get stuck on the ship or sent away for periods of time. The fact that the robot needs Shishi Voyager means Lucky is always used and typically in focus to some degree.

Kyouryu handled 10 indefinitely better.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

This show had too many characters when it was just the 9 of them. At this point 12 is absurd; they don't even have enough suit actors to fill out the entire roster while also filling out the enemy ranks.
takenoko wrote:Agreed, but I think the adults are more annoying than Kotarou. We still don't really know anything about Hame, Raptor, or Spada. And they've dropped hints about Lucky's past, but haven't really explored it at all. These are characters that we've had since episode 1, how about actually doing something with them? (Although no more Lucky-centric episodes please)
"Thank you for the fan mail. We here at Toei also love Lucky and his optimistic excitement at the world. Please be sure to keep watching the show, as we'll have another fantastic episode focusing on your favorite Sentai Hero in early August!

Yossha, lucky!
Toei Fan Relations"
shadow1w2
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Drive
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by shadow1w2 »

I thought eleven was enough but the reveal of the ship not being a cool actual ship to use was rather just a ship with a church in it and another ranger.
Really didn't need more rangers, least not yet when we are all waiting for Champ.
Kinda stealing his thunder a bit.

Maybe around episode 30 they'll just keep finding new rangers till it gets out right absurd just to surprise everyone they'd go that far.
I think twelve has to be a final number with maybe some special extra rangers jumping in to help out an episode or two.
Least I hope, they have enough to split the team in two and get two full ranger teams with a red each.... maybe that's the plan.

Imagine if they just keep adding more and we get six teams worth with eight mechs between them.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

with so many characters its hard to expand on their story I would have preferred it if they just kept to a small team. I don't see why they had to put in so many rangers into the show.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Maybe to have at least 5 humans actors?
friendlyquark
7X
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Bruce Banner
Favorite Actor?: Jet Li
Favorite Band: Imogen Heap
My boom: writing
Quote: Ca va, go-busters?

Post by friendlyquark »

Honestly, as the series goes on, I feel like the writers have more flexibility than with smaller teams. You can have a bunch of them go back 300 years and do stuff and still have a full team to kick around in the present. I would like more depth for some of the lesser used rangers, but I'm also enjoying the sheer insanity of it all. Send half the team off to fight giant robots while the other half fights the shorter dudes? Sure, why not! Half your team injured? No problem, still got plenty more of them to fight. Also the relationships are just established enough that you get who is friends with whom, without the 'pink and yellow/white' have a girl bonding ep where they dress like anime characters and make me cry. LOL

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”