KyuuRanger Space.24 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:45 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
18%
☆☆☆☆
47%
☆☆☆
12%
☆☆
6%
18%

Total votes: 17
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KyuuRanger Space.24 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's results: 2.93 / 5 (14 votes)

Alternate Title - Not bad for a clusterfuck

I wasn't really paying attention to the main story, but I did watch the new mecha combination. Looks alright. Think it's kind of weird that it's just Tsurugi and Lucky piloting it though, didn't seem like there was any reason to cut the rest of the crew out.

Hope the actual story isn't too annoying when I translate it.

Edit:
Oh yeah, I'm changing it from Ohtori to Outori, since I tend to associate "Oh" with the kanji for "king". Outori means "phoenix" so that doesn't fit, and using the u is more consistent with how I normally romanize things. (Also the Ou in Outori is the same kanji as HouOu if that helps explain why it's done this way)

Why did Don Armage stop Tecchuu from killing Tsurugi again? You know you sent out your Vice-Shogun to kill the guy, right?

Despite it being a Lucky and Tsurugi episode, I felt like this was a pretty good redemptive episode for Tsurugi. Can't help but notice that we got smart Shou for most of this episode. Although, he did send the whole team just so they could get captured/incapacitated, because plot...

Preview
Spoiler
Is that Hata Mizuho? She's old enough to play a mother now? Noooooooooo
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KyuuRanger Space.24 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Cuervo's voiced by Daisuke Namikawa...

I apologize for the off-topic. I read from ANN that Namikawa got in trouble recently due to exposure of his previous extramarital affair with another female employee from an agency he used to work for, back in 2004. Did he get a slap on the wrist or is Cuervo his last contracted work before a possible exile from the industry?

As for the episode, it's alright. At least there's a reason to why Tsurugi's such a jerk.

Decent combination but I don't like that it's just Lucky and Tsurugi piloting it. Raptor-chan, please mod the robot so that it doesn't work like AbareMax.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh yeah, I feel like I saw that headline. Since it's a guy, I imagine he just got a slap on the wrist? It probably would be career ending if it were a lady.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

It’s funny, but I think this episode was more redemptive for Lucky than Tsurugi. Rather than just have him stomping around and yelling about how he doesn’t work want to work with mean ol’ Tsurugi, they let Lucky have a confrontation about why he was frustrated with Tsurugi in a way that allowed both characters to grow. I wasn’t shocked about the real reason for Tsurugi's behavior - I think we got a lot of cues given his relationship with Raptor and Spada - but I’m happy we got more backstory for him and his original companions.

(Give me more Orion backstory. There's still something about his story that I find fishy.)

I noticed a lot of moments this episode where characters called out someone else for acting hypocritically. I can appreciate when writers create flawed characters rather than wave away an inconsistency in a character’s behavior once it becomes inconvenient to a storyline.

The new mecha looks pretty good, but the fact that only two (i.e. the two reds) were needed to pilot something that incorporated everyone’s KyuuTama pissed me off. Yeah, they had that line at the end about how hard it was for just the two of them to handle it, but save the shorthanded mecha piloting until they’re in a desperate situation - not the mecha’s debut.

I’m not sure why it didn’t bother me before, but all I could see was MagiRed every time they did a close up on Houou’s helmet.

It might have been inappropriate, but Shishi and Houou stepping back to let the Commander get hit with an attack made me laugh. It was nice to have smart Commander.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

now we know the real reason Tsurugi was all for have your allies be your shield, when his crow friend decides to protect him despite his immortality which I agree with Tsurugi on in which he doesn't need an ally shield since he's immortal since he pretty much just wasted his life.
and it also shows that Tusrugi was full of bull since he claims to defeat Don Armage only to reveal he just lost his immortality and the don was still alive in that battle and shrugged off the immortality fueled fireball and is shocked that the vice shogun used his righthand man as a shield I say fuck you ya hypocrite.
Still I think the episode is fine since it resolves the two red ranger philosophy arguement instead of padding it out
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
arrowrange
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by arrowrange »

takenoko wrote: Oh yeah, I'm changing it from Ohtori to Outori, since I tend to associate "Oh" with the kanji for "king". Outori means "phoenix" so that doesn't fit, and using the u is more consistent with how I normally romanize things. (Also the Ou in Outori is the same kanji as HouOu if that helps explain why it's done this way.
Hmmmm.. what about the sign in Space 22, "Tsurugi Ōtori Science Laboratory? Does the "Ō" stand for "Ou"?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I hate how unnatural the line over the letters are. I don't think those look good to read and/or type.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

I'm loving the Yaoiness on the front page xD
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

I really enjoyed this episode, character development was welcomed and enjoyed. I believe that the new mecha will be piloted by all the team, they just had it be the two reds as the moment between them caused this miracle which i was far more pleased by compared to the last dual gattai which was a more bump into eachother thing, I was reminded of the end mecha from Toqger for this one, big and clunky.

One other thing that i won't go into detail due to future stuff that i will spoiler (but won't talk about the details)
Spoiler
the Card thing bothered me, but when i thought about it and what i've read I'm glad for it
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i felt it was weak.
So the 2 reds must learn to get along. seemed like the other members opinions didnt matter. then because the 2 reds get along a team mecha combiner, WHCIH only uses the 2 reds voyagers really but the whole teams kyutama are used .... as the team is left behind to stand and watch.

why even have 12 members when you have 2 red rangers?!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

You know what? I've missed the Henshin Lesson videos. Yes, they're stupid. Yes, they're practically a toy commercial for a toy commercial. But dammit, they have heart, something KyuuRanger still struggles with. Plus anything that gets more PimpCommander is a plus in my book.

On the other hand, what the heck was up with the cards? Sentai is a toy commercial, and in recent years they've had plenty of stupid toys. But they were pimping the licenses especially hard, which came off as strange.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote:On the other hand, what the heck was up with the cards? Sentai is a toy commercial, and in recent years they've had plenty of stupid toys. But they were pimping the licenses especially hard, which came off as strange.
You can only get them if you go to the summer movie. Aaaand they're random. They're hoping the kids will bug their parents for the silly things.
Smart Jason
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kyouryuuger
2nd Favorite Series: Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Ian Yorkland
Favorite Actor?: Konno Ayuri
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: Revenge is sweet
Type: ESTJ Supervisor

Post by Smart Jason »

Henshin Lesson 24. 7:30 >> Dragon Master. It should be Dragon Mast "A" r. Error report.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So what is the deal with the original Tsurugi and Don fight? Is he mis-remembering or is there a conspiracy?

The combined robot is beyond lame. The fact it just uses Lion and Phoenix with the Kyutama from the others is lazy. The spheres as the legs reminds of of the cubes in Zyuohgers final robot.

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”