KyuuRanger Space.26 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:42 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
14%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
24%
☆☆
10%
19%

Total votes: 21
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KyuuRanger Space.26 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's results: 3.26 / 5 (23 votes)

Alternate Title - From Goth to Boss

Is this what goth is?
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Re: KyuuRanger Space.26 released

Post by Slowking »

I felt it's a bit late to address Naaga's lack of emotions; an episode earlier on would have made more sense. Also, hadn't Naaga made some progress with emotions anyway?

I enjoyed the Hami/Naaga scenes though.

3/5
Behold the Emperor!
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

1/5

Naaga is evil, I don't like it :evil: :evil: :evil:
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

I rather enjoyed this episode, while we had some explanation for Naaga's race earlier in the series, this episode expanded on it, and in a way they are very much the Vulcan race from Star trek, burying their emotions because of how they used to be, and if that ability to suppress them is removed they become chaotic, much like Naaga did in this episode. Also it's still freaky knowing that this vice shogun is Yoko from Gobusters. But as for Metal I like the design and I do hope it sticks around after he turns back to being a good guy (if that happens) and I am glad we are splitting the party again as we get some focus.

Also! another thing that caught my attention, Lucky doesn't seem to be very...leadershipy since Houou arrived or is that just my imagination?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Eternal_Winterbane wrote:Also! another thing that caught my attention, Lucky doesn't seem to be very...leadershipy since Houou arrived or is that just my imagination?
It sort of makes sense though since he's not a military leader. He's just some guy who showed up who happens to be ?charismatic. Whether people like him or not, Captain Houou has experience leading people, so it makes sense for him to take command. Looks like this is a series where we have double reds on duty.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Also we've split up into two teams with a red in each, so likely both will be getting a leadership role.

Due to the size of the cast they kinda have to split up and not have everyone every time, but to me it feels like the antithesis of what Sentai is about. You work together as a team, not break off into separate groups. And there's little to no chemistry between certain characters. Have we even seen Garou and Kotarou interact?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I must admit, I'm not terribly fond of Naaga to begin with. So an episode focusing on him, even with these kinds of stakes, falls kind of flat. Still, we now have a multi-episode arc with an existing ranger turned evil, so that brings a lot of potential, especially if it's not resolved in a single episode.

Also, what the heck is Akyanbaa supposed to be, exactly?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, I was thinking about this. I think she's a triceratops, with the boobs being the horns on the animals.

Also, a sentai member that turns evil???
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

I like Naaga's Hebestukai Metal suit. It looks pretty cool.

And when it comes to Akyanbaa so is she based on Acámbaro figures, which are said to be ancient clay figurines of everything from people around the world to dinosaurs (of course studies on those figures have shown an uncertainty of them actually being ancient).
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Now we just need he evil clone sentai episode and things will be set in stone one thing bothers me though. Why the desperate trio split up? I mean Champ Stinger and Kotaru. For Kotaru staying at current time makes sense since he already had a not good experience playing with time also Earth is his home. For Stinger he was investigating why don armage was so set on earth and i dont think it is because of Houo soldier if that was the case once he was released Don Armage would draw his attention frome arth to somewhere else perhaps horogluim to prevent time travel. He is still being interested with earth means there is something else at there.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Cyborg-Lucario wrote:And when it comes to Akyanbaa so is she based on Acámbaro figures, which are said to be ancient clay figurines of everything from people around the world to dinosaurs (of course studies on those figures have shown an uncertainty of them actually being ancient).
Oh, that's awesome to note. Thank you for that.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

feels like a star wars reference since Naga joined the Jark side to get his emotions, though I remember him having some level of understanding with some emotions unless he's planning on something else.

Still I did like the episode since we get a bit of a proper episode for Naga instead of his development happening in between other episodes

Edit: Now for some reason Naga under the dark side makes me think he's a psychopathic incarnation of Dark Zagi
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

holy CGI twin tails! i forgot what i was going to say because i saw "Darkcurey"! with her ice sword no less!

oh right,
well ....
arent emotions something you EXP not learn? i think Naga just needed to chill. they could have used music or movies to help him off camera or even in background scenes. and wtf did the chest eye beam come from?
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

On an unrelated note: When I watch new dance ending I keep seeing someone who resembles Jackie Chan alot. Like as if he got about 15 years younger and just joined the dance and it is not once or twice it is the dude with blue yukata with some colored flowers i think. I think I need either see my doctor for eye or my doctor for brain :P
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm all for evil rangers, and brainwashed ones even more so, but the fact that Naga goes over willingly is a little hamfisted.

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”