KyuuRanger Space.31 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:28 am

☆☆☆☆☆
54%
☆☆☆☆
25%
☆☆☆
8%
☆☆
No votes
13%

Total votes: 24
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KyuuRanger Space.31 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's results: 3.85 / 5 (20 votes)

Alternate Title - It was nanomachines

More people voted last week than usually, and they voted kind of negatively. Guess people weren't a fan of Lucky's new form or how it was presented?

Yay, they rescued Naaga using the power of friendship.

It was kind of cool to see people who were left in the present day reacting to Lucky's new form. And Naaga can still use his evil power up. Neat!
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Re: KyuuRanger Space.31 released

Post by Arigomi »

The plan was pretty obvious given Spada's "Mama mia" lamentation.

Naaga's home planet seems to have sent one of the most incompetent assassins in the galaxy. Why didn't she have any counter to that paralysis/body control ability?

It was good to see the synchronized fighting with Naaga and Balance. It reinforces their friendship and all the time they spent together before joining the Kyuurangers.

I wish the directors would lay off the constant cycling of close-up shots of each and every character during a dramatic scene. We get it. Everyone is feeling a similar emotion.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Well that sure got all Fantastic Voyage in a hurry.

Okay, I'm alright with the "good soul" being inside Naaga's brain but how the fuck is the evil Naaga able to go inside his own brain? Shouldn't it implode or something? This seems like someone saw that one episode of Futurama and didn't quite understand how it worked.

Some of those close-ups of Echidna really highlighted the very prominent Adam's apple...

For fuck's sake, for all Raptor wanted to be a Kyuuranger she's certainly not pulling her weight recently. Although looks like she finally gets some screen time next ep.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

Another good episode for me.

This has been a pretty fun show in general. The character's interaction is probably the best stuff. Balance and Naaga united once again. Lucky super form teaming up with Naaga evil form, that's a win.

Oh, and people were pulling the veins in Naaga's brain, literally. That's a 5.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Good episode. 4 worthy in my opinion

I'm confused as for how Jark Naga can be in the brain while being in the real world unless it's the Jark side of Naga personified with the real Naga being chained sorta inside his head but hey he can finally understand emotions and use his Hebitsukai Metal form at will. Does that mean this arc is over since I would like it if Garu, Hammie, and Spada get more focus please
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well that was an enjoyable end to the Jark Naaga arc. I think the episode could have done without the fantastic voyage, but otherwise it delivered a satisfying conclusion to Naaga's walk on the wild side.

I'm really surprised (in a good way) that they're letting Naaga keep his dark powers. I can't recall anything like this happening in Sentai before (at least in modern times) so it'll be interesting to see where this leads. Does Toei have bigger plans? Or will it just be a costume change for Naaga every now and then for fun? (In the meantime this means we get to hear that wonderful minor-key transformation jingle :D )

I am however worried that since the show just tried to kill off Don Armage once, it's not going to be in a hurry to explain why he's still in power back in the present. Obviously this episode had bigger fish to fry, but right now everything is giving me the impression that things are going to slow down again now that we're in the 30s, which would mean that Toei saves that plot point for the 40s.:(

Side note: I wonder what Naaga and Hame's actors were up to while the past arc was being filmed? Lucky was in both, so they couldn't have been filming two episodes at once. I wouldn't be too surprised if we get another spin-off movie here that just conveniently involves the members of the future crew...

Oh, and how are they forming KyuuTamaJin when they're short Black and Purple? That just doesn't seem like it should work when members are not just not present for a battle, but missing entirely.

Finally, Lucky may very well be the worst part of this show. But credit to the actor where it's due: he can totally rock the helmetless suit. It's a shame we'll probably never get that in the show proper.

And with that, we bid adieu to Sentai's 7:30am time slot, the show's home for the last two decades. It's a monumental change, and hopefully one that doesn't hurt the show.
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

Another good episode. It's great to see that Naaga can use his evil side as a power up mostly because I was expecting him to get one. (And too Balance to be honest, but oh well...)
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:21 amAnd with that, we bid adieu to Sentai's 7:30am time slot, the show's home for the last two decades. It's a monumental change, and hopefully one that doesn't hurt the show.
Huh. Has it only been two decades since MegaRanger? Guess it felt longer. Mega changed the time slots April 6th, 1997 for people who didn't know.

Fun little fact, MegaRanger was only 20 minutes longer in the previous time slot. After moving to the TV-Asahi 7:30 time slot, it was lengthened to 24 minutes, which we enjoy to this very day.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

So this kind of establishes Naga was under mind control. Which kind of ruins the impact a bit.

Arisa made a Go-Busters reference!

Also, just an FYI for future, it's Mamma Mia, not Mama Mia. Italian.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:53 am Fun little fact, MegaRanger was only 20 minutes longer in the previous time slot. After moving to the TV-Asahi 7:30 time slot, it was lengthened to 24 minutes, which we enjoy to this very day.
So that's why the first 7 episode were only 20 minutes long! That's really interesting. I had always assumed that the show ran in a 30 minute time slot throughout its history.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Nope, it was on Fridays 5:30 - 5:55. Don't ask me what ran in the 5 minutes before 6 PM.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

To build onto what Take said, Sentai had been in that 25-minute spot specifically from episode 10 of Dynaman till episode 7 of Megaranger. I don't believe an official reason was given? but I do think it turned out for the better since it meant less stock footage and more time for story.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Lunagel wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:09 am

Okay, I'm alright with the "good soul" being inside Naaga's brain but how the fuck is the evil Naaga able to go inside his own brain? Shouldn't it implode or something? This seems like someone saw that one episode of Futurama and didn't quite understand how it worked.
Buu did it in Dragon Ball. But then again he was totally still and wasn't moving around.

I'm glad evil Naga arc is over. It was kind of shit to be honest.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

so anyone notice lucky uses a softer voice when in white ranger form?

Im glad Naaga kept his memories of being brainwashed though. and kept his powers. kinda neat he has black hole powers. also if lucky or naaga used the gemini kyutama, they could be in both forms fightting as
HebitsukaiSilver
HebitsukaiMetal
ShishiRed Orion
ShishiRed Taiyo Mode

this would make for a huge power up if they were able to both use it. both Naaga's getting the sun boost, and Miacle Star making wormholes. would be neat to see. I wonder if they will have Lucky over use the white suit so they will have 1 red visually?
Also, from last week, im guessing Shou stayed behind as Ootori and him were both mentor-ish, therefore they only needed 1 mentor?
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Naaga got so much screentime it was ridiculous. Glad this arc is over. I am not in favor of males being voiced over by female voices too but that's Japan for you.

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”