KyuuRanger Space.33 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:58 am

☆☆☆☆☆
24%
☆☆☆☆
35%
☆☆☆
18%
☆☆
No votes
24%

Total votes: 17
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KyuuRanger Space.33 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's results: 3.23 / 5 (13 votes)

Alternate Title - Maybe this Orion won't die

Not a bad episode, but a little confusing as to what Orion is supposed to be in the present day. So he died in the past, but built a battle ship before dying. Except maybe there was a ship named after him called the Orion-gou that was alive but it's not possessed by his ghost. But the battleship that he left behind before dying, might be possessed by his spirit and have nothing to do with the Orion-gou? Surely there could have been a way to streamline that, guys.

If Orion had this in his back pocket, why didn't he ever use it? (Also, the interior cockpit is exactly the same? I guess it saves on money...)

Tsurugi, you keep saying that word "legendary". I do not think you know what it means. A completely unused and unknown battleship is not legendary!

Final nitpick on the Orion Battle Ship, it's kind of lazy and unearned? They need a ship, deus ex machina, a better ship already exists. Just go pick it up. Need the Orion KyuuTama to activate it? Just literally pull it out of thin air. Need to be a legendary warrior? Just be the grandson of the guy who built all this stuff. It's not exactly a meritocracy now, is it?

I wonder if we're only going to meet the Chief Retainers for the 12 Zodiac constellations. We've met Scorpio and Elidron who was in charge of the Sagittarius system. And the Chief Retainer this week is in charge of Aries.

Lucky beating the monster of the week's power with reverse psychology is so quaint. I guess it's funny that it's so simple.

Oh, but it's a bummer that the giant Orion ship is a Lucky-only mecha. Oookay.

Oh, but the Commander's back, exactly the way everyone predicted he would.

4 out of 5 lucky stars, I had a good time.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KyuuRanger Space.33 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Oh lovely, the final mecha is a semi-throwback to the carrier-type vehicles of past Sentai series like Maskman and/or Liveman. And it uses hammerspace to keep the voyagers in storage.

I'm fine with this episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

takenoko wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:58 am (Also, the interior cockpit is exactly the same? I guess it saves on money...)
Speculation:
  • Orion-gou *is* the Orion Battle Ship.
  • In the final episodes, it was destroyed to an extent that it can't fight, only serve as transportation.
  • The Rebellion made a new exterior for it.
  • It was then sent back in time, or something. (Time travel makes plots weird.)
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Smart Jason
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kyouryuuger
2nd Favorite Series: Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Ian Yorkland
Favorite Actor?: Konno Ayuri
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: Revenge is sweet
Type: ESTJ Supervisor

Post by Smart Jason »

around 11:16, I heard Regulus Crash, U mistranslated into Regulus Slash. Besides, that is a shot from Seiza Blaster, how can that be Slash?
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

Smart Jason wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:41 am around 11:16, I heard Regulus Crash, U mistranslated into Regulus Slash. Besides, that is a shot from Seiza Blaster, how can that be Slash?
0:13:10.64 - 0:13:12.65 レグルスクラッシュ!

Yeah. I heard Regulus Crash even in captions. Reencoding for v2...

midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i kinda felt this episode was a wee biut underwhelming. though, Orion Battler doesnt seem to fully "obey" lucky. so perhaps THAT will be a thing.

hmm was actor for Orion in any live action baseball movies? i feel like perhaps the finisher being a hit the ball type deal might be a something?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

The Orion Battleship is definitely a homage to the Space Battleship Yamato. I was thinking about this last episode with the Orion-gou and how they were trying to make it a character. I kept thinking about the Yamato being a character even though it's not sentient at all. I didn't expect that Toei was trying to directly tied the Orion ships to the Yamato though. Going back to the actual episode though, the Orion Battleship was launched very similarity to the Yamato with an enemy bombardment attempting to stop it from launching. Also its firing of the main weapon is the same way that the Wave Motion Cannon on the Yamato is fired right down to the goggles and targeting control of the weapon.
Sonic Convoy
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Post by Sonic Convoy »

Phoenix512 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:37 am The Orion Battleship is definitely a homage to the Space Battleship Yamato. I was thinking about this last episode with the Orion-gou and how they were trying to make it a character. I kept thinking about the Yamato being a character even though it's not sentient at all. I didn't expect that Toei was trying to directly tied the Orion ships to the Yamato though. Going back to the actual episode though, the Orion Battleship was launched very similarity to the Yamato with an enemy bombardment attempting to stop it from launching. Also its firing of the main weapon is the same way that the Wave Motion Cannon on the Yamato is fired right down to the goggles and targeting control of the weapon.
that was the 1st thing i thought to.
YuushaGamer
Quote: I play to win
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by YuushaGamer »

anyone else noticed the clock is now gone in the upper left hand corner? also what was that mecha's theme song ugh...
twitter: @YuushaGamer
youtube: YuushaGamer
twitch: twitch/YuushaGamer
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

YuushaGamer wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:38 pm anyone else noticed the clock is now gone in the upper left hand corner?
That's what happens when you move time slots
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

I liked the episode well enough, but I'm shaking my head at "Battle Orion Ship". Anything else would have made more sense. "Orion Battle Ship". "Battle Ship Orion". Something like that. It's literally my only hangup about this.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I liked the space battleship Yamato reference with the big ship cannon. The commander now has the ability to blow up the sun if the need arises!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I'm generally in agreement with Takenoko on this one. Meanwhile, something about the way they staged Tsurugi carrying Hame makes me think they did it for the benefit of the mamas in the audience... :shock:
YuushaGamer wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:38 pm also what was that mecha's theme song ugh...
I noticed that as well. It's a very different kind of song. I kind of like it, but at the same time it's hard to hear it clearly with the loud audio mix they're using for the SFX.
Lunagel wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:10 pm
YuushaGamer wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:38 pm anyone else noticed the clock is now gone in the upper left hand corner?
That's what happens when you move time slots
Well now how am I supposed to know when the episode is nearing its end and its time for the mecha fight?! :P
Kamen Rider Gumo wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:11 pm I liked the episode well enough, but I'm shaking my head at "Battle Orion Ship". Anything else would have made more sense.
Not literally true. "Ship Orion Battle" would have been even worse. :wink: But you are right in general; Putting Orion in the middle of that doesn't really make a lot of sense. That's Toei Engrish for you, I suppose...
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

YuushaGamer wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:38 pmalso what was that mecha's theme song ugh...
"Hasshin! Battle Orion Ship" by Yuya Uchiyae, NoB, Hideaki Takatori and I believe Shinichi Ishihara.

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”