KyuuRanger Space.35 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:13 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆☆
14%
☆☆☆
21%
☆☆
No votes
14%

Total votes: 14
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KyuuRanger Space.35 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's results: 3.4 / 5 (10 votes)

Alternate Title - Goldfinger Victim meets Saiba Nico

That was a really good episode. A true miracle???

Hame was actually a character in this. Her outfit looked amazing. And it actually felt like a Sentai episode.

What's more, we got some closure on the Naaga arc. And Naaga and Hame's stories fed into each other in ways I wasn't expecting. Nice!

The reveal that the creepy Salacious Crumb that's been on Hoshi's shoulder since beginning is a Don Armage. What??? For KyuuRanger, that's a pretty good twist.

Did Hame steal Nico's clothes from Ex-Aid in the flashback, because they looked very similar.

The mecha fight was awesome, but it was maybe one attack too long.

Some nitpicks:
-/me rolls eyes at Hame saying she's feeling emotional.
-When they transmit the KyuuTama, they don't even show it appearing. It's just in someone's hand in the next scene.
-At the end of the same scene, the sound of the fight is still playing when they cut to commercial. Someone is nearly cut off saying Hame. And in another scene before commercial break the audio cuts out. Makes it seem like it was done arbitrarily.
-The green background made it look like they were fighting in front of a literal green screen. I can see why they don't use green for skies very much.

But otherwise, probably one of the stronger KyuuRanger episodes. And Hame finally gets some good characterization.

Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KyuuRanger Space.35 released

Post by Lunagel »

As a character episode this was well done. Some good backstory for Hame and ties between her and Naaga strengthened without Red hogging the spotlight. Probably the strongest character development we've had this whole series (thank you for giving us a flashback instead of an extended monologue)

Howeverrrrr I'm really confused as to the revelation concerning Don Armage here. So they did kill him before? But this time it was super easy like MOTW easy and Don Armage's actually not one person but many people? Is this like Osomatsu Armage here? It's just really out of left field and seems odd that the big reveal of why he's not dead yet was a) given absolutely no buildup whatsoever and b) kinda lame?

It looks like the next couple episodes are going to be killing time until they actually get to the Crux System which means we're actually going to have that space-faring adventure we were promised in the first episode whooo (although we still haven't explained why Earth had the ridiculous amount of Moraimaazu)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, the Don Armage reveal is kinda lame, but only because it seems like the most obvious answer to the mystery. They keep killing the guy and going "why is he still alive?" Either he's got more lives than Dan Kuroto, or there's more than one of him.

Another reason why this is a bad reveal is because the last boss in Jyuohger is also multiple entities. And that was just a couple years ago.
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

5/5

Naaga is a badass in this episode

A bit error in 17:52 - wrong color when Hame said to Naaga
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Whoops! Thanks for catching that
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

The monkey and the rabbit look familiar. I think I've seen them somewhere...
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

as a character episode for Hammy it's ok. I wonder how did she get off her home planet and why we don't focus on that for her backstory but this is fine and we get more closure on Naga's arc? I thought that was done when he broke free from the Jark side's influence/mind control but it's a fine closure so fine by me

so is the big secret Don Armage is hiding is that he's immortal or there's more than one? If one of those twists is the answer then that's kinda weak since you could put the pieces together after the Orion arc. Plus what's with the Don just sitting on that dude's shoulder for, to ambush the rangers? If so that's kinda smart plus bye bye character voiced by Yellow Buster, I will never remember you aside from giving Naga a powerup
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

To some degree I'm disappointed by the fact that with all the focus episodes other characters have gotten, Hame's had to be split with Naaga. On the other hand, I wholeheartedly agree that this is the best character focus episode to date. So while I'm suspicious about Toei downplaying the girls (again), I can't argue with the outcome.

Otherwise I can't say I'm a huge fan of the idol stuff, just because it seems like it was forced. But it did its job (and Japan will be Japan). On the positive side, you can never go wrong with Beet Buster. :D

On a side note, is it me or did Hame look really short in this episode? She's practically fun-sized to begin with, but something about the costuming or the camerawork made her seem especially short in this episode.
takenoko wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:14 pm Yeah, the Don Armage reveal is kinda lame, but only because it seems like the most obvious answer to the mystery. They keep killing the guy and going "why is he still alive?" Either he's got more lives than Dan Kuroto, or there's more than one of him.

Another reason why this is a bad reveal is because the last boss in Jyuohger is also multiple entities. And that was just a couple years ago.
I get the impression that Toei wants to get their money's worth for that suit. Which has been a recurring issue with Sentai over the past few years; they get locked into this need to keep or bring back characters again and again, whether it makes sense for the story or not.

Also, Jyuohger was just last year, Takenoko! :P
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:03 amAlso, Jyuohger was just last year, Takenoko! :P
It feels like it's been years!
prowlfire
Adventure

Post by prowlfire »

I'm so glad you gif'd the two costumed characters walking through the door. Had to rewind it because it was so randomly funny, but also horribly suspicious. And then BAM! Balance and Raptor, yay!

Have to echo what others have said - one of the stronger Kyuu episodes to date because *gasp* we actually got some real character development. Agree with Take that the mecha fight was very enjoyable but a touch lengthy. The other action scene I thoroughly enjoyed was when Spada, Hame, Balance, and Raptor took potshots at Akyanbaa's as she flew over their heads after Naaga's launching of her - not something you see too often in sentai fight scenes. It's usually just "oh hey yeah, they're being thrown over there".
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Was secretly hoping for Genius Star, Beet Bus-Star to be an addition to the team. Alas.

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”